Aldo

Meditation vs cold showers

32 posts in this topic

When it comes to being present in the moment whitch is more effective meditation or cold showers?

Definitely cold showers if you only have 2 minutes haha . Although doing a cold shower without being mindful or in a meditative state is not pleasant. So I don't think you can really benefit from a cold shower if you're not meditative. Wim hof teaches this, good stuff, really like it. 

Okay so I’ve been doing cold showers for the last 30 days straight every morning and plan on continuing to do so. Cold showers I find are one of the most powerful ways to enhance your direction and attitude. I find cold showers reset the nervous system and rebalance the minds state. 

Creating a collapse of all things that may have happened over night or the previous days. It’s like they completely clean eliminate all that was. However, cold showers should be a conscious process. Cold showers should be done while directing body awareness throughout your body so total awareness and tension loss can unfold. I find them very beneficial. Best time is in the morning too. 

Where mediation is a slower entering of the present moment. It can take some time with mediation where cold showers are more instant.

Edited by Jacobsrw

1 hour ago, Neorez said:

Definitely cold showers if you only have 2 minutes haha . Although doing a cold shower without being mindful or in a meditative state is not pleasant. So I don't think you can really benefit from a cold shower if you're not meditative. Wim hof teaches this, good stuff, really like it. 

spartiate style always worked

Whatever you feel drawn to doing will be most effective. If both, great! 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

I find a nice warm bath with a dripping tap on in a darkened room with a candle more effective than a cold shower. 

@Aldo Cold showers are the bomb for resetting your mind quickly. Nothing else comes close (that isn't harmful, that is...). That being said, meditation has many other amazing benefits beyond "being in the moment," so you should really do both if you're serious about personal growth. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

Yea guys cold showers seem to have an instant impact but i feel they can be a way to escape the pain just like a drug.

@Aldo All practices are just trying to get you conscious of the present moment.

Cold showers, meditation, self-inquiry ie. All just direct your attention to different aspects of the Now

Don't get attached to the method, just focus on being conscious, actual, present.

@Aldo I have asked myself the same question many times lately

I have also been taking take showers every morning for the last 2 months. I am really happy about it...the discipline, the benefits... and I want to keep doing it...

...The issue is that, as a result of it, I have stopped meditating. In other words, cold showers have replaced by morning meditation practice. I feel I am getting similar benefits but I am not sure if I get the same long-term benefit you'd get by daily training your brain through meditation.

Does anybody meditate after taking a cold shower? So far, I don't feel like it. I feel very present after the shower but also I bit too euphoric for meditation...Does anybody have any experience of combining cold showers and meditation practices?

Thanks

18 minutes ago, games said:

...The issue is that, as a result of it, I have stopped meditating. In other words, cold showers have replaced by morning meditation practice. I feel I am getting similar benefits but I am not sure if I get the same long-term benefit you'd get by daily training your brain through meditation.

I don't think cold showers can replace meditation at all.

19 minutes ago, games said:

Does anybody meditate after taking a cold shower? So far, I don't feel like it. I feel very present after the shower but also I bit too euphoric for meditation...Does anybody have any experience of combining cold showers and meditation practices?

I always meditate after taking a cold shower. I get in a very relaxed state when i get under a thin bed sheet, which warms me up as i progress in my meditation session.

On 5/10/2019 at 8:25 PM, Aldo said:

When it comes to being present in the moment whitch is more effective meditation or cold showers?

For me cold bath, after breathing exercise. You can't be more present. :D

@Aldo Any technique can be used as an escape. People use meditation, yoga, psychedelics, spirituality as escapism. It’s not the tool that is the problem but the way in which you utilise it.

22 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

@Aldo Any technique can be used as an escape. People use meditation, yoga, psychedelics, spirituality as escapism. It’s not the tool that is the problem but the way in which you utilise it.

Well said dude! This goes for all activities in life! 

@Aldo Our gym has a hot sauna, so sometimes I would meditate in the 180 F sauna room. Makes a perfect 20 mins meditation session. Then I take a cold shower. It's hard not to be present when exposed to extreme temperatures like that.

50 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

escape from ?

8 minutes ago, Aeris said:

escape from ?

I assume escape from “what is” whether it be fear/identification w/ self/thoughts/ etc 

@AerisFrom their own inadequacies, fears, insecurities, egoic resistances and so forth. The very things they have yet to turn inward and explore.

Edited by Jacobsrw