kieranperez

Can We Invent A New Self?

17 posts in this topic

Is it possible to not only transcend but invent an entirely new more effective self for operating in the world?

I know this is the core of Ralstons work on what he calls “Transformation” (Pursuing Consciousness) as has Sadhguru 

So for example, I can transcend my character as one that is represented as a Enneagram Type 6 and MBTI INFP into a consciously invented self that’s more effective towards realizing my life purpose for example.

I know Wilber has said those things are pretty set in stone but (character traits and attributes) for the most part but I find my attributes just don’t align with what I would want to actualize as a life purpose. 

@kieranperez

of course it is possible to change deep rooted traits of oneself, its not even relevant to enlightenment. All is required is tremendous one pointed vision and desire to remold oneself. After the initial struggles of building momentum, that new identity and corresponding surroundings starts feeling more natural.

David goggins became the hyper athlete from being fat and lazy

Many successful PUAs became from shy, unsocial insecure boys to fucking over 100 girls per month

Many wealthy and successful people were once crippled with many lack beliefs about theselves for decades

so on and so forth

In one of Teal Swan's video, I heard about this really fascinating idea which is like negative life purpose. It's like you are actually born with the opposite traits than what you are destined to become in this life. Destiny plays the role this way so that your actual life purpose comes true.

For example, if you are destined to be a very wealthy person, you'll actually start life in a very poor place with poor psychology in such a way that the utter suffering of poverty drives you mad and sends you straight into wealth by herculean effort exercised by you.

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

4 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

sure, what would you like to be called?

brahman noodles

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

7 minutes ago, Preetom said:

@kieranperez

of course it is possible to change deep rooted traits of oneself, its not even relevant to enlightenment. All is required is tremendous one pointed vision and desire to remold oneself. After the initial struggles of building momentum, that new identity and corresponding surroundings starts feeling more natural.

David goggins became the hyper athlete from being fat and lazy

Many successful PUAs became from shy, unsocial insecure boys to fucking over 100 girls per month

Many wealthy and successful people were once crippled with many lack beliefs about theselves for decades

so on and so forth

In one of Teal Swan's video, I heard about this really fascinating idea which is like negative life purpose. It's like you are actually born with the opposite traits than what you are destined to become in this life. Destiny plays the role this way so that your actual life purpose comes true.

For example, if you are destined to be a very wealthy person, you'll actually start life in a very poor place with poor psychology in such a way that the utter suffering of poverty drives you mad and sends you straight into wealth by herculean effort exercised by you.

None of this is what talking about in terms of transformation.

Improvement of what’s already so is not transformation. 

None of the examples you brought up are transformation from the basis of what I’m talking about. 

David Goggins was an extremely traumatized and neurotic indinvidual and channeled that neurosis into a neurosis that got him to great levels of personal improvement. His ego structure is still very much similar though. This is not what I’m talking about. 

PUAs get good at manipulating their insecurity in such a way where they’re good at internalizing it and still get results with women. However, the same ego structure deep down is still in tact. 

Thins is going to be hard to explain if you haven’t gone over the work of someone like Ralston or something similar. 

You're talking about the change of something external at the end of the day. I’m talking a total tranformation in the internal mechanics. 

You cannot really achieve the transformation I’m referring to without enlightenment. However I’m trying to get more perspectives on this matter. 

53 minutes ago, kieranperez said:

....but the transformational aspect is that at some point, you won't be there anymore...

*chills*

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

1 hour ago, kieranperez said:

but I find my attributes just don’t align with what I would want to actualize as a life purpose. 

Maybe you are trying to force a LP instead of aligning with what is natural for you?

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

@kieranperez Yes, and its actually where the real labor lies on. This is also what non-dual robots fear the most: purification.

unborn Truth

YUP!

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

Your "self" is simply habits repeated over time. Change the habits and you'll change yourself. Easier said then done tho. 

"No one can pass the gateless gate. So be no one."

13 hours ago, kieranperez said:

So for example, I can transcend my character as one that is represented as a Enneagram Type 6 and MBTI INFP into a consciously invented self that’s more effective towards realizing my life purpose for example.

I know Wilber has said those things are pretty set in stone but (character traits and attributes) for the most part but I find my attributes just don’t align with what I would want to actualize as a life purpose.

People are different. A developed Enneagram type 5 with the most withdrawn subtype (selfpreservation), e.g. Eckhart Tolle looks different than for example a developed Enneagram 8 with sexual subtype (Papaji, Chogyam Trungpa, Isaac Shapiro...). Even though they might not be very fixated their "fixation" (their type) did not change.
Most of the time "life purpose" is just the conditioning speaking imo though.

@kieranperez In practice it's very challenging because your life is about survival as you.

You can't have it both ways: you can't stay yourself and radically change. It's one or the other. Being you means not being something else. And you are deeply committed to being you. You are not just a blank slate. Your biology has certain trade-offs. You can't just turn yourself into a kangaroo because then you would no longer be a human. By being born as a human you already made the choice to not be a kangaroo. That's what human birth is! That choice! So now you're stuck with it until you completely relinquish that choice (via "death").

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@kieranperez In practice it's very challenging because your life is about survival as you.

You can't have it both ways: you can't stay yourself and radically change. It's one or the other. Being you means not being something else. And you are deeply committed to being you. You are not just a blank slate. Your biology has certain trade-offs. You can't just turn yourself into a kangaroo because then you would no longer be a human. By being born as a human you already made the choice to not be a kangaroo. That's what human birth is! That choice! So now you're stuck with it until you completely relinquish that choice (via "death").

Where the choice take place?? I Do not remember ? Imean all this time i have no choice..i grew up and force brought me here just like that .. so whereee?   my birth just came just like that..  ohhh mannn!! I am really unconscious ... or should i read books about it? I think it's consciousness 

Edited by John Iverson

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

By being born as a human you already made the choice to not be a kangaroo. That's what human birth is! That choice!

Being born as a gay is a choice to be born as a gay?

Did I choose to be born as a lazy guy?

Edited by CreamCat