Meditationdude

Video length

31 posts in this topic

I’ve been watching, listening and reading Leo for the past 3.5 years, never missed a video (I’ve seen every single one, and some 3-4 times) and have read tons of books on his reading lists, and done almost all the work (meditation, solo retreats, contemplation, shadow work, diet, exercise, yoga, shamanic breathing, etc..) 

But I just can’t keep up with his video content anymore. 2.5-3 hr videos on a topics that doesnt hold my attention and seems to just be redundant a lot of the time. Leo a year ago was on fire and I couldn’t wait till Sunday to get the newest episode. Now I don’t really even care. 

l’m pretty bummed out and I wish he’d see that we can’t grow as fast as him and I have no intention of doing DMT 13 days in a row to get there. He did warn us that he would outgrow us someday, so I guess I can’t be too bothered. 

I think I’m done and just gonna ride out my self actualization from here with the knowledge I have gained thus far. 

Still love the Leo, just over the videos. 

I guess you can watch them with rests? It takes me multiple days to watch one video nowadays xD And it is even better, because then you have time to contemplate and apply the insights.

youre missing out

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Rilles obviously I’m missing content. But am I really missing out? Is 6 hours of non duality talk really gonna stunt my development? Other people have been able to wake up without even knowing about Leo, so why can’t I? I have the skills and knowledge, and now I just need to practice diligently. 

id rather put that extra time into the work (meditation, reading, contemplating, etc.) instead of being bogged down by content. So maybe you’re the one missing out by listening and not putting in the 3-4 hours of personal development daily like I am. 

@bejapuskas I normally break it up as well, but I think the content itself is what’s turning me away. I’m a yellow/turquoise and I understand nonduality and have had multiple experiences with it (in meditation and psychedelics). It’s almost impossible to grasp with words, so I just don’t need 6 hrs of video to help me. Nor would it even if I didn’t understand non duality. If you want to understand it, do the work leo talks about constantly. It does nothing for you to simply listen to words about nonduality. Only creates more belief. 

The deeper Leo goes the longer videos become. We all hoped that one day Leo would just stay silent, naked, just smiling during the whole video, but it's not the case. It looks like he will never shut up.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

@Shiva thanks! I’m not going anywhere, I’m just done watching every single video. I feel my time is best used on the practice, not gathering content. 

@dimitri haha, right?!? Although I don’t think I’m ready to see him naked, I would like to see him stare into the camera for 3 hours. I might actually watch that lol. 

7 minutes ago, Meditationdude said:

@bejapuskas It does nothing for you to simply listen to words about nonduality. Only creates more belief. 

You are correct.

However for me personally, these videos have helped guide my contemplation and have created a conceptual reservoir of concepts that I can use to help me wrap my mind around my psychedlic experiences.

Just because these recent videos about duality do not resonate with you it doesn't mean that they are not important or useful.

At the end of the day you can do whatever you want but since you're so interested in reading, what's the difference between reading and listening to an audiobook or listening to Leo.

The content is often redundant for a reason...

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

You have to been the mood to watch the vids. If its not a topic I have zero clue about, I won't tune in.

If you grasp the basics, I don't think you need any further 'training' but more application. 

When I went to see Rupert Spira on Saturday night, I didn't learn anything I already didn't know; he just said the same things I've known in a different way. ITs like several people each describing the same tree differently.

8 minutes ago, Adam M said:

However for me personally, these videos have helped guide my contemplation and have created a conceptual reservoir of concepts that I can use to help me wrap my mind around my psychedlic experiences.

8 minutes ago, Angelo John Gage said:

When I went to see Rupert Spira on Saturday night, I didn't learn anything I already didn't know; he just said the same things I've known in a different way. ITs like several people each describing the same tree differently.

Yeh I also feel this.

@Adam M agreed. They can be useful in understanding high consciousness and non dual experiences. I definitely benefited from Leo’s mushroom videos when I was getting into psychedelics. Thing is, with no duality, all the understanding comes after. So I sit and meditate bc that’s what I’m after. 

Also, now that’s I’ve grown so much, I hate being on my phone. I prefer silence and listening to natural noise. All the low consciousness crap seemed to disappear out of my life. That’s why I don’t post a lot on here. 

1 hour ago, Meditationdude said:

He did warn us that he would outgrow us someday

He outgrew me from the beginning. What would it look like for him to outgrow us?

5 minutes ago, CreamCat said:

@Rilles I want to pet your shiba inu.

hhaha its not mine but yeah theyre the best doggos

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@CreamCat inability to resonate with the common man?

Or maybe he won’t completely outgrown us bc as long as he’s doing actualized.org it’s possible he may never fully awaken. 

@Leo Gura knows (but possibly hasn’t “learned”) that actualized.org is a major distraction for him. Imagine where he would be without any technology for years. 

Actually the quality of the videos got a lot better.

And I'm not merely talking about the content, that's a given of course.

I'm talking about body language, charisma, focus, presentation of content, the glare in Leo's eyes, the depth and variety of information, Leo is now very calm and grounded, Leo has stopped making offensive claims against science, his criticism of science has become clear, accurate, and stemming from love and acceptance.

Although I haven't finished the series yet because I am kind of busy, but I can clearly see the difference.

The length of the video isn't a nuisance by itself. The length of the video simply is. You being bummed out is a projection of your mind, you are creating suffering where there isn't.

I'm not blaming you, I'm in the same situation. Just sharing an insight that I got.

Breathing in, I calm my body.

Breathing out, I smile.