Truth Addict

You guys are so misunderstanding this place..

155 posts in this topic

@Truth Addict Yeah and what I'm saying is that maybe we need to be more mindful of how we present our criticisms towards others.

Nobody likes people who are critical in an arrogant way. They will most likely be open to their criticisms if they weren't so arrogant. Not saying that a lot of people here tend to be arrogant, but I do see it a few times.

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

@Truth Addict I wanted to say that I appreciate what you are saying in this post and the other post that you created, because is good to see other perspectives, or as you said, we will be stuck in our position only.

I think is good to be honest and share an honest opinion. The only thing that it called my attention was that you and Joseph were in a position in which if we didn't think the way you did we were Leo's butt kissers or we were in a cult following Leo like he is a kind of Guru with some kind of paranormal power.

I think we need to understand that we are here to share our views, but we can't impose them to others, because saying that we are butt kissers of Leo is like, saying "Ok, you don't like my observations? So now you are this or that" it's a kind of emotional blackmail I think.

When I said to Joseph that we should just share our visions and do criticism yes, but to certain point. You know people takes a lot of time to change and if we keep pressuring someone to impose our vision finally what we are going to get is the opposite result.

When I said we should only tell our differences and share our views, Joseph asked me "how do we grow then?"

And that was when I told him just seeing and sharing our experiences. 

Then he said "Ok, why don't we hold our hands and sing Kumbaya?"

I don't know, that kind of responses makes me not to want to talk to that person anymore, really.

but let me tell you something, nothing is going to make me get angry with anyone or not accept a critic it doesn't matter from where it comes.

there's nothing that will make me feel bad or will anger me because of a criticism. And if it happens, I will just watch the emotion and know that I am nothingness and problem solved!!!

Lol... I just wanted to share this with you and I appreciate your honesty for sharing your vision with us.

Sleep well and have a dream with unicorns!

:P

Edited by abrakamowse

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@7thLetter Absolutely ?

That's what I'm learning to do/be. I think it depends, sometimes some people need to get hit with a stick to wake up, sometimes they are weak and emotional and they need comfort and support more than criticism. It depends, really. And one thing is, is that you can never know how your advice, no matter how gentle, will be received by the other person. It depends mostly on them. The ego does not like the truth, of course. That's why I posted my thread in the first place, to clarify this fact. Leo stressed the importance of not being a victim in two videos, I think they are one of the most important videos of his.

@abrakamowse That's the kind of open-mindedness that I'm talking about, and I respect you for that.

Joseph was a little bit unpractical with his criticism of others. But at the same time, he was just expressing his opinions. They might not be effective, since they are offensive, and they make the ego defensive, but they're still his views, and he's free to share them. However, the consequences of his actions are not up to him, especially when he is in a forum where he has no moderation powers at all.

Diplomacy is very powerful. The essence of the communication gets lost when we dismiss diplomacy. I mean we have to be practical with our communications, or they will fall on deaf ears, or even worse, might create negative and opposite results to what was intended.

I think we should define our goals with our communications before we start translating them into words. That probably leads to a better output.

And since the ego does not like the truth, sometimes it's best to sugar-coat it with some compliments.

It's really complicated, but really simple at the same time. Practice is key, of course.

Thank you ❤️

50 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

This forum is a place for criticism and correctiveness. It's not a place for comfort. 

@abrakamowse ?

50 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

I appreciate you are just talking for yourself and not for everyone.

I'm here for all those three C's. Actually I'd say I am mostly here for comfort and I have that comfort. My comfort levels didn't change when I kind of felt my first topic got blown out the water and I felt out my depth. Still felt comfortable as this is the internet. The forum won't impact on my comfort levels even if I don't quite fit in. So much wisdom on here. Just depends how you deal with stuff and how you take the rough with the smooth. It's all good man. It's all comfortable.

@Bill W ?

That's exactly the point. It's not really about us, but rather about you. Everyone must acknowledge that fact and take responsibility, or else they're stuck, and sure that's fine by me.

Edited by Truth Addict

In the past week I have been quite shocked at the level of criticism and abuse I have witnessed here. The problem is those of us who feel like we are at a "higher level " than other members then give ourselves the right to criticism and sit in judgement of those we have deemed to be inferior. If I were male I would be by upset at the assumption that this is simply masculine behaviour. 

Feedback and criticism are 2 very different things. I believe the moderators should be more harsh on criticism as it breeds the environment of "us and them."

Besides you are only guessing who you are about to criticise, it could very well be an enlightened Buddhist doing research. ☺️

@Flatworld Crusades Yes but also remember this is very radical and advanced stuff.  It is par for the course that it is going to spark heated discussion and debate.

At the end of the day we must respect all perspectives.  And to do that we must be able to see things and understand things from multiple perspectives - to jump between them.

Truth is Absolute.  It is the Absolute perspective. It will reveal itself when it chooses.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 I have no disagreement with you, and if heated debate amongst peers happens so be it.  My point is that the more abusive tactics of those yet to rise are improper. 

@Flatworld Crusades Understood.  But when one's entire belief system or paradigm is threatened it can indeed cause one to implode.  And we are talking about paradigm shifts here.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 I also found myself in that situation and took myself off for a few days for a period of introspection. 

My position on the bad behaviour here is to protect, in any way that I can, those are coming through. 

@Flatworld Crusades i ageee.  There is no place for shouting profanity at other people.  If it comes to that the person should take a break  from this and do some real introspection.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Flatworld Crusades

If you're referring to my earlier thread where I criticised Leo, then you didn't get it. But that's okay, because Leo got it. I hope I will see changes in the specific things I was criticising about his approach. I love Actualized.org, and I want it to stay a healthy environment for human evolution.

I'm thinking about global effects, you're thinking about individual concerns. That's the difference.

I don't want to make another discussion about that case. I will wait and see how the videos will go and I'll act accordingly as I see fit, no matter the consequences on my individual self, restriction or banning. I will always speak the truth.

Edited by Truth Addict

@Truth Addict you speak the truth relative to you.  That's your perspective.

But their is a higher Truth.  An Absolute.  The Absolute perspective.  Which is no perspective at all actually it's just pure Being or Isness.  God in his purest form - the formLESS.

That's what some of the folks here don't want to believe.  And those of us who have become it, become ourselves, only disservice or turn God into the Devil by trying to convince others of it.  It's the snake eating its own tail.   

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

9 hours ago, 7thLetter said:

@Truth Addict Yeah and what I'm saying is that maybe we need to be more mindful of how we present our criticisms towards others.

Nobody likes people who are critical in an arrogant way. They will most likely be open to their criticisms if they weren't so arrogant. Not saying that a lot of people here tend to be arrogant, but I do see it a few times.

It's relative if you take awareness that all social norms are mostly a mimic delusion in the collective consciousness that dépend a lot of what your parents teached you with

How can I know. Sometimes you could push 'being nice' and people take it as an insult to their values anyway for whatever reason.

Edited by Aeris

@Inliytened1

I'm highly aware of that. And you're all aware that Absolute Truth cannot be spoken. Yet, you try to speak it, and then people cling to the words, and then they create an ideology out of Truth. That was mainly my concern, and I think Leo gets it now. I don't want his teachings to become a portal for devils, he's done and is still doing a great job at explaining metaphysics, and yet, people tend to cling to ideas and beliefs about God, and they take his explanations literally and sometimes for granted. If Leo just becomes more careful with his approach, I think he will be able to avoid ideology.

We need more practicality with our use of the communication, because otherwise, we haven't learned anything from earlier experiences of religion. And therefore, we will create another religion, probably a more dangerous one, since highly intelligent people are getting involved in it.

@Truth Addict Are you suggesting that it's time to make this into a secret society? Should this knowledge only be kept for the "elite" then? 

We live in bizarre times, when Youtube is full of information that was held closely as secret for hundreds of years. Just 10 years ago it was a place for cat videos. 

Not only is information more readily available than ever but secrets are harder to keep than ever.

Maybe this could be a prophecy for our times? "No one lights a lamp and covers it with a jar or puts it under a bed. Instead, he sets it on a lampstand, so those who enter can see the light. For there is nothing hidden that will not be revealed, and nothing concealed that will not be known and illuminated."

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

14 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@Truth Addict Are you suggesting that it's time to make this into a secret society? Should this knowledge only be kept for the "elite" then? 

We live in bizarre times, when Youtube is full of information that was held closely as secret for hundreds of years. Just 10 years ago it was a place for cat videos. 

Not only is information more readily available than ever but secrets are harder to keep than ever.

Maybe this could be a prophecy for our times? "No one lights a lamp and covers it with a jar or puts it under a bed. Instead, he sets it on a lampstand, so those who enter can see the light. For there is nothing hidden that will not be revealed, and nothing concealed that will not be known and illuminated."

I was thinking the same.

clearly I m taking the place of master sith lord, great master & commander of war.