noselfnofun

MDMA and Enlightenment

32 posts in this topic

I remember years ago when I was 16 I tried MDMA for the first time and was mind blown, without me knowing I think this deep down set me on the path as someone seeking enlightenment. Can anyone else see the similarities between the feeling you have on MDMA and Enlightenment? I know MDMA is more of a high feeling but you just love everything for the first time in your life. I have never taken it since and don't feel the need to but will never forget it. 

I re edited a scene from Human Traffic where the guy was talking about MDMA, just really reminded me of how someone might describe enlightenment. 

Yeah MDMA is amazing and I'll never forget what that was like either. It introduced unconditional love to me. IMO, everyone should try it at least once in their lifetime.

I have experimented with it in high doses and have had extraordinary experiences. The sense of love and mystical profundity during the peak is surreal. You have to be careful using it though. It really taxes your serotogenic system. And if you take it too frequently or dose too much, it loses it's "magic" after repeated use.

There was even a moment where I experienced ego death on it. I wrote about that in this post:

Edited by Maya_0

@Maya_0 MDMA is not a psychedelic. if we call it a psychedelic we may as well say that Mephedrone is a psychedelic. MDMA is also neurotoxic and psychedelics are not.

MDMA is an amazing substance but after about 15 times it lost its magic for me.

MDMA high is much closer to high Samatha stages and being good at loving-kindness meditation than enlightenment.

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

37 minutes ago, Enlightenment said:

@Enlightenment 15 times in what span of time? I wouldn't recommend taking MDMA more than once or twice a year.

@nightrider1435 4-5 years

-- Kenneth Folk

44 minutes ago, Enlightenment said:

@Maya_0 MDMA is not a psychedelic. if we call it a psychedelic we may as well say that Mephedrone is a psychedelic. MDMA is also neurotoxic and psychedelics are not.

MDMA high is much closer to high Samatha stages and being good at loving-kindness meditation than enlightenment.

Yes its more that feeling you get after metta meditation, its funny it isn't classed a psychedelic but definitely has psychedelic effects. Have you ever practiced Jhana meditation, that is also very similar 

1 hour ago, Enlightenment said:

MDMA is also neurotoxic

It doesn't seem like there is a consensus on that. In terms of research, studies showing neurotoxicity in rats and primates were using high doses about 10X the standard human dose, the roa was injection and the frequencey of administration was around 200X the frequency of normal human use. There is debate on how relevant those regimes and results are.  But yea, if a human took 10X the normal mdma dose via injection twice a day, everyday, for a month - I wouldn’t be surprised to see neurotoxicity. 

oh yeah, definitely. I'll always remember my first experience. everything clicked into place. I felt like every molecule was exactly where it should be, I felt pure awe, looking at every atom of existence like it was utter perfection.

ever since the first time it always gets me in touch with my emotions, I can speak freely from my heart as if my heart chakra completely burst open. I feel unconditional love and a warmth almost impossible to describe. it practically shows me how deep love can go <3

whatever arises, love that

7 minutes ago, phoenix666 said:

oh yeah, definitely. I'll always remember my first experience. everything clicked into place. I felt like every molecule was exactly where it should be, I felt pure awe, looking at every atom of existence like it was utter perfection.

ever since the first time it always gets me in touch with my emotions, I can speak freely from my heart as if my heart chakra completely burst open. I feel unconditional love and a warmth almost impossible to describe. it practically shows me how deep love can go <3

Yeah amazing, do you think its possible to live in a place similar to that when you advance on the spiritual path? I know it's not a good idea to start fantasising about it but it is very interesting to even imagine a life like that. The world just needs more love 

1 hour ago, noselfnofun said:

Have you ever practiced Jhana meditation, that is also very similar 

Yes, rapture and bliss in Jhana is comparable.

@Serotoninluv

My first ~10 MDMA trips had incredible magic and love to them and didn't cause any comedown the next day at all, in fact, I've always had a good afterglow for some time after. The last few times when I took it, there was no magic, little to no increase in empathy, two days of low mood afterward and this was after taking over 8 months break so I see no point to take it anymore. I think neurotoxicity with MDMA is a non-issue if used responsibly. Even though something had to change in my brain I see no negative side effects.

-- Kenneth Folk

11 minutes ago, Enlightenment said:

My first ~10 MDMA trips had incredible magic and love to them and didn't cause any comedown the next day at all, in fact, I've always had a good afterglow for some time after. The last few times when I took it, there was no magic, little to no increase in empathy, two days of low mood afterward and this was after taking over 8 months break so I see no point to take it anymore. I think neurotoxicity with MDMA is a non-issue if used responsibly. Even though something had to change in my brain I see no negative side effects.

@Enlightenment I would get that afterglow too, I'd wake up the next day just feeling more pure. You might just have to wait another year or two before you can experience the magic of it again. I've done it about 5 times in the years 2016 & 2017, haven't messed with it since.

1 hour ago, noselfnofun said:

Yeah amazing, do you think its possible to live in a place similar to that when you advance on the spiritual path? I know it's not a good idea to start fantasising about it but it is very interesting to even imagine a life like that. The world just needs more love 

oh I so know what you mean:x I've been thinking the exact same thing. that pure love, awe, empathy and sense of just being connected to everything and everyone is what I imagine it to be like too. it's also more or less what I've felt on my awakening experiences on shrooms, aya and AL-LAD:x

but you're also right about saying that it's dangerous to phantasize too much about that. I've become aware that a lot of my suffering these days comes from my own expectations to how I should feel. I've had amazing afterglow from MDMA and specially from aya (long lasting, like for weeks or even months) and I've noticed that right now I constantly compare my mood and general awareness to that period of time... so it can be a trap. but I think it's  starting to get better now because I've become aware of it.-_-

I guess the MDMA high can inspire and show you how much love there can be <3 and yeah, we definitely need more of that <3

whatever arises, love that

As for MDMA’s similarity to enlightenment—I am not sure I can remember that.

No doubt spiritual paths can connect us with…feelings of lucid intoxication similar to MDMA. 

I wonder why we are not always in a state of constant bliss, clarity, insight and love—like heaven on earth? To be so mentally clear, and so full of love…I think it is the same for MDMA and other spirituals: Goodness and Beauty ARE there all the time.

Maybe people are aware of different aspects of IT at different times; then sometimes a person becomes more aware. May the amazement go on forever, as we enter the ever-greater and ever-greater.

I wonder whether some lack of pleasure is unnecessary? Probably yes. I think back on my spiritual experiences…and my MDMA experiences…and the memories remind me to love and contemplate. I recently re-watched the fantastic episode about taking responsibility one’s own happiness—“How to Stop Being a Victim- The #1 Reason You Are Stuck” … that is such a good episode, and it helped me a blockage of misery. 

3 hours ago, phoenix666 said:

oh I so know what you mean:x I've been thinking the exact same thing. that pure love, awe, empathy and sense of just being connected to everything and everyone is what I imagine it to be like too. it's also more or less what I've felt on my awakening experiences on shrooms, aya and AL-LAD:x

but you're also right about saying that it's dangerous to phantasize too much about that. I've become aware that a lot of my suffering these days comes from my own expectations to how I should feel. I've had amazing afterglow from MDMA and specially from aya (long lasting, like for weeks or even months) and I've noticed that right now I constantly compare my mood and general awareness to that period of time... so it can be a trap. but I think it's  starting to get better now because I've become aware of it.-_-

I guess the MDMA high can inspire and show you how much love there can be <3 and yeah, we definitely need more of that <3

Yes it really is something quite remarkable, when I first tried it I was very young and didn't know anything about higher conciseness but realised this is something we are all seeking, without me knowing it probably started me on the path haha. 

Its been ten years since I tried it but I watched the movie human traffic the other day and there is a scene in there where they talk about MDMA and I was like they are describing enlightenment. I found the clip on youtube a redirected it lol took out the drug references and images and replaced them. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FTKT27Nz38

I know it, it is so great that sometimes I wonder if enlightenment would fell as good as this 

@Enlightenment MDMA permamently rewires parts of the brain after 10-20 trips, creating a permanent life-long tolerance.

Which is why I do not talk about MDMA as a tool for consciousness work. It is not a true psychedelic, it is in a class of its own.

Stick to LSD, mushrooms, and 5-MeO-DMT.

5-MeO-DMT is the closest psychedelic to enlightenment. Nothing comes as close.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

MDMA permamently rewires parts of the brain after 10-20 trips, creating a permanent life-long tolerance.

Evidence for this? Ravers would say otherwise. Of course it can damage your brain with too much prolonged use, but if you are responsible and space out your trips, I haven't heard of a decrease in quality.

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

@TheAvatarState This is well-documented by researchers.

Ravers don't last. They crash and burn and turn to other drugs. Most raves don't even have real pure MDMA but other substitutes. And most ravers don't even know the difference.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.