Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Swagala

Please Be Quiet - for your own good

20 posts in this topic

Please be quiet. When you get an insight, whether it be huge or small, try to keep it to yourself; it'll help with staying aware. Even right now, I can feel my sense of awareness fading away as I'm trying to convert this information from the infinite intelligence to the finite concept of words.

You don't need words- even the words that are in your thoughts. Seriously, you don't need words to comprehend anything. It only feels like you need to word out everything that's happening to make sense of it but consciousness is infinitely intelligent and words only limit it.

Have you ever had those moments when you're talking to "yourself" or someone else and you just stop halfway, even though you didn't finish your sentence, you still knew/understood what you were trying to say (or at least it felt like you knew/understood)? That's how it works, you didn't need those other words to understand what the infinite intelligence is "saying." It didn't even need the first half of the sentence. Insights are those instantaneous understandings from your infinite intelligence, words are a way to conceptualize them to make it "make sense" to others (and your ego).

The "ego" has a way of identifying itself onto everything and anything that's exposed to it. Whether it be your job, your interests, another person, your memories or whatever else you can come up with (literally anything else). You know what that means? It can attach/identify itself with the thoughts that pop-up or the words you say. So, try your damn hardest to not finish any sentence in your mind, better yet, don't even make a sound in your head.

This is also important, the ego can subtly disguise itself as the awareness. I've had this problem for the last few days and wondered why I didn't feel completely aware even though I was aware that I was thinking and talking. Those thoughts of "I'm aware," or "I'm thinking right now," or what have you is the ego. ANY thought, ANY thought is egoic. Be aware of the ego identifying itself as awareness; the ego taking credit for awareness. Be aware without words. Words are concepts and we're trying to avoid concepts; only experience is real. Even images in your head, those are concepts; just be aware that anything that pop-up in your mind are all concepts. 

Learn to have faith in your experiences/insights. Most of the time, when we share our insights or experiences, that's the ego wanting validation or attention. When you do that, you're feeding the ego; that's another win for the ego.

Ego points = +1

Edited by Swagala
Ego

I got nothing.

@Swagala ?

It's absurd!

You sit down for hours trying to explain and express what you experience in words, and you keep failing everytime.

I guess this is the most accurate description of reality is that it's completely indescribable, and not at all fathomable!

Damn the map, just give me the territory!

Edited by Truth Addict

5 hours ago, Swagala said:

Even right now, I can feel my sense of awareness fading away as I'm trying to convert this information from the infinite intelligence to the finite concept of words.

HAHAHA! A little arrogance, don't you think? 

5 hours ago, Swagala said:

Most of the time, when we share our insights or experiences, that's the ego wanting validation or attention.

Does that include your post? 

You could have summed all this mental masturbation with, "The tao that can be told is not the eternal tao." 

For a person who advocates "being quiet" and "words are limited", you sure used a lot of words... 

@Swagala this is definitely true i notice the more in tune you are with infinite intelligence the more you will just understand something as isness or being rather than putting it into words.  This happens to be all the time.  I used to think it was a bad thing but now i realize it is a good thing and it is aligned with spirituality and infinite intelligence.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Swagala Excellent. The repetitions unravel. For some folks, that means some suppressed stuff is going to bubble up. Stomach breathing attention really shines there.  But, yes. Letting every mental occurrence go, the eggs are surrendered for being the goose.  Paradoxically, I’d love to hear more from you as you go deeper with this. You are right on. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Gabriel Antonio

Yes, I was aware of the Irony of it when I thought of sharing this insight. And the Irony of that thought.

And "Well yes, but actually no" I could have used less words. But trying to express an insight from the "infinite intelligence" would, in a sense, require more words to express it thoroughly to others. My point was to warn of the "dangers" of falsely needing to use words to understand insights from the infinite intelligence (although I do admit that my first paragraph is somewhat off from what I try to convey for the rest of the explanation). I understood the "danger" I placed upon myself when I thought of sharing it.

dsmGaKWMeHXe9QuJtq_ys30PNfTGnMsRuHuo_MUzGCg.jpg

Edited by Swagala
Ego

I got nothing.

@Swagala Do you realize that you sound “neo-religious”?

Thats is, instead of God, you use Infinite Inteligence. And instead of Devil, you use the word ego.

Have you been taking psychedelics?

@Gabriel Antonio

I like to use infinite intelligence because i think it's more specific than consciousness or God for what I was trying to express.

And unfortunately, I have not been taking psychedelics. I don't know where to get that type of stuff because of where I'm from and since I don't think it's necessary right now, I don't have the want to get some. 

I got nothing.

I agree OP. If you don't claim ownership of your experiences, then the ego can't take ownership of your experiences. You have to claim ownership to express the experience. Otherwise who did the experience occur to therefore did the experience happen if there was no one for it to happen to?

However I find it works in cycles. I will have a few weeks of hard internal work then a few weeks "off" and in that downtime I find talking about the experiences on a place like this helps to organize them and settle the mind.

@Swagala

@Gabriel Antonio it is not neo religious it is non duality advaitha.

Sat chit Ananda Existence consciousness Infinity.

Edited by Jkris
Added

5 minutes ago, thesmileyone said:

However I find it works in cycles. I will have a few weeks of hard internal work then a few weeks "off" and in that downtime I find talking about the experiences on a place like this helps to organize them and settle the mind.

Thanks for this input. I can definitely remember times when I unknowngly "cycled." Now I'm aware ?

I got nothing.

@Swagala I appreciete you taking the time to write this. You can't share your realizations with others. They will only have a mental model of the realization which are quite useless to be honest. :)

Puts stuff into words is part of the larger process of realizing it can't be put into words.

Sometimes you gotta try the impossible to learn that it is impossible. And sometimes the impossible becomes possible too.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

For millions of years mankind lived just like the animals
Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination
We learned to talk

There's a silence surrounding me
I can't seem to think straight
I'll sit in the corner
No one can bother me
I think I should speak now
I can't seem to speak now
My words won't come out right
I feel like I'm drowning
I'm feeling weak now
But I can't show my weakness
I sometimes wonder
Where do we go from here

It doesn't have to be like this
All we need to do is make sure we keep talking

Why won't you talk to me
You never talk to me
What are you thinking
What are you feeling
Why won't you talk to me
You never talk to me
What are you thinking 
Where do we go from here

It doesn't have to be like this
All we need to do is make sure we keep talking

Why won't you talk to me
You never talk to me
What are you thinking
What are you feeling
Why won't you talk to me
You never talk to me
What are you thinking
What are you feeling

I feel like I'm drowning
You know I can't breathe now
We're going nowhere
We're going nowhere

The kingdom of heaven is within.

@Swagala Just a word of caution, of course feel free to disregard, but careful with building an inner world. It can take a lot of undoing to ‘bring it to the outer world’ later down the path. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

On 4/11/2019 at 11:48 PM, Leo Gura said:

Puts stuff into words is part of the larger process of realizing it can't be put into words.

Sometimes you gotta try the impossible to learn that it is impossible. And sometimes the impossible becomes possible too.

Is this true? Or is this an excuse for thinking about everything? :)

@Nahm

That's funny. Maybe a day (give or take) later of this post, I had a crisis. I realized how I've been collecting these ideas of how the world is like and what God is like from all the spiritual things I've read and watched. I felt like all the things I've "learned" about God have been all but a waste because it's just been speculations and from other people's experiences. I couldn't help but laugh very hard out of confusion or maybe being lost. I felt depressed but also relieved from the fact that I was able to catch this.

Edited by Swagala

I got nothing.