jim123

Can psychedelics make you a psychopath?

76 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

@jim123

These teachings are very advanced, most people can't accept them, so don't feel frustrated.

Just because someone claims something to be "an advanced teaching" doesn't make it true, does it?

1 hour ago, jim123 said:

Just because someone claims something to be "an advanced teaching" doesn't make it true, does it?

Of course.

Keep asking questions like this and you'll find out soon enough whether we're lying or truthful.

❤️

Quite the contrary.  Psychedelics allow you to see all the shitty parts of yourself so they can be identified and cleaned out.

2 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

Of course.

Keep asking questions like this and you'll find out soon enough whether we're lying or truthful.

❤️

I saw this new age documentary called "Samadhi" on youtube. You can look it up. But when you watch it a while, something just doesn't feel right about it. Like the fact that the narrator of that film has this hypnotic voice. It's like one of those ASMR videos. It almost makes it appear like the whole thing is meant to seduce you into believing lies.

17 hours ago, Serotoninluv said:

Everything is Good in an absolute sense,

The burden of proof is on you if you think that.

@jim123

Yeah, I've watched both parts of "Samadhi" last year.

You can look at it that way, I think it's healthy to doubt such information.

The thing is, they're claiming that the information provided can be validated by us through direct experience, things that cannot even be believed. I don't know if that's true, I haven't personally experienced Samadhi or any other kind mystical experiences, but I'm open to it because I'm interested in finding out what this thing called Reality or God is.

After all, what is not trying to seduce us one way or another?

Edited by Truth Addict

2 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@jim123

Yeah, I've watched both parts of "Samadhi" last year.

You can look at it that way, I think it's healthy to doubt such information.

The thing is, they're claiming that the information provided can be validated by us through direct experience, things that cannot even be believed. I don't know if that's true, I haven't personally experienced Samadhi or any other kind mystical experiences, but I'm open to it because I'm interested in finding out what this thing called Reality or God is.

After all, what is not trying to seduce us one way or another?

You should spend less time in forum and  more time in  practice if you have not experienced anything yet, 

Are you actually putting in work , or just watching videos and posting at forum? 

@purerogue

You're right, and I'm already working on that.

Although I have experienced glimpses of non-duality, but I can't tell a newbie that what I experienced was true until I am 100% sure.

I have also found true happiness, does this count as work?

6 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@purerogue

You're right, and I'm already working on that.

Although I have experienced glimpses of non-duality, but I can't tell a newbie that what I experienced was true until I am 100% sure.

I have also found true happiness, does this count as work?

Yes it does, I think you should push practice way ,way more at your point, you clearly have more then enough information to get further, but you are far behind in implementing, trying stuff out. 

1 minute ago, Truth Addict said:

@purerogue

You're absolutely right ??

But you're gonna miss me a lot :P

Thank you for the reminder ❤️

It is totally worth it knowing that you will have allot of interesting stories to share ! :) 

7 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@jim123

The thing is, they're claiming that the information provided can be validated by us through direct experience, things that cannot even be believed.

Here's the thing about that. Christians don't only believe that there is God but that there are also demons. The Bible even calls them gods (gods with lowercase-g) and with certain names like Belial. What if by doing spiritual practices like yoga, self-inquiry, etc, you're not coming closer to God but are opening yourself up to those demonic spirits? Are you not concerned about that?

I'm sure you can validate something through those practices or psychedelics, but the thing you are validating may be a satanic illusion.

7 minutes ago, jim123 said:

Here's the thing about that. Christians don't only believe that there is God but that there are also demons. The Bible even calls them gods (gods with lowercase-g) and with certain names like Belial. What if by doing spiritual practices like yoga, self-inquiry, etc, you're not coming closer to God but are opening yourself up to those demonic spirits? Are you not concerned about that?

I'm sure you can validate something through those practices or psychedelics, but the thing you are validating may be a satanic illusion.

Hey Jim, what do you think "God" is (especially in relation to the Samadhi series)? What we call "God", is not bound by dogma or belief systems. This "God" isn't some entity outside of yourself that judges everything you do and decides your fate in the afterlife, but "God" is you (not the ego-you, although this also occurs within God/You/Reality). The issue that arises, that we can't properly communicate "God" and misunderstandings arise. God has many names such as... consciousness, reality, no-thing-ness, pure love and so on. Those names can only point to something, but never precicely to what most of us here are after. 

From the above perspective, the interpretation of the bible and other holy books are quite different than the norm, especially after non-dual experiences.

"Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves."

- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

It’s really not that hard to grapple. It’s when you come with a human conception of how reality works and project it that stifleness is created. 

For me when I hear Leo speak I understand this “nothing is evil”. Because think about it. Evil is dichotomy dependent. It relies upon an opposite in order to be substantiated. The only way you can announce something as bad is to contrast with something to oppose it by. So you inevitably you have to include what you contrast it by because it is interdependent. It is created and reliant on its contrasting partner other wise it could not exist.

The only frame of reference for denoting something as good is from framing in the same reference of what is bad. In other words, to say evil exist is to at the same time is to say you yourself is evil. Because you have to account for both sides of the coin.

I see morality as human prejudice and bias. A projected mirage upon the world that really holds not contextual substance taken to its depth. Really evaluating this is quite easy to see the flaw. As soon as you label something as innately bad you are as well labelling yourself as bad. Because you have to include yourself in the frame of reference in which you have created.

If you say something is bad, you have to rely on your frame of reference. Say something is not bad, again you have to rely on your frame reference. Only way out of this contradiction is to collapse the dichotomy and see that bad does not exist.

The only way to operate effectively is by looking at what works in its context and what does not. In other words what “efficiency”.

Edited by Jacobsrw

20 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

There is nothing which is not in God's mind. How can God be unlimited and all-powerful yet overlook some occurance? You make a mockery of God by thinking this way.

You believe that God was the one who designed and caused every act of rape, murder, fornication, et cetera. And you think I am the one who is making mockery of God?

21 hours ago, jim123 said:

That's another bizarre teaching because virtually no-one just loves everything. Try to focus on loving everything when you see someone molesting little children. No-one is like that.

Imagine a world if more people did?

This is something that I and many other people here are practicing. I know this sounds absolutely crazy (yet another illusory category like good vs. evil), but bear with me. By loving hatred, evil, and violence, you do not support it or act it out. It is an acceptance that this is the way the world is, and it liberates you from inner resistance and turmoil. You are not aware yet how much hatred is built up in you simply from hating other things, even the things you believe are "evil." The Truth is that you are just hating part of Creation (Yes, God must be responsible for all of it), which means you cannot even love or accept yourself as part of that Creation. 

I believe if you try to quiet your mind and observe yourself, you could Intuit a little of what I'm talking about. So here is my challenge to you: Observe your conversations. Observe your interactions. Closely observe what you do behind closed doors. Closely observe your fear towards other groups of people. Closely observe your fear of yourself. If you are honest with yourself, there is an uneasiness, a resistance, a turmoil within, brewing just beneath the surface. And don't think you might be excluded here... EVERY person on Earth experiences this to varying degrees, yet most are either not conscious of it or won't admit it... So my challenge to you is to find and connect with it. Have a blessed day, my friend. 

"Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself." Do you see an "only if they're good..." clause? Did Jesus say "Only thy neighbor who follows the 10 commandments?"  Was Jesus not the embodiment of loving the entire world, even the thieves and scoundrels? Notice how put off you are by the notion of loving everything... And yet you call yourself a Christian. You've been cheated by your religion, by no fault of your own. (Yes, I'm writing the Truth here to rile you up, out of Love. I don't expect your understanding or love back, because I know how hard it must be to read this). God bless.

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

@jim123 I would say they can if used for the wrong reasons/unconsciously. Take the 1969 Tate-LaBianca murders, for example. The part of the Charles Manson's hippy commune who also used a wide variety of psychedelics and supposedly stood for love, peace, and the value of living authenticly went on to steal, plot, and commit serial killings. Those few were disconnected from their Green purpose and gave in to their demons. Subsequently marking the end of the 60s Make Love Not War movement as we know it.

@purerogue ❤️

@jim123 I understand your fears and concerns. I've been there, and the answer is that you won't know until you try. From your perspective, all of Leo's teachings seem demonic, that's quite normal. But since you're asking questions about God, then that means that you are already not convinced of the Christian faith, and that's why you're asking questions in the first place. It's helpful for you to be clear about that. If you are happy with and convinced of your beliefs, then ignore all other teachings and go on with your life. If you are skeptical and struggling to find the truth about Jesus and God, then keep asking questions with an open mind, don't trust any answers that come from outside of you, and acknowledge that you don't have the answers. Just keep Truth as your highest value, and you will be fine.

The choice is yours, nobody is trying to push their beliefs on you.

7 hours ago, tenta said:

The burden of proof is on you if you think that.

There is nothing to prove or disprove. Proof is within a relativistic, dualistic realm. That is, to prove a thing is a particular thing and not another thing.

God is infinite and unbounded. For that to be and for God to love itself it will not suppress anything. That includes all forms of suffering. That includes parts of itself which spits profanities and hates itself. 

The ego mechanism is designed in a way to avoid suffering where possible and overcome it when it happens. Of course you will demonize it. 

But to become more conscious of everything you must look beyond the judgments of ego. There just is. Being infinite has dramatic ramifications not many can accept. 

This does not mean to be complacent to suffering. As you become more conscious you will aim yourself to not demonize those who inflict it but understand those who do it and to accept their necessary existence right now and will align yourself to reduce it. If all is you then treat everything as you would yourself. 

The Bible has a lot of great teachings but you likely won't be able to grab them until you yourself become more conscious. I've went full circle believing in Christianity to hardcore atheism and now saying truth in both sides. 

Every teacher highlight certain aspects of the absolute. Usually those they see missing in people. We are great with dualism so no dualism is emphasized. We do fantastic with hate but not enough love. And so on. 

Whatever truth lies in the Bible you can find out yourself. Jesus found it. The Buddha found it and so did many other people. You can too. 

Psychedelics can do a lot. It will shove everything about yourself in your face and make you deal with it. If you do, you'll come out on the path of transformation. If you don't and resist it, well you can't. The inability to have control and insights that break your worldview or even just losing yourself to story upon story can lead to some negative effects. Take at your own risk. The detrimental ones are rare and even rough trips can give you a lesson. 

Of course don't take my word for it. You can figure this out on your own.