Joker_Theory

Why become enlightened while living?

55 posts in this topic

Hi there

I am new to the site even though i have been listening to Leo for a year or so and only thought of it now to come to the site. Glad i did and hope to have some insights and maybe become enlightened one day.

I don't understand the point to become enlightened while living if one day we die and become enlightened anyway if that is the truth, i don't know. I am 40 years old and only started to understand life and reality now. Probably not even 3% of what reality really is but i get the drift.  ;) Anyway my question is why live a life like i did that for 40 years. I was totally in the dark and it feels so pointless why i even lived if i am only going to be enlightened if i even will become in like 5-40 years if i get to be 80 years old.

What is the point of living a life if  MAYBE a person will become awaken or enlightened??

"Your the left eye and i am the right would it not be madness to fight, WE COME ONE." - Faithless

@Joker_Theory This kind of thinking would be stupid according to two different paradigms. If physical death is the end of experience, you'll never be enlightened. If rebirth is a thing as many traditions claim, you'll just be reborn and continue on in samsara.

This video really helped me to understand this topic more clearly, hope it is useful for you as well :) 

Ok so I can't confirm this, but this is how I understood and make sense of it.

If you die now, you will awaken, but just like you become lucid in a dream, if you die, then it's the end of that dream.
You might also reincarnate in a parallel universe, to continue the work of this particular experience.
If you die and not go into a parallel universe, you will just experience an another dream, consciously or not, there is no guarantee (just like there is no guarantee to become lucid in your next dream).
The point is to become lucid in that dream before you die, so you can enjoy it to its fullest.

Now some enlightened people say they will never be sucked into an inconscious lifeform again, and will stay awaken for eternity, experiencing whatever they will experience.
That might be true, but notice the people who says that are alive xD

The only being who could say this and be sure about it would be people who reincarnated and stayed awake from birth.
The thing is, even if it is true, there is no way to know until you awaken yourself, it would always stays as a belief.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

3 hours ago, Joker_Theory said:

Hi there

I am new to the site even though i have been listening to Leo for a year or so and only thought of it now to come to the site. Glad i did and hope to have some insights and maybe become enlightened one day.

I don't understand the point to become enlightened while living if one day we die and become enlightened anyway if that is the truth, i don't know. I am 40 years old and only started to understand life and reality now. Probably not even 3% of what reality really is but i get the drift.  ;) Anyway my question is why live a life like i did that for 40 years. I was totally in the dark and it feels so pointless why i even lived if i am only going to be enlightened if i even will become in like 5-40 years if i get to be 80 years old.

What is the point of living a life if  MAYBE a person will become awaken or enlightened??

you rather live with or without suffering ?

If you rather suffer forget about awakening and enjoy !!!!!

Edited by Dumb Enlightened

Being enlightened or even having some "glimpses" make you live life from a very different perspective, calm of mind, acceptance, fearless. This way you welcome death without regret and positively because you understood the big picture.

@Joker_Theory

Lao Tzu didnt bother with Enlightenment. He would find the idea laughable. 

For Lao Tzu, being ordinary and tending to day to day things was beyond enough to feel satisfied.

He was not ambitious at all.

If you can grasp this quality enjoyment of life in the ordinary, then to me that is beyond enough. Why bother with Enlightenment at that stage, you ask a relevant question.

If you are apathetic about Enlightenment and the pusuit of it, you are doing well.

If one has ambition for Enlightenment they are in the wrong place.

So to me when I read your question, I actually think you're on the right path. If it happens, cool. If not, who cares, Ill come back another lifetime. 

Until then, I have a load of washing to tend to and I need to mop the floors.

oh thank you for posting this Eckart Tolle quote , I have been searching for the truth for many years now but i never knew that we do not become enlightened after death , but then what does happen?

do we just realize that 'Oh now I get it, this is what happens when we leave our body behind"

Leo talks about that when you die you realize God and that you become enlightened or that is what i understood, maybe i was wrong. So you guy's believe we can reincarnate?

"Your the left eye and i am the right would it not be madness to fight, WE COME ONE." - Faithless

1 hour ago, Joker_Theory said:

Leo talks about that when you die you realize God and that you become enlightened or that is what i understood, maybe i was wrong. So you guy's believe we can reincarnate?

@Joker_Theory  It is not literal, you could also say that you cease to exist, vanish, disappear or whatever... You can come back.

14 hours ago, Joker_Theory said:

Hi there

Welcome to the forum!

Now. Not one day. That’s a trick of the mind. There’s only now, you. There is no physical you living days. That is delusion. 

I don't understand the point to become enlightened while living if one day we die (delusion / not actually true)

and become enlightened anyway if that is the truth, i don't know.(do you want to know?)

I am 40 years old and only started to understand life and reality now. (Ha)

Probably not even 3% of what reality really is but i get the drift.  ;) (Ha!)

Anyway my question is why live a life like i did that for 40 years. (Because you’re infinite, so it doesn’t matter at all)

I was totally in the dark and it feels so pointless why i even lived if i am only going to be enlightened if i even will become in like 5-40 years if i get to be 80 years old. (Delusion man. Only now)

What is the point of living a life if  MAYBE a person will become awaken or enlightened?? It has always been 100% up to you, and it is right now. What is “Maybe”?  What is “a person”? If I was you, and I am, I’d start looking into these basic things today. 

He’s not talking about your idea of death & your idea of you. That confusion arises because you think you are an idea, a ‘cluster’ of thoughts. That dies. You, actual you (not the idea in your mind “you”), can not reincarnate, you are already all that is. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

6 hours ago, bejapuskas said:

@Joker_Theory  It is not literal, you could also say that you ... You can come back.

I don't know why i said we reincarnate as i know what Leo said and if a person believes in non-duality or oneness you cant believe in reincarnation as you reincarnating. I guess my ego was hoping i got it wrong :)

Also, i get what Leo says about the ego and that is will die or cease to exist, vanish, disappear or whatever... I just don't get what exactly what is left over and what that is exactly. If this body goes with the ideas of me what is left, like no body, no mind? What happens to this consciousness i have now?

6 hours ago, Nahm said:

He’s not talking about your idea of death & your idea of you. That confusion arises because you think you are an idea, a ‘cluster’ of thoughts. That dies. You, actual you (not the idea in your mind “you”), can not reincarnate, you are already all that is. 

"Now. Not one day. That’s a trick of the mind. There’s only now, you. There is no physical you living days. That is delusion. 

I don't understand the point to become enlightened while living if one day we die (delusion / not actually true)

and become enlightened anyway if that is the truth, i don't know.(do you want to know?)"

Wow thanks for your reply and yes i would love to know. Also Could you explain what you mean by there is only now like explain the illusion please??

Thanks

Edited by Joker_Theory

Also, i get what Leo says about the ego and that is will die or cease to exist, vanish, disappear or whatever... I just don't get what exactly what is left over and what that is exactly. If this body goes with the ideas of me what is left, like no body, no mind? What happens to this consciousness i have now?

You’ve likely already had glimpses of direct experience into this. 

Imagine a time you were awestruck by something beautiful. Something like viewing the Grand Canyon for the first time. Awareness is present, yet there is no “you”. There is simply grandeur, beauty. Then the self “snaps back” into itself and is like “whoa, what just happened?” Normally, a self blows it off. 

Another example is a moment of love with a person or animal in which the self dissolves and there is simply love. The self melts and there is one love. Then the self snaps back and may try to interpret it. It may grasp at it or push it away. Without the self dynamic, what is there?

One’s own direct experience is a powerful teacher and a really important component of understanding. Humans often assume understanding is to be found through the intellect and outside teachings and they unfortunately disregard the deep teachings revealed through their own direct experience. 

When the mind-body has direct experience into this, the relationship with the mind-body will transform. 

@Joker_Theory "Why become enlightened while living?"

Because many of us want to really live, not only survive. Yeah, the dormant are not living, they are only surviving and feeling lonely. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

15 hours ago, bejapuskas said:

@Joker_Theory  Why play a video game for a year, when you can just cheat a little and finish it in one day?

Lul

Just watch then end on youtube, then complain about the game being bad on the forum,

Lul

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them