jim123

Can psychedelics make you a psychopath?

76 posts in this topic

Depends what you mean by Evil. "Pure Evil" as deprivation, in the Plotinus sense, doesn't exist. And that is the point.
Evil as absence from God, doesn't exist either. If this is the "Best of All possible Worlds." and Evil is merely discomfort. How can it be, when all there is ,is God.

What if Evil is a vector.

If Evil doesn't exist. Then does Good exist?

Evil as I've said, doesn't exist to or in, a Pantheist or Atheist. Even theism or stoicism has problems with evil being dualistic.

God(s)

God the Father. "In whom no there is no Darkness". In which case there can be no Evil.
Gnostic God/Holy Spirit? In which all things are possible.
Satan.

Psychedelics. "This flame will burn away the darkness, burn you the way to paradise!" - Conan the Barbarian. >:(

God is so intelligent and powerful that it managed to create itself as Leo said. Thus it stands to reason that it can also create things more moral, and compassionate than itself. Humans.

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

@jim123 You not being asked to believe anything in this work. This is not a religion, nor an ideology, nor even a philosophy.

Everything I say you must discover in your direct experience.

If you carefully look at what "good" and "bad" are in your direct experience you will notice that they are thoughts of your ego-mind. So you are literally creating them. This is not an opinion or a theory. Look and see how your own mind works.

You must be curious enough to investigate your self's functioning. This is self-science.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@jim123

Everything I say you must discover in your direct experience.

I must say that if you do have an actual Satori, it does fall into place with your life very well. It's no joke. Otherwise, it's very hard to convince yourself that you had a Satori.

13 hours ago, Shadowraix said:

The Bible has a lot of great teachings but you likely won't be able to grab them until you yourself become more conscious.

I don't think any "nondual teacher" grabs the teachings of the Bible. Instead what they do is twist the scriptures unto their own destruction. The Bible warns about people who do just that (2. Peter 3:15-17).

Every time I've heard a nondual teacher reference the Bible, it has been some individual verse which is being twisted or taken out of context. By contrast, when preachers talk about the Bible, it's going to be a whole chapter examined verse by verse. There are thousands of verses in the Bible so it's no marvel that you could take some of them and twist them to make it appear as if the Bible is teaching the same stuff as eastern religions.

3 minutes ago, jim123 said:

I don't think any "nondual teacher" grabs the teachings of the Bible. Instead what they do is twist the scriptures unto their own destruction. The Bible warns about people who do just that (2. Peter 3:15-17).

Every time I've heard a nondual teacher reference the Bible, it has been some individual verse which is being twisted or taken out of context. By contrast, when preachers talk about the Bible, it's going to be a whole chapter examined verse by verse. There are thousands of verses in the Bible so it's no marvel that you could take some of them and twist them to make it appear as if the Bible is teaching the same stuff as eastern religions.

jimy, all bible is one huge twist, all religious people twist it, I am not sure how you can read it and not twist it. 

On 5/11/2019 at 8:38 AM, jim123 said:

That's another bizarre teaching because virtually no-one just loves everything. Try to focus on loving everything when you see someone molesting little children. No-one is like that. There's nothing wrong with being hateful or angry at times because any reasonable person would agree that those are perfectly normal and natural feelings, not some mistakes we should get rid of.

You keep referencing The Bible on this thread which is about a man (who never historically existed) who was unconditionally loving... in yet you're being the very devil Jesus warns you by saying the above "There's nothing wrong with being hateful or angry".

Stop assuming most people have their shit together. Since when are the herd of sleeping sheep the one's worth listening to? The common masses are the one's who nailed Christ to a damn cross. 

Which goes into the point where virtually no-one just loves everything... That's right. High quality conscious human beings who truly know God and have the capacity to see and understand the world as it is (which is pure Love absent of the delusion of evil) are rare. Hence why Christians and the evolution of Christianity (aside from the rare enlightened mystics) became the very thing Christ warned those NOT to turn into. Hence why all your years of Bible study have gotten you nowhere. 

Drop this. 

Non dual teachers understand the Bible much better than who were supposed to spread love. Jesus also warned us about that. 

They also choose which books are canonical and which ones not. They created the twisted "context".

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@Leo Gura

But how does one discover himself to be God? God is omniscient and omnipotent. So tell me how to know all things and create a universe out of nothing, then we'll talk.

The possibility of evil is implied by that of good. Where “good” is defined on the structure of global reality – and this is ultimately the only real way to define it – the absence of a good | evil distinction would mean that reality is structureless. But as we can easily observe that reality has structure, such a distinction must exist, which implies that both good and evil must exist. In short, good is that which is globally consistent with the structure of reality, and evil is the opposite.

In the CTMU, God is defined as the Ultimate Reality. So good is that which accords with God, and evil is the opposite. Very simple.

-------------------

Love, to be meaningfully defined, is NEVER unconditional. Meaningful definitions require conditions; that’s a rule of semantics that cannot be overcome by wishful thinking.

------------------------

In the CTMU, evil is ultimately defined as a virulent self-negation imperative. The application to self-hating progressives is really quite natural.

--------------

A few quotes, by Christopher Langan.

14 minutes ago, jim123 said:

@Leo Gura

But how does one discover himself to be God? God is omniscient and omnipotent. So tell me how to know all things and create a universe out of nothing, then we'll talk.

Thats the whole point of doing spiritual practices, so easy to get lost in the theory, just get stuck into the work and find out for yourself. 

Think of when you dream, what is the god of the dream? you would say your own mind. Why do you think its any different in the waking state?

If you investigate your direct experience you will find there is no difference. Everything exists inside you. You could have a dream you are reading a bible, but the nature of the bible in the dream is your own mind. You have created a false story of the reality of your dream inside your own dream. Same thing is happening right now in the waking state. Believe your own experience, not the content of your experience. 

20 minutes ago, noselfnofun said:

Thats the whole point of doing spiritual practices, so easy to get lost in the theory, just get stuck into the work and find out for yourself. 

Think of when you dream, what is the god of the dream? you would say your own mind. Why do you think its any different in the waking state?

If you investigate your direct experience you will find there is no difference. Everything exists inside you. You could have a dream you are reading a bible, but the nature of the bible in the dream is your own mind. You have created a false story of the reality of your dream inside your own dream. Same thing is happening right now in the waking state. Believe your own experience, not the content of your experience. 

Explain how this isn't solipsism.

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

12 minutes ago, noselfnofun said:

Well the god of the dream is my brain because that's what creates dreams.

If you investigate your direct experience you will find there is no difference. Everything exists inside you.

Everything I think about or know about surely exists inside my mind, but that doesn't make me an all-knowing or all-powerful being.

4 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Explain how this isn't solipsism.

firstly, explain how in your own experience you know an alternative? You don't. That is our experience, the only thing we have to our experience is the knowing of it. 

I was using the dream state as an analogy to help the OP to break out of relying on ideas and start relying on his direct experience. There is differences to the dream and the waking state, the waking state is more like a shared dream, the dream state may also be shared for all we know tbf. 

The more you deepen your practice you can reach a state in which you realise your own individual knowing is not limited to other individual knowing but your own awareness has limited itself off to only one experience.

Also reaching the ability to see into other peoples experiences, there thoughts, directly experience infinity and how it splits of into different individual experiences, see your past lives ect thus debunking solipsism. The I is always the same with everyone, just the content is always different. I has no limits. 

23 minutes ago, jim123 said:

Well the god of the dream is my brain because that's what creates dreams.

Your brain creates dreams, are you sure ? Is that your direct experience? That is an idea told to you by science. Your experience is, your awake, you fall asleep, you dream. You are the central point in all of these experiences. 

Edited by noselfnofun

20 minutes ago, jim123 said:

Everything I think about or know about surely exists inside my mind, but that doesn't make me an all-knowing or all-powerful being.

You cannot become what you already are.

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

16 minutes ago, jim123 said:

You have just contradicted yourself, everything I know exists inside my mind yet that cannot make me an all knowing all powerful being. That is exactly what it dose make you. 

I guess the mistake your making is your thinking its happening inside your 'mind' think more on the terms its all happening inside you. seeing happens inside you, objects have existence inside you, hearing, ideas, thoughts, everything that could every exists, exists inside you. Making you in your experience the source of all creation. The I is the source of everything to come into existence. 

Anyway the main point is to start using your experience as the measurement of truth not ideas inside your experience. ideas are things to be used to test inside our experience to be found out if they are true or not. 

5 hours ago, jim123 said:

Was it twisted and taken out of context or did you twist it and take it out of context? 

The Bible wasn't written by Jesus and the teachings of spirituality can only be deciphered by you yourself reaching an understanding that they reached. You don't understand x until you've experienced it. Especially when you can't ask the author anymore. 

The Bible is a mixture of spiritual teaching and culture which is part of why it is so cryptic. Truth mixed in with the nonsense is about how people function in general. Jesus did the best he could for the time he was in. He could not propose a world like today when what he did propose ended in his death. Unfortunately his method of moralizations did not work. 

Following just the Bible will be short sighted. You must study all teachings and try to experience what they did in order to understand. At the end of the day all religions derive from somebody who has had some form of an awakening experience. Their communication of the undefinable will be drastically different. You can teach it in an infinite number of ways. You'll eventually figure out all religions point to the same thing differently. 

Edited by Shadowraix

@jim123 You are clearly dogmatic and closedminded. So nothing more can be done to help.

When you are ready to admit that everything you've be taught was a lie, then come back and let's talk.

You have no interest in Truth. You are interested in defending your preexisting position. That won't cut it if you want to realize God.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, jim123 said:

@Leo Gura

Is that the only definition of the word "God"?  That particular definition of God has a history to it.  There are many concepts of God; why assume that's the "one right one"?  

Edited by Joseph Maynor