Cortex

And Once You Awake You Should Remain Awake Eternally

140 posts in this topic

Just as the Leo said - Infinity is the infinite shapeshifter 

Exactly, drop that, forget about that emptiness and pick some form to play 

1 hour ago, cetus56 said:

Maybe you take it too literally? 

Besides, if your part of the dream who is there to be "punished"? The only exception would be when the dream starts to believe it's real and takes on a life of it's own. Then it often punishes itself (suffers) because it is detached from God.

But maybe that's just me being one of Gods infinite dreams.:)

Isn't all of this just another belief? Maybe you've experienced it, and I haven't yet.

How exactly telling me that is going to change anything?

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

....with thoughts?

First, forgive yourself for having been undisciplined your entire life.

Then redirect the thinking into a feverish stream of inquiry and actually do the work; inspect your own direct experience of your birth, and of death. Investigate your own direct experience of being not alive; which is being used as the basis to believe “alive”.  

I’d suggest doing this right away, and until you fully realize that birth & death was always just a belief, that you perpetuated, now..

I am trying, and I was faced earlier today with a strong fear and I inquired a lot.

But I also noticed how much my mind went out of control, usually I could stop thinking about other stuff, but it was a huge life-shifting event and I wasn't prepared enough, maybe because I don't face too many dangerous situations.

I tried to stay present and look at what is right now, it didn't work. Thoughts kept coming.

I took deep breaths, and thoughts started to calm down but didn't go away, so I did one minute of holotropic breathing, which was the most effective. I felt relieved and it mostly went away, I accepted reality.

The feeling was somewhere in my belly or lower chest, but now it's gone, and I'm back to normal which is bliss most of the time.

Any advice on there?

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

...“Used to believe in”?

I'm still searching for an explanation of this specific experience I'm having, and the spiritual path gives more stories, so both sides are stories, but yet, the materialist paradigm helps me with survival, while the spiritual paradigm helps me with emotions.

(this was a brief of the stream of thoughts I encountered earlier this day).

I've already realised that the present moment is all that there is, but still, it's like a surface level realisation, not all the way through, but I'm working.

Here You'll die, that's for sure, cause of obserwation. But did you ever obserwed whether the awareness die?

Edited by tedens

That's right, hyper awareness can make you very present and you can drop all of your ideas about emptiness then 

That's where adrenaline is usefull

3 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

I am trying, and I was faced earlier today with a strong fear and I inquired a lot.

Might just be phrasing, but it reads as if the fear was a second entity other than you which was “faced”. Perhaps you think of fear that way? To some degree?  If so, try to notice “fear” is really sensation - which can be looked at, understood, and addressed. Go to sensations, and emotions, learn from them (as apposed to thinking about some person, or circumstance, or possible outcome, or beating up on yourself). The body is Infinite Intelligence, don’t get in it’s way - learn from it, listen to it, be it’s respectful agreeable student. 

“Be friends with it” - Ron Burgundy. 

But I also noticed how much my mind went out of control, usually I could stop thinking about other stuff, but it was a huge life-shifting event and I wasn't prepared enough, maybe because I don't face too many dangerous situations.

Just notice the states change - in realizing the states come and go, You simultaneously realize there is awareness of states, which does not come and go. The awareness which does not come and go is only present NOW.        “Life shifting” denotes “leaving” now, and going into thoughts / abstraction about some large chunk of time ...but NOW...everything is fine.  Don’t resist any state “rides”. Relax....ride... they all pass anyways. Learn from em while you got em. Look to understand them. When thoroughly understood and befriended - no problems. Reactions become less and less, until you start noticing..”hey - wow - I used to react to that!”.

I tried to stay present and look at what is right now, it didn't work. Thoughts kept coming.

I know what you mean, but, ....It did “work”, you were never not present, and sometimes ‘thoughts keep coming’ is, what is. And that’s fine of course, because it is what is! :)    Because you are mentioning it now, I can deduce, you were present for it. You are taking credit away from yourself and I think that’s flying under the radar. Keep an eye out for it, and replace it with “I’m doing my best, and that has to always be enough”. 

Don’t try to stop thoughts, don’t make it a goal or anything. Awareness is enough. Just catch the believing of the thoughts, and let them be thoughts. You just simply keep being what is aware of them. Again, notice the thoughts come & go - the awareness is always present, always unphased. How do you even know the experience of highs and lows - because awareness always remains awareness, unaffected & at peace. All ‘things’ happen within unchanging ever-present, peace. All sound happens within silence. 

I took deep breaths, and thoughts started to calm down but didn't go away, so I did one minute of holotropic breathing, which was the most effective. I felt relieved and it mostly went away, I accepted reality.

Right on. The breath is the direct “link” to NOW. The breath is NOW itself - one and the same. Super convenient that if you’re “alive” you’re breathing...suspicious, no? “

You are literally breathing You. Maybe google ‘air’ and ‘human body’ until you get to the bottom of any remaining delusions of separation. 

The feeling was somewhere in my belly or lower chest, but now it's gone, and I'm back to normal which is bliss most of the time.

Use the eyes as the “level” point; simpler chronic thoughts against the self are experienced above the eyes, as headaches, migraines, etc. Deeper chronic thoughts against the self are experienced below the eyes... angst, regret, or anger at self is usually felt in the chest. Shaming, or guilting the self is “deeper” and “lower”, usually felt in the stomach. 

Any advice on there?

You’re doing your best man, like ‘everyone else’. Be sure to regard yourself at least as good as you’d treat a friend. 

1 hour ago, Truth Addict said:

I'm still searching for an explanation of this specific experience I'm having, and the spiritual path gives more stories, so both sides are stories, but yet, the materialist paradigm helps me with survival, while the spiritual paradigm helps me with emotions.

What is aware of different paradigms, must be that which remains unchanged by paradigms.

(this was a brief of the stream of thoughts I encountered earlier this day).

I've already realised that the present moment is all that there is, but still, it's like a surface level realisation, not all the way through, but I'm working.

Have you realized that you are the present moment...? Have “you” ever been “outside of”, or “other than” this present moment? The present is always present lol! Things, states, etc, come and go - within the present moment.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

No the Buddha said that all things are in constant change.

Edited by AstralProjection

5 hours ago, Cortex said:

Exactly, drop that, forget about that emptiness and pick some form to play 

I don't know why picking some form to play has anything to do with it.  Who is picking such a form?  And being is not something you do, it's just being.  Being is not you.  You are the Ego-Mind.  I think it's the Advaitists who want to define being as me.  I think that's a step too far.  That's a belief.  Being is just being.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.  Good discussion guys.  We can do this respectfully.  I think the key difference is I don't define being as me.  I don't say I am "consciousness" or I am God either.  That stuff to me is just a belief laid up on top of being.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

4 hours ago, who chit said:

Be nothing, then drop that.

Bingo!  This is close to what I loosely "believe".  Being doesn't require any thought to be.  Nada!  Your belief that you're God or what have you is laid on top of being.  That's a thought that the Ego-Mind is clinging to on top of being.  "I am God" is a belief, a thought, talk, blah blah blah, or what we call chin-wagging.  Being doesn't care about chin-wagging or metaphysics or defining yourself in any which way your Mind fantasizes "you" to be.  "You" is a thought that's laid up on top of being.  Being doesn't need a "you", see.  Once you transcend the Mind you can see this.  ;)

Edited by Joseph Maynor

9 hours ago, FoxFoxFox said:

Yes. The point is not to attain immortality through enlightenment. That is one of ego's clever little tricks to hide itself. The point rather, is to die well. Ironically, embracing your death has a much higher chance of resulting in ultimate liberation - but here language really fails at conveying the point. 

I appreciate this post too.  Very well said.  Does being say it wants immortality?  Does being say it's you or that it's immortal?  No, those are thoughts that the Ego-Mind is clinging to on top of being.  The Ego is what doesn't want to die.  And the Mind as agent of the Ego will rationalize a gaggle of metaphysics to itself to try to assuage that fear.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

17 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Bingo!  This is close to what I loosely "believe".  Being doesn't require any thought to be.  Nada!  Your belief that you're God or what have you is laid on top of being.  That's a thought that the Ego-Mind is clinging to on top of being.  "I am God" is a belief, a thought, talk, blah blah blah, or what we call chin-wagging.  Being doesn't care about chin-wagging or metaphysics or defining yourself in any which way your Mind fantasizes "you" to be.  "You" is a thought that's laid up on top of being.  Being doesn't need a "you", see.  Once you transcend the Mind you can see this.  ;)

Yeah,that's the inference. After a certain point one can get to a place of "nothing", it can be negated or dropped, and what's left is 
Self, isness, pure awareness, Brahman, Being or Being-ness etc.,

Best to just leave it as the unnamable.

8 minutes ago, who chit said:

Yeah,that's the inference. After a certain point one can get to a place of "nothing", it can be negated or dropped, and what's left is 
Self, isness, pure awareness, Brahman, Being or Being-ness etc.,

Best to just leave it as the unnamable.

Exactly.  That's where my Path is headed.  Emptiness.  You can loosely think of being as "emptiness" without any thought-story caveats.  People want to define being and that's just food for the Ego-Mind.  That keeps you chained to the Ego-Mind.  The whole idea of Enlightenment is to locate being (emptiness) and to transcend the Ego-Mind.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

6 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

The whole idea of Enlightenment is to locate being (emptiness) and to transcend the Ego-Mind.

No my friend, emptiness shows you and makes you conscious that there is no self. That there is no seperate ‘’Me’’. No self and no ‘’Me’’. That’s at least my experience being immersed in emptiness for about 1 year. Your experience with it may be different due, we are all unuqiue and that’s cool. 

I like and respect that you want to transcend the ego-mind. That Is hard work but once illusion is seen trough, it dies.

btw you are not just emptiness, you are GOD and emptiness is an aspect of God, or you can say it’s His true nature. Being totally empty and formless.

The construct (ego-mind) is always looking for some-thing,or point of reference it can attach to .
Leave "no place in which to rest, no stable ground to stand on."  Neti,Neti: Not this, Not that 

5 minutes ago, who chit said:

The construct (ego-mind) is always looking for some-thing,or point of reference it can attach to .
Leave "no place in which to rest, no stable ground to stand on."  Neti,Neti: Not this, Not that 

Indeed, but with enough neti neti you will become conscious of that which you are and That which you cannot say is not that. Neti neti is just a practice to eventually make you conscious of that which you truly are: God.

how can you stay awake when your eyes are closing every couple seconds and you fall asleep again?

how can you die if you‘ve never really been alive? how can anybody die completely? when is the moment of death? when all traces are scattered? or when your heart stops to bump? in who‘s experience will you die? will you live on in another being? and if are we not all one and the same being that lives on in us?

Edited by now is forever

7 minutes ago, now is forever said:

how can you stay awake when your eyes are closing every couple seconds and you fall asleep again?

how can you die if you‘ve never really been alive? how can anybody die completely? when is the moment of death? when all traces are scattered? or when your heart stops to bump? in who‘s experience will you die?

Death is concept, a human invention and imagination. The word has a bad reputation because most humans think they  are the body and brain. This is an illusion, a lie and delusion. NON-existence is also imagination. You are eternal and thus immortal.

Can you become aware or conscious from your direct experience that you have only always existed forever and is doing it right now? That you never were born or had any begginning to your existence whatsoever?