Amun

Do you eat meat?

111 posts in this topic

Personally i do not eat meat or animal products mostly for compassion and health reasons but ultimately i realized to in order to be the greatest version of myself i need to let go those things which no longer served me. Meat and Animal products were weighing me down and were no longer a vibrational match to my frequency. I had to follow my essence and stick to where i felt best.

In the last 5 years i tried meat and or animal products a few times and instantly felt the heaviness and generally became more numb to higher frequencies which limited and dulled my existence. Wheat and processed foods also fall into the same category as they act like a drug to the body/consciousness.

You must always follow your inner-verse not what other people do/say. Everyone has their own evolutionary path.  Don't live/eat a certain way because everyone else is doing it or you think its best for you. Go by what feels right, go by the spiritual calling, the inner-calling of truth and serenity.

When you feel absolutely amazing, you know you are doing something right.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

3 minutes ago, alankrillin said:

That's all you took from that post numnuts?

It's just a word Peter Ralston was pointing his middle finger at audience in a speech. 

The guys logic is bad he deserves more worse words when he's spreading bad information whilst ignoring other facts 

It is just a word. But I am talking about what you are trying to express when you use it.

I'm not talking about Peter Ralston.

It was an introspective question. 

2 minutes ago, alankrillin said:

Projection. I didn't say I was highly conscious I said a highly conscious person probably wouldnt rape someone.

I also said I eat meat. But your head ain't on right.

To me eating meat is like smoking, I know its not good for me or the environment and a habit I need to kick out completely. For now I'm ok with reducing it. 

I know you didn't say that. Thats why I asked if you were because I have no idea. I was pointing out that talking about what highly conscious people do isn't too useful when you aren't there yet.

Head isn't on right relative to what? ;) 

@alankrillin how old are you? If you are over 18 then you are very immature for your age. And a lot of what you say contradicts itself, or simply doesn't make sense.... xD

Edited by EvilAngel

Thread is about meat eating and why. 

If you want to specifically talk about me you can create a new thread and I would be honoured. 

If a book doesn't make sense to you...  Usually it's the readers mind that is the problem and not the book. 

I'm seeing major issues in people here too many to talk about. 

From the novice cliché error of its all a dream so who cares to trying to delve into my level of consciousness. 

I'm already completed, any external input will only be an attempted sabotage. (clearly obvious ones at that). 

Just for your information I used to be uncaring meat eater.  

But I became more compassionate. I'm also compassionate to plants, I wouldn't step on one for fun. 

For me to be an uncaring meat eater again I need to become more unconsciousness and uncaring. 

However if something has to die to feed me then plants are healthier to eat and do not have brains or memories or pain nervous systems.

Animals are sentient beings if you're unable to grasp the meaning of that, the problem lies with you. 

Again eating meat for survival is not the problem it's eating meat when it causes so many problems from suffering of caged animals, to cancer causing food, to environmental problems. 

Eat the fucking veggies.

Edited by alankrillin

1 hour ago, Jed Vassallo said:

With Enlightenment, one realizes that none of it matters. There is no meaning to anything. It's all an illusion/dream. There is no meat or plants or you to eat it. It's all god, god eating god. 

Sshhh brown bear sshhh

No. I don't eat meat. Why to kill a living being and eat it for one's survival. When vegetarian food is available why kill. Compassion towards a fellow living being. Live and let live. 

I eat meat and yeah; in some sense I know that it is causing suffering. I am also a consumer and I participate in an economy that gives money to others that themselves eat meat. By merely existing in society, you are inducing suffering somewhere down the line. In all seriousness though, if minimizing suffering is the goal, then surely wiping out mankind would be seen as a virtuous goal? Go one step further, adopt Antinatalism as a world view?

Hmmm....

@Amun

Yes, I do.

Just because plants and trees don't move and scream (or at least, seem so), doesn't mean that they don't feel pain.

An animal eating another animal is brutal, but this is life and this is survival, and don't forget that we 'human beings' are some kind of animal, so deal with it.

If you stop eating you will die. The choice is yours.

Notice the collective ego of vegans and so, they are tricking themselves and others with their egoic agenda, of no more suffering for animals and no more savage-like behaviours.

Life is brutal, it's a fact, if you were not to be brutal, you would be dead by now. (everyone is brutal, not everyone knows).

I do because I currently cook for someone who eats meat.  If I were cooking only for myself probably I would be a vegetarian.  It gets complicated when you cook for more than yourself because other people are set in their ways about what they will eat.  I don’t eat red meat.  I’m not really a fan of pork or seafood like clams or bottom feeder fish like catfish.  I eat chicken and unfortunately some pork because the person I cook for likes pork.  I eat fish too.  I eat eggs.  I don’t really touch dairy.  I like chicken because it’s so versatile.  I can cut up chicken into cubes and put into a salad, or I can roast pieces it in the oven and serve it with brown rice.  If I had it my way probably the only meat I would eat is chicken without the skin and fish.  I really like fish, it’s just so damn expensive and potentially contaminated to boot.  I wish I had a clean place to catch my own wild fish to eat.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, Mikael89 said:

So I should put you and that guy on a pedestal instead?

No. Why do you have to put anyone on a pedestal?

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

1 hour ago, Mikael89 said:

Of course.

See, you are talking about a person. You want to be a person. You want to play the game/illusion of life with opposites. You want to be in samsara.

(Limited) person.. good and bad.. pain and pleasure.. need to be good.. need to get pleasure.. need to care what others think about me.. need to have a career.. need to improve.. that person is bad.. need to judge him/her.. need to build borders against him/her.. life and death.. need to know Truth.. 

It's about stepping out of the game altogether.

“Suffering just means you're having a bad dream. Happiness means you're having a good dream. Enlightenment means getting out of the dream altogether.”

- Jed McKenna

So I should put you and that guy on a pedestal instead?

That sounds like nihilism with spiritualism sprinkled in. 

Leo has mentioned those types in videos many times but it seems to conveniently fall on deaf ears when someone doesn't want to hear it. 

Detachment and indifference is completely different.  Detachment is you do all you can, but you are unaffected, it is indifference to the result not indifference to the action. 

I dont think you realise how horrible the world would be if everyone was indifferent to each other. 

We live in the best era now because humans are getting better and working together. Thats why we have nice things. All the negatives aspect are from the sheer number of human beings causing strain on the planet. 

You're completely disrespectful to your human body that is your vessel right it is the centre of your consciousness. 

You need to discover god consciousness.  Once that happens you won't go around saying life is dream so who gives a shit. Personal I find that a trap on such a basic level. 

You are here right now, aware of being aware,  and it's the realest thing you could ever know, no one can convince that you're not aware. 

It is the only ultimate truth that you know instantly even without the mind thinking. 

Edited by alankrillin

@Truth Addict Eating meat is extremely egoic.

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

8 hours ago, Jed Vassallo said:

With Enlightenment, one realizes that none of it matters. There is no meaning to anything. It's all an illusion/dream. There is no meat or plants or you to eat it. It's all god, god eating god. 

But it is so easy to say things like this while you're not the one suffering. Just typing stuff on a keyboard from the comfort and safety of your home.
Just another poor excuse to act selfish because "nothing matters anyway" "it's all a  dream" "suffering is an illusion".

47 minutes ago, sgn said:

@Truth Addict Eating meat is extremely egoic.

Actually quite the opposite.

First of all, it depends on ignoring the fact that everthing, including green trees and plants are alive. How do you know that trrees don't suffer? Why are you so sure?

Every idea is created by the ego, including the ideas of murder and animal rights. The ego which is comfortable with not facing death, will find a way to survive by claiming that trees and plants are not alive, when if fact, they are.

So if we're to be truly honest with ourselves, eating green is also a crime.

By the way, people eat each other all the time in business, marketing, etc...

But since the ego is not seeing death directly, it will just sweep it under the rug as if everything is fine.

Basically, survival happens at the expense of others, whether they are plants, animals, or humans.

And believe it or not, for you to survive you must have been criminal and evil your whole life.

Otherwise, you'd be dead.

Edited by Truth Addict

Absolute and relative truth. Kyballion is a great read for this.

Follow your desires & Intuition. Thats the only justification you need to do something.

You'll be led to veganism if its meant for you and when it is. Don't be inauthentic about it.

27 minutes ago, sgn said:

Just another poor excuse to act selfish because "nothing matters anyway" "it's all a  dream" "suffering is an illusion".

No its just a limited perspective. People can switch between relative and absolute viewpoints but it takes time to integrate them both into a more holistic viewpoint.

1 hour ago, Truth Addict said:

Actually quite the opposite.

First of all, it depends on ignoring the fact that everthing, including green trees and plants are alive. How do you know that trrees don't suffer? Why are you so sure?

Every idea is created by the ego, including the ideas of murder and animal rights. The ego which is comfortable with not facing death, will find a way to survive by claiming that trees and plants are not alive, when if fact, they are.

So if we're to be truly honest with ourselves, eating green is also a crime.

By the way, people eat each other all the time in business, marketing, etc...

But since the ego is not seeing death directly, it will just sweep it under the rug as if everything is fine.

Basically, survival happens at the expense of others, whether they are plants, animals, or humans.

And believe it or not, for you to survive you must have been criminal and evil your whole life.

Otherwise, you'd be dead.

Plants don't have brains and nervous systems,  the argument is completely mute. They don't have a sense of self or memories. 

Sometimes you guys talk so much to find a ways to justify yourselves.

By that logic cutting my hair and cutting your head off is the same thing. One isn't worse than the other. 

It is so sad to see when someone can take spirituality and the miraculous of existence and turn it into vile nihilism. 

Where no life or nothing matters. 

It's not wrong to eat meat to survive it's wrong to kill for pleasure eating. 

The same way it's cruel to kill a Bull in bullfighting only for a small amount of entertainment. 

Edited by alankrillin

@alankrillin heads are just a concept man. Ofcourse in relatively speaking I’m talking out of my ass, but in absolute terms I’m super deep.

I do not eat meat. I stumbled onto a documentary called "Earthlings" which brought to my attention the extreme suffering of animals at the hands of humans and I will never eat meat again. I also watched the follow up call "Unity" and read Jonathan Safran Foer's book "Eating Animals". I believe that if more people were exposed to these things there would be a revolt against factory farming. The saying go's  "If slaughter houses had glass walls we would all be vegetarians". But people don't want to know about these things. They don't want to know that 99 percent of the meat consumed in the US is from the horrifying factory farms. They still think there are little piggies and chickens running around a barnyard somewhere in Iowa and farmer Brown is tending to their needs. There are some groups working to educate people about all of this but they are outnumbered and outspent by the food lobby. Farm Forward is one such group that is make some small headway. I do wish that PETA would spend more time on the issue of factory farms instead of exposing tiny roadside zoo's in Texas or whatever. Not that those things aren't awful but it's a matter of scale.

The topic. Is a distraction for you only. to think anyone would bother to contribute. But, what i found intriguing. is men quoting men. Quoting utter nonsense. This man is a fraud. Or his words were taken out of context or manipulated.

“Suffering just means you're having a bad dream. Happiness means you're having a good dream. Enlightenment means getting out of the dream altogether.”

- Jed McKenna

Edited by Enlightened