Inliytened1

Awakened or Not?

25 posts in this topic

This is going to open a can of worms.

But of course, as with ANYTHING it is completely relative.

When i had my mystical experiences and Being took me over..meaning the ego completely dissolved and i became pure consciousness, this came on in waves for about a week.

The first time it happened while meditating and after that well hell it fucking came on at will.  Not my will.

Weeks later as ego backlash kicked in i felt myself closing down to it.  

I was not on pyschedelics and i only bring that up because Leo's mystical experiences happened on psychedelics.

Now Leo claims he is not awakened so here is my question to him.

Leo if you truly had a mystical experience where you literally fucking became Being itself how can you say you are not awake?

Unless you're definition of awake is different than mine and you are referring to facets of awakening and you haven't become conscious of all the facets.

If that's the case then relative to your definition I'm not enlightened either.  But damn i fucking became God and felt Infinite intelligence and Infinite Love.  I felt like i uunderstood EVERYTHING during the experience.  

Guess what? As far as facets to become conscious of It's infinite so you never will get to the end.  That's not by accident.  That's a feature.

Therefore why do you say you are not awake or enlightened?

For many i think this may only happen once in a lifetime.  I believe for me in my own direct experience there was no such thing as a glimpse.  This was utterly TOTAL.

The facets are a bonus.

And if you say oh yeah you just haven't experienced all the facets that's fine but it doesn't mean you are not enlightened.  

I just think its misleading when you say you do not consider yourself awake unless it's out of humility.

Thoughts?

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

To me awakening means a permanent disidentification with form. An ever-present state of nondual awareness. That's not something I have yet.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

From my experience I believe to truly be in that state is to not be you (Leo) anymore.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

To me awakening means a permanent disidentification with form. An ever-present state of nondual awareness. That's not something I have yet.

what do i care about your shape said the light to the lamp.

the spotlight and the moodlight laughed.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, but in this quest, is it possible that that's... not what you want? Wouldn't permanent disidentification have some not so desirable side effects? Are you 100% sure you want to attain this level of consciousness? I guess I'm just curious if you have any misgivings about the territory you're headed for... Anyways, Godspeed, love ya Leo.   

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

1 hour ago, TheAvatarState said:

I guess I'm just curious if you have any misgivings about the territory you're headed for

I know that state well. There are no misgivings about being in it. It's is a state of total God-realization. You cannot want anything more.

Permanent dis-identification just equals permanent identification with God.

@Leo Gura What you speak of is Absolute/Enlightenment(so to speak).

Awakenings are stepping stones.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

I know that state well. There are no misgivings about being in it. It's is a state of total God-realization. You cannot want anything more.

According to many spiritual teachers, it's not a state.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin The stateless state.

I don’t think you nor even most people that just awaken understand how shallow awakening can be for most in an awakened state.

A drastic change from before? Sure. Dis identification on a conscious level? Sure. A newfound baseline, yep.

but

Do you have a long, long, long way to go? Even when you stabalize in non duality?  Definitely 

Do you have the same issues as normal people in a slightly different way? Yep. Can you still suffer? Immensely.

It might not appear like that to an awakened person but it’s just circumstance. If your mooji in a Portuguese resort. You won’t be bothered by anything. Nor will you think you can be, but haha not true.

The eradication of all subconscious ideation that remains upon permanent awakening is a long and arduous journey. One that most people don’t finish, because they trade nuance away and simply cling to their worlds. Halt its evolution.

@Leo Gura You are right there is nothing you could want more as a human being.  It's why we are doing this work.  And its why we continue to do this work.  

I do really commend those who have done and stuck to this work for decades and have not had a mystical experience yet.  If it had not happened to me so quickly coming from the Materialist Paradigm i dont know if i would have dedicated my life to this work.  As a materialist i needed to see scientific proof.

So i really do commend those of you who have been on this path for a long time and feel that they haven't seen results yet.  You are the true hero on the hero's journey.

But fear not it is VERY real.  You will get all the rewards and bliss just be patient.

Or per Leo take some 5-Meo lol.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

31 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Leo Gura You are right there is nothing you could want more as a human being.  It's why we are doing this work.  And its why we continue to do this work.  

How can one want a 'state' of no wants?

Hmm...I smell something fishy

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Be mindful of placing emphasis on a destination. One may also see the journey is the destination. A journey back home to here and now.

14 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

I felt like i uunderstood EVERYTHING during the experience. 

@Inliytened1 Exactly , you felt you understood , but you didn't .

7 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Leo Gura I like when you say things as if you are fully enlightened and really know and at the same time says you're not fully enlightened ...

21 minutes ago, tecladocasio said:

@Preetom hhahahha , good !

The only explanation is... that which wants the ''no wants" state, never reaches that 'state' ;)

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

16 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Just out of curiosity, have you noticed if this belief creates a, seeing now as no there yet did-ease I say this because What if ‘there’ was a 100% not going to happen, full stop.  Could you be fully here then?  Fully at peace with the knowledge you’ve gained.?  Because isn’t the truth not still the case despite its visual and experiential differences. 

Edited by Mu_

Don't try to school me please. Focus on your own work and I will focus on mine.