andyjohnsonman

The number one most important thing for living a happy life

24 posts in this topic

If you could only choose one thing for living a happy and fulfilled life what would it be and why? 

Happiness = Surrendering (full acceptance)+ Ignorance (not-knowing)

What is the other thing there is? :D Probably living a selfless life.

There is no "happy" life. There is only acceptance. Maybe "peaceful" would be a better word. 

Presence. In a moment of absolute awareness, there is no happiness. And no sorrow.

When there is no enemy inside, there no enemy outside that can hurt you.

Look within...

Fulasnitamnian Awareness 

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

My one thing would be to always have a positive attitude towards life. With that I can overcome anything and everything that comes my way.

@andyjohnsonman continously letting go of wanting to change anything and remaining in an inner silence while going about life. Leads to great joy and things get better and better and better?

Happiness is an illusion, but as with any perspective, you can live within it, it can be real to you, you can choose to be it, and to your ego it is reality. To be outside of perspective is to be non-dual. The line of reality is what's real to the ego and what's real in a non-dual sense. 

nice comments. I think if i could only choose one it would be balance as there are many faces to living the good life (health, being present, letting go, healthy relationships, life purpose etc) and being able to balance all of these is extremely important.

12 hours ago, Jarrad said:

Happiness is an illusion, but as with any perspective, you can live within it, it can be real to you, you can choose to be it, and to your ego it is reality. To be outside of perspective is to be non-dual. The line of reality is what's real to the ego and what's real in a non-dual sense. 

This non-duality is not what ordinary human beings experience 99.99% of the time.

Of course, happiness is just a perspective, but it's way better perspective than suffering.

Maybe we're all God, but we're also human beings with egos and perspectives.

We're either happy or suffering.

Edited by Truth Addict

@Arcangelo :)) :)) :)) I thought so :)) but money may not bring peace joy.But money is essential.