Zigzag Idiot

Zigzag Idiot and the ladder of Objective Reason

1,796 posts in this topic

Sensing the body is key in separating thinking and feeling. Integration and embodiment happen together.

Alchemy and Integration

The fourfold nature of consciousness is a basic law. Knowledge of this law stretches back to the dawn of history. Evidence of the apprehension of the fourfold ness of our experience can be found in nearly every culture on Earth. In the West we have the tradition of the four elements arising in ancient Greece, if not before. Everything could be reduced to the four elements of earth, air, fire and water. Prematurity continued in Western traditions, both within Christianity and elsewhere. The basic symbol of Christianity, the cross, represents the four with one function emphasized, the feeling function of God as Love. 

IMG_0551.GIF

Even though the fourfold cross was the basic symbol of Christianity, Church doctrine favored the laws of the trinity (father/son/holy-ghost) over that of the maternity. In the West the most important traditions emphasizing the four continued outside of the church in the hidden or occult traditions such as magic and alchemy. The great twentieth- century psychologist Carl Jung has written extensively on the psychological nature of these occult traditions. He found that the psychological symbolism of the four elements was the basis of medieval alchemy. The Alchemists search for gold was actually a secret search for perfect integration of the four psychological functions. This spiritual quest had to be disguised as chemistry to avoid the inquisition.

From http://www.lawsofwisdom.com/course-overview/statement-of-the-law/laws-of-human-consciousness/

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

Ouuu good.

3 hours ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

The Alchemists search for gold was actually a secret search for perfect integration of the four psychological functions. This spiritual quest had to be disguised as chemistry to avoid the inquisition.

This reminds me of the following video:

I thought you mind find it interesting.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@tsuki Thanks!

Im watching it now,,,

Good.

Clip Martin Butler refers to in his podcast above.   Very good to ponder.

@tsuki I copied this paragraph from your quote in Sacred Space Journal. I'm thinking it could apply to what I put below. Any thoughts?

In trying to develop the will, the most fatal pitfall is to confuse will with the chauvinism of the ego. Will is not willpower, virility, obstinancy, or hardness. Will is unity of desire. Will expresses itself best against no resistance when its action passes unnoticed. Only when the mind is in a state of multiple desire do we witness the idiot agonizations of will-power. Pitting oneself against various oaths, abstentions, and tests is merely to set up conflicts in the mind. The will always manifests as the victory of the strongest desire, yet the ego reacts with disgust if its chosen desire fails. The magician therefore seeks unity of desire before he attempts to act. Desires are re-arranged before an act, not during it. In all things he must live like this. As reorganization of belief is the key to liberation, so is reorganization of desire the key to will.

From Carroll, Peter  J.. Liber Null & Psychonaut: An Introduction to Chaos Magic (p. 55). Red Wheel Weiser. Kindle Edition. 

Integration - Christian symbology - Alchemy  - Chaos Theory

Four functions of Consciousness work in conjunction with Four Chaos Attractors

In the Law of three, three forces manifests a new arising

Active Force                                         Thinking              Circuit attractor 

Passive Force                                       Feeling                Point attractor               Egoic Consciousness      

Neutralizing force                               Sensing               Torus attractor

New Arising    -                                     Willing                 Strange attractor          Being -Three Centered Knowing - Intuition

Thinking, Feeling, Sensing are all interchangeable acting as any of the three forces.

IMG_0551.GIF

Work in Progress. I'm playing,,,,

Comments welcome

When focusing on practicing mindfulness, DELIBERATE is my mantra, in a sense. Being deliberate seems to really capture the essence of mindfulness in a felt way.

The Intellectual Center has the slowest speed of the three centers. The Kings are very deliberate.

The Emotional Center is quicker. Which causes the angry word to be spoken before the Intellectual Center can have  influence.

The Instinctive/Moving Center is by far the quickest. A good Tennis player is an example. Even a better example is if the tennis player is being chased by a pack of pit bulls.

The quickest part of the Intellectual Center is called the formatory center and only gives stimulus response answers which can often be witty but most often are fairly shallow. The talking trees in Lord of the Rings to me are embodiments of the 'Kings' - the Intellectual Center as a whole.

IMG_0556.JPG

Some say that Brilliance can only come from essence and Being and not conditioned personality.

Don't be Identified - Be Identified - Don't be Identified 

Theres a contradiction that's rarely pointed out about embodiment. To be embodied is to be identified with whatever it is so thourghly that we can become an expression of it. Yet it is also the process and act of being identified that forms the whole basis of spiritual sleep. Like being identified with our persona or accumulated knowledge, lifestyle, personal history, Culture, Worldview, politics, etc.,.

This learning has been a part of my actualization over the last couple of years. Getting lost in adolescence and adulthood by way of fear, contraction and the hyper-neurotic condition which is the norm in modernity separated me from being at home in myself.  I had an experience of my belly center ( 3 lower chakras ) but not the full experience of being grounded there. It wasn't until after I had taken up a regular meditation practice and just as important, sensing practices that this long ago abandoned part of myself started to get rediscovered after abandonment around puberty.

Whats fascinating also is that the Instinctive/moving or belly center is my actual center of gravity.

Volition is the obvious key between being lost in identification and the act of embodiment. Thinking and feeling alone or together can't do it. It takes our 'sitting bull' Self grounded heavily in the body to be able to turn it on or turn it off.

My realization is that it takes the complete participation of the belly center to be or not to be.

On 30.04.2019 at 4:14 AM, Zigzag Idiot said:

I copied this paragraph from your quote in Sacred Space Journal. I'm thinking it could apply to what I put below. Any thoughts?

Not much, sorry. I'm glad that you found it the quote useful though.
Alchemy became relevant to me recently for some reason. The four elements map to three principles (Sulfur, Mercury, Salt), but this mapping is incomplete and it bothers me ^_^.

Air + Fire = Sulfur
Water + Air = Mercury
Water + Earth = Salt

Fire + Water = ???

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

22 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Alchemy became relevant to me recently for some reason. The four elements map to three principles (Sulfur, Mercury, Salt), but this mapping is incomplete and it bothers me ^_^.

Air + Fire = Sulfur
Water + Air = Mercury
Water + Earth = Salt

Fire + Water = ???

Edited 10 minutes ago by tsuki

I said it was a work in progress,,, ?

I go along with the idea that Alchemy is an Allegory for Individuation and Psychological integration.

Maybe you're not so convinced of that? 

34 minutes ago, tsuki said:

Fire + Water = ???

Life. 

There's a reason the earth is the perfect distance from the sun. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

13 minutes ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

Maybe you're not so convinced of that? 

I am definitely convinced of that. I'm starting to dabble in transformation of emotions.

26 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

There's a reason the earth is the perfect distance from the sun. 

It can sit in the Goldielocks zone for a Cosmic biological painfactory. ?

fire + water = a lot of steam/clouds

there is this fantastic german song from peter licht, i try to translate it’s lyrics essence:

and the himalaya, the old fart, it cooks also just with water.

Edited by now is forever

@now is forever Gonna have to ponder that one.  I have a lot of Solar essence in me which has a close correlation to dumb blondes. 

well yeah that was the third one, the first two are like that:

the gravity

is overestimated

no one needs it really

how you can obviously see in space

and the sun

cooks also just with water

it shouldn’t put on airs

yellow sow

and actually i confused the second and third one with each other the third one is:

and the himalaya 

the old fart 

i could get upset about it

sow

Edited by now is forever

@now is forever More pondering. I'll probably get it in a few hours. Actually , thought I almost had it. Then it slipped away.

I'm integrating my Colonel Kurtz with my Mr. Rogers.

Edited by Zigzag Idiot

@Zigzag Idiot I watched this video yesterday and I thought that you would enjoy it.

On 5/5/2019 at 1:41 AM, tsuki said:

@Zigzag Idiot I watched this video yesterday and I thought that you would enjoy it.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Martin Butler repeats what he describes as a kind of horrible quote- --

"Those who matter, don't complain. Those who complain, don't matter.

To me this says, feel everything, but don't become a Lunar-tic.