Zigzag Idiot

Zigzag Idiot and the ladder of Objective Reason

1,794 posts in this topic

@tsuki

3 hours ago, tsuki said:

Do you deny the existence of instinct and intuition in others?

No.    .??

3 hours ago, tsuki said:

Did you "create" instinct and intuition through practice?

No.   ??

3 hours ago, tsuki said:

Did instinct and intuition create practice in you?

Maybe. Hard to say.

3 hours ago, tsuki said:

What are you?

A field of impressionability, perhaps.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

How is it possible that impulses for action exist within the field of impressionability?
Were they imprinted by 'something else'?
Are 'others' (like myself) fields of impressionability as well?
What imprints the impulses in them to transfer them to you?

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

2 minutes ago, tsuki said:
9 minutes ago, tsuki said:

How is it possible that impulses for action exist within the field of impressionability?

Through the causal body.

5 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Were they imprinted by 'something else'?

Possibly. From a certain perspective.

8 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Are 'others' (like myself) fields of impressionability as well?

If it's true for you.

10 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Everything. It's direct. No transfer, if I understood the question correctly.

Under what circumstances do you access the causal body?

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

16 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Under what circumstances do you access the causal body?

In having an Automaton and through purification of the emotional center giving access through subtle body to causal body.

Just now, Zigzag Idiot said:

In having an Automaton and through purification of the emotional center giving access through subtle body to causal body.

I noticed that I was running in loops between the three bodies yesterday.
It clicked with me what these three are.

Thank you.

Dont watch this if you're depressed to begin with.

I used to couldn't tolerate hearing any song by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. It reminded me of the concrete desert of Little Rock Arkansas in the summertime of the early 1990's. Around the time period Slick Willy got elected President . I felt betrayed by pop culture during this time, which I eventually resolved when I realized the world is asleep. I've come to appreciate some of the songs of the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Gotta have pronouns to effectively communicate.

I love the idea of using the old term for "idiot". I guess we all should aim to be a bunch of idiots...

@Gladius  I think the old Greek usage had even become obscure 100 years ago when Gurdjieff began putting some structure to the Science of Idiotism. The double meaning/usage of the word adds to the confusion but that in itself makes it all the more valuable for its intended purpose. Hence, a glimpse into the mind and Being of George Gurdjieff.

I appreciate the comment. ?‍♂️

Hey,

I just watched the 10min clip on centering prayer. I can't remember the thread you posted it on. I think today or yesterday. You posted 3 of them. I absolutely loved it. I actually read a book by Thomas Keating recently. It was him being interviewed by a recovered alcoholic. Divine therapy and addiction. Brilliant read. I think I'm going to really throw myself into centering prayer. It makes so much sense to me. 

It tickled me to read this! Sounds like your on you're way. It's been daily for me over two years other than missing 8 days about a year ago. Letting go of thoughts and to experience an increasing capacity for "objectless awareness" ,,,,, it creates an inner space which for me has helped with continuity of conscious awareness.

With your endorsement, it deserves a bookmark in case someone is interested.

Edited by Zigzag Idiot

Yoganandas- The Second Coming of Christ Is a 1600 page 2 volume set

The subtitle says so much- The Resurrection of the Christ Within You. A Revelatory commentary on the original teachings of Jesus.

IMG_0635.JPG

Essentially, the second coming of Christ is the appearance of the capacity for Christ Consciousness.

Jim Marion's high octane book lays out the stages of Consciousness with an Integral Spiral Dynamics model; stairway to Heaven, so to speak-

• Archaic Consciousness 
  •  Magic Consciousness 
  •  Mythic Consciousness 
  • Rational Consciousness 
  • Vision-Logic Consciousness 
  • Psychic Consciousness 
  •  
  • The Dark Night of the Senses
  •  
  • Subtle Consciousness
  •  
  • The Dark Night of the Soul
  •  
  • Christ Consciousness - The Causal Level
  •  Nondual Consciousness - Kingdom of Heaven

IMG_0636.JPGO

Note- the forward by Ken Wilber

This book is written in such a simple and clear way in just 300 pages. To me, in essence, it delivers a concise explanation on the subject matter of what Yogananda's book Title and subtitle suggest.

Edited by Zigzag Idiot

@Zigzag Idiot If Saturnine is teaching the same words as I wrote, it could be an interesting school to follow! 

I didn't get it as a putdown but I was surprised why you did such a comment about me but now it's clear... 

I'm seeing the problems of our young generation and I feel pity to us (including myself), that we've been deeply ingrained about what should do and not to do, what is right and what isn't, that makes the younger person prone to any kind of psychological problems (in case of this journal of the topic anxiety and...)

So I'm taking that WE ARE 100% FREE to do what we want even it bothers the feelings of our family members! 

@hamedsf

Regarding- So I'm taking that WE ARE 100% FREE to do what we want even it bothers the feelings of our family members! 

I don't know about that. Seems like there might need to be some gray area there,,,, ?

Development and Actualization of a State is what is Needed to go Beyond It

The process of development is the same thing as the process of unveiling or shedding at the same time. The development and the actualization of a state is what is needed to go beyond it. They are not two separate things. You cannot go beyond self until you actualize self. For instance, when finally you know your true self, you are it, you realize in the same instant that you’ve gone beyond it. You do not need it any more because you’ve got it. That is the hierarchy of needs—when you do not have it, you need it. You must look for it, but the moment you get it, get it completely, you do not need it any longer. It is not exactly that you do not need it any longer; you realize that it is not important. You realize that it is an idea in your mind anyway. But you do not know that it is just an idea in your mind until you get it. The process of the satisfaction of the needs, the totality of the hierarchy, is the same process as the process of unveiling or shedding. So it looks paradoxical but it is really not a paradox; it is the same thing. When I say you need to let go of your desires, how do you do that? You do not let go by saying you are going to let go; you let go by actualizing them, by understanding them completely. In my opinion, there is no other way than by completely experiencing them. Complete understanding and actualization opens the door for transcendence, for Being to take consciousness further. You cannot let go of self until you completely have self. You cannot let go of your own will until you completely have your will. You cannot let go of love until you have love. That is the natural process of penetrating, of unveiling. If we remember that this is a process, that the actualization is at the same time a loss, a going beyond, that will help us to not get so frustrated and suffer so much.

Diamond Heart Book Four, pg. 154

He's referring to Inquiry. Specifically Fourth Way Inquiry called by some, esoteric Christianity.

IMG_0639.JPG

This is a strange book. A 700 page monster labyrinth that I found impossible to read front to back but provided some interesting picking around in and spot reading. (Disclaimer)- My memory of the takeaway from years ago could be way off from what it actually says,,,,, By some,  it would be a very heretical notion to say the least. Here it goes: The result of the historical Jesus produced the actual antichrist! Not in absolute terms but in the upside down manifestation of today's fundamentalist believers in Christ. "Dualistic Christians" of today's Christianity who in their imaginations (belief) cling to a dualistic fairytale version instead of a Teaching pointing to the transformation which results in the capacity for Christ Consciousness. Which he also associates with the second coming.  How heretical is that notion?!? Especially on the surface of the statement.

Has to be in the top 10 for all time most mellow albums. 

Get out of your head

Most who are reading this will be primarily in their head, if not actually stuck there and clueless to what I'm even saying. That sounds arrogant but it is what it is.

If you're sitting, sense the physicality of knees to feet and also the whole chest area.

If you're standing, sense the physicality of your feet, with all its nerve endings. Primarily the sensation of pressure and also sense the Hara at the same time, if standing.

Observe you're own Schadenfreude in a brutally honest way. Then forgive yourself.

Have a good day,,,

I've never really considered or pondered the possible infinity characteristic of other dimensions beyond the physical dimension . I even forget the latest number theorized about the number of dimensions existing. I think arrived at mathematically....? 

Then there is Time, whatever it is. I could see it as a dimension, in a way. Does it connect duality and nonduality through human lives lived?  Yes, I guess so and then some,,, Humans as meso or meta-bridge? Bridging dimensions?

Comments welcome,,,