Amun

Do you eat meat?

111 posts in this topic

@alankrillin

The point I was making is that this vegetarian and vegan movement is just complete nonsense, and complete waste of time and energy.

Eat whatever you want to eat.

It doesn't really matter.

Again, beware of the ego and its sneaky projections.

13 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@alankrillin

The point I was making is that this vegetarian and vegan movement is just complete nonsense, and complete waste of time and energy.

May I state an opinion? you sir. Whoever said 'it doesn't really matter'. Should never again speak in life. That you would respond so casually, to such a dire emergency. Betrays your lack of everything.

"Such a diet could help the world support the 10 billion people that are projected to be alive by 2050, the commission said. Out of the approximately 7 billion people alive today, about 820 million don't get enough food, 2 billion are malnourished, and another 2 billion are overweight or obese, the commission said." https://www.livescience.com/64530-plant-focused-diet-helps-humans-earth.html?fbclid=IwAR1wHTv0h_I3b28EBUmoal-GePAcFn9YID4RCITZpoNpX5QAcHJZS2Zk54w

Edited by Enlightened

9 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@alankrillin

The it doesn't matter movement is way more nonsense. 

There are so many things wrong with meat farms go watch a few dozen documentaries on the matter and then come back to me. 

Infinity is not a scapegoat to be evil to other forms of ourselves,  live passionately and compassionately  whenever you can afford to.  

14 hours ago, EvilAngel said:

We have canine teeth which are specifically designed for ripping meat. Meat contains B vitamins and the right kind of proteins and enzymes which promote good physical and mental health. 

I don't want to just "survive". I want to be healthy, and yes, enjoy  the food I eat,

Someone else mentioned listening to your body...it will tell you what it needs any time you are hungry. If I'm meant to eat only fruit, veggies and legumes then my body would tell me this and I would only desire to eat those things. 

I know what I'm talking about. I haven't had to visit the doctor in years.

I would love to see you rip apart a carcas of dead meat with your wimpy little canine teeth. Humans are the only creatures that have to cut up their friggin meat.  Our molars are perfect for a fruit diet.

It kind of blows me away that so many that profess enlightenment or are trying to get there can use mental gymnastics to rationalize eating animals that have live a life of abject torture so you can pick up a neat little package at the grocery story. Have you forgotten that compassion is a part of the enlightenment process? I guess that's too inconvenient. Enlightenment does not entail being indifferent to the suffering of the creatures on this planet. This is an opportunity for you to demonstrate compassion in your actions not weasel your way out...

@alankrillin Hair is dead. The follicles in the head are what is alive. You don't touch the follicles when you cut you'd hair. 

The fact of the matter is the human body does not Need meat or diary to survive. I actually have a degree in Nutritional sciences and I am a vegan myself. You can supplement all the necessary micronutrients from other sources. And get plenty of protein from plants. I see so much zen devilery in this particular topic and so many sneaky justifications for why eating meat is not a problem.  If you were truly enlightened,  The amount of compassion that you have for all living beings would outweigh this selfish desire to consume their flesh. 

Face it, those of you talking about this nihilism bullshit are just addicted to meat and dairy and can’t face this truth. All of society is addicted to meat and diary and as a result billions of creatures suffer and die every single year  to feed this addiction.  Billions. 

There is nothing gained by eating meat other than pleasure unless there is a medical necessity. Once you see through the threads of this desire, and you realize it’s source stems from your indoctrination as a child growing up eating meat and dairy, it’s much easier to let go of.  Until then, be mindful of how many justifications you create to eat meat. And yes, bringing up absolute truth and nihilism is a justification and the irony is that all of you bring up that point don’t see it. 

If nothing matters, then neither does your addiction to the suffering of other creatures - so perhaps have a little goddamn empathy :) 

I don't eat meat because it's sad and mean to use animals that way, that is not appetizing

I don't buy leather and I don't eat eggs

I think vegan is the way to go and I admire vegans for what they do

but I'm not totally vegan at all myself so

I've been told animal products are in all kinds of things that you would never think of...

I think it just boils down to we should all do as much as we possibly can to reduce suffering in the world, that's all we can do, no one can do more than they can do...

3 hours ago, pointessa said:

Someone else mentioned listening to your body...it will tell you what it needs any time you are hungry. If I'm meant to eat only fruit, veggies and legumes then my body would tell me this and I would only desire to eat those things. 

no, your body is a liar, try smoking cigarettes for a couple of years then try quitting, your body will scream at you that it needs cigarettes...or heroin, or coke, or pills, or whatever else it's addicted to

Yeah like a lot. You need protein, meat is most pure source of protein. Beans on the other hand contain other shit stuff for your health, going full vegan is not healthy. Do research regarding that. 

Also what I am concerned about is animal welfare and suffrring, slaughtering animals has less to do with animal welfare, as killing will create some acute suffering for the animal and then nothing. But raising in animals in inappropriate settings, this is what we must concerned about. 

And I think it is something that doesn't interfere with human nature to kill animals. So it is not bad for you as a human, it is well justified for you. 

2 hours ago, Consilience said:

I Actually have a degree in Nutritional sciences and I am a vegan myself. You can supplement all the necessary micronutrients from other sources. And get plenty of protein from plants. 

:) 

nutrition science is not well grounded. It is like wtf researchers have been doing all these years, it is full of bullshit. Open minded researchers are doing some great job in exposing all this vegan diet shit. Plants and beans specifically are not that good. They, are not good in supplying you with iron and they contain a lot of molecules that are not good for your health. Meat contain much higher levels of iron, and supply you with multi vitamins. 

@ahmad ibdah i'm not gonna lie, i don't agree with anything you just said there.  

did you just say vegetables aren't a plant? 

1 minute ago, Aakash said:

@ahmad ibdah i'm not gonna lie, i don't agree with anything you just said there.  

did you just say vegetables aren't a plant? 

What?? 

21 minutes ago, ahmad ibdah said:

Yeah like a lot. You need protein, meat is most pure source of protein. Beans on the other hand contain other shit stuff for your health, going full vegan is not healthy. Do research regarding that. 

Also what I am concerned about is animal welfare and suffrring, slaughtering animals has less to do with animal welfare, as killing will create some acute suffering for the animal and then nothing. But raising in animals in inappropriate settings, this is what we must concerned about. 

And I think it is something that doesn't interfere with human nature to kill animals. So it is not bad for you as a human, it is well justified for you. 

Stop it with the misinformation please.  Google vegan athletes, no excuses,  why the hell are you comparing canned beans full of sugar with meat? Natural beans don't have "other shit". 

The reason why vegan diets get a bad reputation is because ignorant people who try it don't plan out their varied meals and end up eating the same things causing vitamin deficiency.  

New science in the last decade actually says a lot of negative things about meat you should be eat 15g to none a day.  Everyone knows fruit and veggies are healthy on the other hand.

And the science of it as been clear for decades.  Humans share a common ancestor with apes. 

Apes are mainly herbivores, fact.

Do your research about vegan diet. It is notyour savior. It is just a trend that got popular because of the fast food diet. 

Ever since I stopped eating meat I've been feeling a lot better. Physically and mentally. Which was quite unexpected. So I don't really care about the research haha. I've done my own. ;)

I guess it's a lot different for each person though.

3 minutes ago, ahmad ibdah said:

Do your research about vegan diet. It is notyour savior. It is just a trend that got popular because of the fast food diet. 

Mate you really need to do your research.  You probably read one article on the Internet  that probably says meat is required, probably paid by the meat industry to keep the payroll going.  

A balance varied diet of vegetables, fruit, legumes, nuts and seeds is the ultimate diet. Hands down. 

Edited by alankrillin

I am not saying fruits and vegetables are bad. They are good and essential. But still you need protein. From where you are getting that. Obviously from legumes. Legumes are on the other hand full of shit. Also you you are going to increase your carbs portion of your diet. And carbs are empty from any health benefit. 

You also said it is evolutionary that our diet is essentially vegan. But I look at ancient man diet And you know what, I see  a lot of meat there ?. 

I didnt just see articles on the web. I follow nutrition scientists that I trust in, who I know will serve me facts  after doing their own research for years. 

On 1/20/2019 at 10:24 AM, Amun said:

And why or why not? Elaborate answers are always appreciated!

I eat meat because studies show that vegans are not as healthy and it is not death I oppose, but suffering that can be avoided. I dont think it matters much as to whether a chicken sees a few less sunsets than it would otherwise. With that said, I think animals should killed with the least amount of suffering as possible.