UDT

All theory is trap

22 posts in this topic

As the title points out, ALL theory is a trap. It is not actuality, its an escape. Its "Valuetainment". Its procastination. 

Imagine you are scared of playing soccer. Now what you do? You start investigating the field, study tactics on how to win, and study all your opponents and their history, what is their strong foot, in which corner to they aim most likely and so on.

But have you actually played? 

No. You pet yourself on the head for being such an eager student of the material though. Unfortunately though (if youre name is not Leo Gura and your business is talking about what you´ve learned), then its USELESS. Noone is going to respect you for your knowledge. A leader is respected for the results he generates.

When you start playing you´ll discover how hard it actually is. How many variables, how much chance and luck, how many barriers, how enslaved you are. And then it starts.

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

@UDT Be aware of the mind’s tendency to go from one extreme to another. A mind that is grasping at theory may realize limits of theory and flip to the opposite view that theory is bad and may try to push it away.

It's a trap if you trap yourself with it.

Like everything else in life.

All up to you.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

I´m not saying theory is bad or not worth of studying, no in fact it is absolutely needed to actualize yourself. Why? Because society is so largely dysfunctional that humans growing up in it are largely dysfunctional.
But then how can you live and theorize about living at the same time? There is only one. Once you´ve come to a certain point, that´s my believe, you will transcend all theory and bite the bullet of reality and just let loose and go.

@UDT Direct experience, beingness and theory are inter-related. Yet, many minds become off-balance toward theory at the expense of direct experience and being.

44 minutes ago, UDT said:

I´m not saying theory is bad or not worth of studying, no in fact it is absolutely needed to actualize yourself. Why? Because society is so largely dysfunctional that humans growing up in it are largely dysfunctional.
But then how can you live and theorize about living at the same time? There is only one. Once you´ve come to a certain point, that´s my believe, you will transcend all theory and bite the bullet of reality and just let loose and go.

Unless you like to waste time, you'll learn the concepts and apply them in real life experience, like anybody else.

If you think you're gonna be omniscient by awakening, and never have to learn anything, you're kidding yourself xD 

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Theory is for the first part of the Path.  The second part of the Path is where you're not obsessed with theory.  You gotta lure the Ego-Mind onto the Path with theory, because that's what the Ego-Mind understands.  But if you're clinging to theory, that can develop into a trap because being doesn't give a squat about theory.  It's the Ego-Mind that is obsessed with being right or possessing the one right truth.  Being doesn't care what theory the Ego-Mind clings to.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Lack of theory is also a trap.

The opposite of a trap, is another trap.

I see so many Zen devils around due to poor or insufficient theory. And of course the first thing those devils do is dismiss the value of reading or theory. How convenient for a devil to not have to read about his own devilry on the pretense that he is "too woke" to read books.

Lol! It's absurd!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Use a specific theory as a means to transcend that theory.

Its like transcending the ego, you may now have the perspective of no-ego but you still retain the perspective of ego.

One of my most important videos.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

This thread is a trap

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This video is definitely in my top 5 of your videos in terms of the influence it had on me over the long term.  It would be interesting to see how you think this video and your God videos relate.  How does your God theory aid practice?  How does practice aid your God theory?  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Trap is whatever you turn into a trap

"Don't get stuck on the level of words. A word is no more than a means to an end. It's an abstraction. Not unlike a signpost, it points beyond itself." - The Power of Now, page 90

On 2/23/2019 at 1:23 AM, Leo Gura said:

Great video, watched it again and I see what you mean. 
To stick to the metaphor of the scale from the video.

You begin the theory with a lot of theory and less practice and should end the journey with a lot of practice and no more theory. 

I think of theory as a library in your mind. It's pointless to read the books because you already know what's inside them. And the only way to add books to your library is by doing things that you've never done before.

Black is white. Down is up. Bad is good. -Eric Tarpall

Imagine trying to do math without any starting theory lol 

using this platform would be impossible without theory

unborn Truth