Amun

Do you eat meat?

111 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

If you care about the polarities (good and bad etc. then you are in the game/samsara. You can only get out of it if you don't care. Simple as that.

Indifference is important.

1. Jesus volunteered to get killed on the cross.

2. It wasn't until then he could forgive the sins of humans.

3. He got resurrected after 3 days.

4. He ascended into Heaven after 40 days.

So, yes, please, torture me to death. (It seems to already be happening though.)

I'm sorry you misunderstood so many things. 

Firstly Jesus didn't volunteer, he was executed because he did not want to change his statements.

3-4 don't matter just fantasy. 

Indifference haha.

Detachment is different. 

I'm glad you're being tortured, if reality is saying something and your response is indifference then it's working as intended. 

When reality gives you a problem you bow down and say yes mi Lord, I will solve it for you. 

Let me make this clear if your house is on fire you're not going to say "Indifference" so why you bullshitting us??? 

@Mikael89 your responses are kind of... lol just make very little sense

Edited by Arhattobe

Yes. I'm more concerned with cleaning my diet up to be optimal for my health than trying to build one away from meat. 

I put animals and plants on the same level so killing either doesn't sound appealing.

I am much in favor of seeing where lab meat goes though. 

Really the cycle of death giving birth to life is quite beautiful.

Sure upon death presenting itself upon you will trigger instincts, I couldn't really blame any creature that tries to use me as a resource to sustain itself though. 

Just now, Mikael89 said:

He did volunteer.

Do you really think humans could kill the Son of God against His Will? 

He wanted to save the world.

Or maybe you guys are just touching the surface of maya.

Don't expect to get enlightened with that shallow mindset.

There is no good or bad etc. in Absolute.

Oh god now I know what I'm dealing with. 

Good job on indirectly telling us how awake you are and how asleep we are. 

It's like you have consciousness and we don't. 

You're a delicious fruitcake with sprinkles. 

2 minutes ago, Arhattobe said:

@Shadowraix You put animals and plants on the same level? 

Have you ever seen an animal?

Maybe I was too vague. I meant I value plants and animals equally. 

3 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

Maybe I was too vague. I meant I value plants and animals equally. 

Do you value hair strands and humans equally? What about sperm cells and humans? 

Bite a plant the plant won't react, bite a lamb it will scream, cry and run and shake and cower in fear. It wants to live, it understands it life is precious. 

At least make logical sense if you're trying to play the smart role. 

Humans will refuse to see the bad until they have to pay for the crime. 

If aliens came to us with far better technology and thought of us as some imbecile creature unable to defend itself and ate us not for survival but for delicacy then you would get it, until then though we don't care. 

Eating meat for survival is not the issue, eating meat unnecessarily for amusement of taste buds is wrong. 

Whensome Says life is a dream I can eat animals is the same thing as saying life is a dream I can rape any women I want including your wife,  daughter, mother etc.

Yeah we could, would a highly conscious person do that though? Highly Doubt it. 

Best way to assign value to a life is to see how much the creature values it's own life and what it does to protect itself. 

If a human being wants to die and a dog is trying it's best to survive I'd choose the dog to save. Because it showed me it's life was more precious. 

Also a lot of fruit and veggies are harvesting and seasonal foods for example apples fall from trees and would rot away anyway, it's almost like they were designed solely to be eaten.

16 minutes ago, alankrillin said:

Eating meat for survival is not the issue, eating meat unnecessarily for amusement of taste buds is wrong. 

Eating meat is natural and essential for our diet. You wouldn't tell a cat to stop eating meat. It wouldn't survive. Sure, humans can survive without meat but I don't believe it is a healthy choice.

Just now, EvilAngel said:

Eating meat is natural and essential for our diet. You wouldn't tell a cat to stop eating meat. It wouldn't survive. Sure, humans can survive without meat but I don't believe it is a healthy choice.

And there lies the answer, if humans couldn't survive the answer would be obvious wouldn't it.

I suggest you research the science of eating meat more thoroughly. 

The reason why many people say that vegan diets are poor is because how badly balance ppl are. They eat potato chips and call themselves vegan then have all sorts of health problems. 

There are body builders and athletes on vegan diets. 

The poor excuses to justify meat eating is just bad. 

First you need to be honest if you live a area where you can buy fruit, veggies, nuts and legume easily then meat eating for you is just for the taste buds. 

2 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

Also Nisargadatta Maharaj, Jesus and Buddha ate meat. And apparently Adyashanti and Dalai Lama does too.

Eckhart Tolle, lol. Who cares? Way to put them on a pedestal. A lot of enlightened people are vegan, why not mention them too?
For example:

But whatever.

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

13 minutes ago, alankrillin said:

And there lies the answer, if humans couldn't survive the answer would be obvious wouldn't it.

I suggest you research the science of eating meat more thoroughly. 

The reason why many people say that vegan diets are poor is because how badly balance ppl are. They eat potato chips and call themselves vegan then have all sorts of health problems. 

There are body builders and athletes on vegan diets. 

The poor excuses to justify meat eating is just bad. 

First you need to be honest if you live a area where you can buy fruit, veggies, nuts and legume easily then meat eating for you is just for the taste buds. 

We have canine teeth which are specifically designed for ripping meat. Meat contains B vitamins and the right kind of proteins and enzymes which promote good physical and mental health. 

I don't want to just "survive". I want to be healthy, and yes, enjoy  the food I eat,

Someone else mentioned listening to your body...it will tell you what it needs any time you are hungry. If I'm meant to eat only fruit, veggies and legumes then my body would tell me this and I would only desire to eat those things. 

I know what I'm talking about. I haven't had to visit the doctor in years.

Edited by EvilAngel

36 minutes ago, alankrillin said:

Do you value hair strands and humans equally? What about sperm cells and humans? 

Hair follicles but yes.

Bite a plant the plant won't react, bite a lamb it will scream, cry and run and shake and cower in fear. It wants to live, it understands it life is precious. 

Plants do react. Just not in ways that we usually recognize/ways that don't appeal to our emotions.

Humans will refuse to see the bad until they have to pay for the crime. 

If aliens came to us with far better technology and thought of us as some imbecile creature unable to defend itself and ate us not for survival but for delicacy then you would get it, until then though we don't care. 

I'm not really here to play the game of relative morality. Just a cover up way of expressing what you approve or disapprove of but seemingly in a kinda absolute way. And I'm not here to try and get you to approve of my eating of meat. 

Yeah we could, would a highly conscious person do that though? Highly Doubt it. 

Are you highly conscious? Be careful in trying to compare yourself to something you are not. A highly conscious person also probably wouldn't be going on the internet preaching how eating meat is wrong. I'm not going to act like a highly conscious person until I get there where such desires will come naturally. Gotta embrace all parts of the process.

21 minutes ago, alankrillin said:

Also a lot of fruit and veggies are harvesting and seasonal foods for example apples fall from trees and would rot away anyway, it's almost like they were designed solely to be eaten.

You are correct. That is more akin to a fruitarian diet. Makes for a good way of plants to spread their seeds.

Edited by Shadowraix

No I don't. I'm Vegan.

I decided to go Vegan a few years ago because I wanted my outward actions and behaviors to be congruent with my inward feelings and values. 

I always wanted animals to be happy and well and wouldn't be able to witness animal suffering without feeling horrible, but I never hesitated to participate in an industry that creates tremendous amounts of suffering for so many of them.

But there was always a disconnect in awareness between my participation in the consumption of animals and animal products and the suffering they endured simply so I can eat something enjoyable.

So, in order to move out of hypocrisy and stop making myself unconscious by doing all sorts of mental gymnastics, I stopped eating meat and dairy products. Basically, it just no longer made sense for me to keep going with it if I had to close my eyes to the suffering that I was complicit in.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

29 minutes ago, EvilAngel said:

We have canine teeth which are specifically designed for ripping meat. Meat contains B vitamins and the right kind of proteins and enzymes which promote good physical and mental health. 

I don't want to just "survive". I want to be healthy, and yes, enjoy  the food I eat,

I love how you conviently use whatever evidence to justify an arguement whilst ignoring evidence that contradict your arguement. 

Firstly we evolved from shared ancestor with the ape and our Dna is very similar. All primates have canines you numnuts

"Apes are herbivores for the most part, but they also may eat smallanimals or bugs"

We don't have the bodies or abilities to hunt animals,  we used tools so it's obvious we were not meat hunters from the get go.

We can only absorb most nutrition from meat if we artifically cook meat, you do not have the body, teeth,  stomach or ability to catch a wild animal and eat it raw.

Eating raw meat can make us easily ill and kill us in the wild. Which Is something real meat eating animals don't need to worry about. 

We have some of the smallest canine teeth in the animal kingdom. 

Leafy greens, legumes, seeds and nuts have B vitamins, you'll be OK numbers. 

Edited by alankrillin

@alankrillin Don't you think its time to sit back and walk away when you start trying to attack somebody? Surely calling him numnuts wasn't out of helpful intent.

I see your passion for this topic, but be careful how you direct that.

4 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

@alankrillin Don't you think its time to sit back and walk away when you start trying to attack somebody? Surely calling him numnuts wasn't out of helpful intent.

I see your passion for this topic, but be careful how you direct that.

That's all you took from that post numnuts?

It's just a word Peter Ralston was pointing his middle finger at audience in a speech. 

The guys logic is bad he deserves more worse words when he's spreading bad information whilst ignoring other facts. 

Strawman an entire post for 1 word shows you that you're out to strawman rather than learn. 

Edited by alankrillin

36 minutes ago, Shadowraix said:

Are you highly conscious? Be careful in trying to compare yourself to something you are not. A highly conscious person also probably wouldn't be going on the internet preaching how eating meat is wrong. I'm not going to act like a highly conscious person until I get there where such desires will come naturally. Gotta embrace all parts of the process.

Projection. I didn't say I was highly conscious I said a highly conscious person probably wouldnt rape someone.

I also said I eat meat. But your head ain't on right.

To me eating meat is like smoking, I know its not good for me or the environment and a habit I need to kick out completely. For now I'm ok with reducing it. 

With Enlightenment, one realizes that none of it matters. There is no meaning to anything. It's all an illusion/dream. There is no meat or plants or you to eat it. It's all god, god eating god.