Zigzag Idiot

Zigzag Idiot and the ladder of Objective Reason

1,796 posts in this topic

Conscious suffering = a struggle between yes and no

Conscious suffering = sacrificing unnecessary suffering (complaining, making accounts against others, Identifications)

Conscious suffering results in growth of essence and Being.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

"The Love Religion has no Doctrine" - Rumi

This is one of my favorites.

do you know what he means with kaaba? the kaaba or the kabah... i just realized how interesting the history of this place is. and how symbolic the spiraling around it. but he refers to an inner space doesn’t he.

Edited by now is forever

@now is forever https://muslimmatters.org/2012/11/15/ten-things-you-didnt-know-about-the-kaaba/

It seems like Christian Contemplatives and Sufis have more in common with each other than they do with the fundamentalists of their religions. 

found this also very interesting - stumbled upon it while reading about the black stone in mekka. it’s kind of interesting i wonder why religious people get so angry about it? is it so bad? i mean christianity has to coap with the bunny at easter...

happy easter by the way - well it’s already for tomorrow. i‘m a heathen a pagan a barbar. i believe the moon is female. long live ostara.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allah_as_a_lunar_deity

Edited by now is forever

On 4/12/2019 at 8:54 PM, Zigzag Idiot said:
  On 1/21/2019 at 8:27 PM, Zigzag Idiot said:

Nonduality for Idiots

1+1= 2   Duality

2+1= 3   Nonduality

The new video made me realize my frame of reference about nonduality is dualistic!!

Remove Prescription glasses for better spiritual vision

I'm nearsighted enough that I need glasses to watch tv across a room. I noticed a few years ago that leaving my glasses off when I really don't need them is good for my mindfulness. Having fuzzed out vision it's easier to be in feeling state more than a thinking state of Consciousness. 

I'm reminded of a practice called : Sightless Gaze - one attends to ones total visual field as one diffuse, panoramic field of light, taking in everything without identifying or labelling the impressions as things or actions, good or bad, pleasant or unpleasant.

With glasses on and vision sharp, many more objects are competing for grabbing my attention. Going without glasses almost naturally brings about the Sightless Gaze practice. Especially when doing this new after it's been awaile The contrast from normal perception at first gives a great reference point (alarm clock) for remembering.to self observe and Self Remember also.

As yet, I've been unable to establish any routine with Yin yoga. 

In the past, establishing a good habit or routine has often been preceded by a length of time in which I would observe and suffer this part of myself unable to do. For instance, in quitting cigarettes. From the time I gave serious thought to quitting until I wholeheartedly stepped forward with intention was about 3 years. This is hard to explain but seems very much related to the idea of letting myself cook internally until there is more inner resolve.

6 hours ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

As yet, I've been unable to establish any routine with Yin yoga. 

In the past, establishing a good habit or routine has often been preceded by a length of time in which I would observe and suffer this part of myself unable to do. For instance, in quitting cigarettes. From the time I gave serious thought to quitting until I wholeheartedly stepped forward with intention was about 3 years. This is hard to explain but seems very much related to the idea of letting myself cook internally until there is more inner resolve.

or a higher resolution? it would fit the previous image of the sightless gaze. i also have my own name for the sightless gaze...as i did that since childhood. it was something my mom and sis told me i wouldn’t even have realized i was doing it - isn’t it funny. the sightless gaze forms vision. the sightless gaze is where nothingness appears.

did you stop smoking in the end?

7 hours ago, now is forever said:

did you stop smoking in the end?

I did.

Waiting until the inner feeling was right seemed to pay off. 3-4 weeks of hell and then a drop off in cravings after 3 months. Some craving still at a year. 

I may try using visualization of some kind to help me initiate a Yoga practice. Or discover the resistance,,,

7 hours ago, now is forever said:

i also have my own name for the sightless gaze....as i did that since childhood. it was something my mom and sis told me i wouldn’t even have realized i was doing it

Perhaps your/our intuitive ways for finding the quiet space,,,?

finding the quiet space - yes! although i like the cacadooing it’s really more fun with that :)

I barely had my eyes open and laying in bed when I typed out the following this morning:

Patriarchality = domination and imbalance of thinking over feeling

Patriarchality = domination through violence and fear

Patriarchality = domination over consciousness with religion through fear and guilt

Patriarchality = domination by alpha male cowardice alienated from Awakened Conscience and emotional intelligence 

2000 year Aquarian Age brings ???

I may have been pushing a button at those who emphasize the idea and value of the alpha male. I don't mean to completely demonize the idea of Patriarchy. It's actually been a good thing in a lot of ways but it's still greatly biased against women treating them as second class citizens. 

Romantic love and the idea of finding completeness through relationship seems to be a big trap. Especially in conjunction with the institution of marriage. Patriarchy in itself is neither good or bad, I guess. Same with marriage. The couples who seem to be making it work appear to value honesty and authenticity and respect for the other.

I'm thankful that I never got married. It wouldn't have given me what I thought it offered, as I saw it when in my twenties. For some people it does offer a satisfying life. But it never would have for me. This I can plainly see in hindsight.

Romantic love isn't really love. Infatuation and lust are a lot of fun but just a different form of roller coaster. Roller coasters can be a lot of fun though. 

Im really drawn to pondering large scale issues. Always have been. I could care less about any kind of organized sport.

Comments welcome.

P

IMG_0538.PNG    3 +3+3              =               9       

9+9 = 18       = 9 

6+2+9+1 = 18.= 1+8 = 9      +9.                                            = 18       18 reduces to     9

Edited by Zigzag Idiot

Two 3 minute videos

4 hours ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

Romantic love isn't really love. Infatuation and lust are a lot of fun but just a different form of roller coaster. Roller coasters can be a lot of fun though. 

it depends on what kind of concept romance is. women are romantic beings a lot of them, that’s why they fall into the romance trap so often. men, too, they fall in it by not realizing what romance really means - an act of selfless beauty - our society doesn’t understand that romance is not about the sex behind it as a goal, romance is romance and in itself self fulfilling a beautiful creation of tender poetic momentum.

Edited by now is forever

4 hours ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

I'm thankful that I never got married. It wouldn't have given me what I thought it offered, as I saw it when in my twenties. For some people it does offer a satisfying life. But it never would have for me. This I can plainly see in hindsight.

I wonder what a married Zigzag Idiot would say in retrospect.
Would he claim that it was a mistake, or would he see it as a vehicle for his growth?
It's a shame that life is but a sketch of a painting that is never made.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

4 hours ago, tsuki said:

I wonder what a married Zigzag Idiot would say in retrospect.
Would he claim that it was a mistake, or would he see it as a vehicle for his growth?
It's a shame that life is but a sketch of a painting that is never made.

Hard to say. ?‍♂️

Good chance I would be saying exactly the opposite of what I wrote.

The kingdom of Heaven is at hand and so is hell

In that awareness is curative, you're very fortunate if you understand what a pain body actually is. The world is full of people who are completely identified with their own personality and painbody. Being identified with the personality and the painbody insures they will not be observed.

Below is a small bit from the half article I posted by Eckart Tolle last week which concerns the painbody phenomena among family.

On 4/17/2019 at 8:47 PM, Zigzag Idiot said:

If there are other people around, preferably your partner or a close family member, the pain-body will attempt to provoke them–push their buttons, as the expression goes–so it can feed on the ensuing drama. Pain-bodies love intimate relationships and families because that is where they get most of their food. It is hard to resist another person’s pain-body that is determined to draw you into a reaction. Instinctively it knows your weakest, most vulnerable points. If it doesn’t succeed the first time, it will try again and again. It is raw emotion looking for more emotion. The other person’s pain-body wants to awaken yours so that both pain-bodies can mutually energize each other.

Some people carry dense pain-bodies that are never completely dormant. They may be smiling and making polite conversation, but you do not need to be psychic to sense that seething ball of unhappy emotion in them just underneath the surface, waiting for the next event to react to, the next person to blame or confront, the next thing to be unhappy about. Their pain-bodies can never get enough, are always hungry.

To have a close family member who is in this condition, deep in spiritual sleep, with a constantly active painbody can be very taxing. It has the potential to ruin lives but it can also open us up to deeper experiences of awareness and Love when understanding is present.

If one is emotionally triggered by a family member who has an active painbody, this signifies ones own remaining unprocessed painbody. In this way an expression of negative emotion can throw a marker where we have suppressed negativity to work and shed light on. Very often this will be an area of life in which there is a long history of being reactive and failures to stay centered. With enough awareness and resolve over time, understanding and healing are possible. 

People who feed on negativity are in deep suffering and mechanical behavior. They are not really responsible because they are asleep. A partial realization of this triggered an existential crisis of sorts in me a few years ago. It's hard to describe how dark and meaningless the world appeared to be at that time.

Barometers of Divine Love. Love with a big L.

If someone takes anything in a negative way, they are in spiritual sleep.

Reactivity and expressing negative emotion equals spiritual sleep.

Anytime you think something is wrong, you are in a form of spiritual sleep.

Two natural authentic non egoic attitudes - Peace and Joy.

"Nothing is wrong anymore." - Nisargadatta Maharaj

Ship of Fools

On my Ship of Fools one crew member/ego structure is a self appointed public relations Officer.

In Inquiry it's always inevitable that this guy gets ahold of the self-observations and turns it into a narrative here in the Journal or in other places before where I've shared the observations of my Inquiry. And definitely out in life interacting with a mix of everyone. This public relations guy will put a spin on just about anything which can be told in a way to make the ship and it's crew look good, He doesn't give a damn about Inquiry or the truth. It's one reason why I have to keep admitting to being a liar. Also when I become self righteous it makes me twice as much of a hypocrite. 

Theres a good number of the crew that just want to throw him overboard but I can't allow violence. There's another of the crew. One of the more milder ones onboard. Something funny is going on with him. When one of the hellraisers start going too far one day, From an unseen vantage point, I observed the mild guy just stand up and simply look at the rowdy but not say anything. The whole atmosphere amongst them immediately became calm and relaxed.

An analogy about psychological integration 

My grandmother would sometimes put her hearing aids in a drawer. I would walk by hours later and hear them echoing to each other with the batteries almost depleted. Because they weren't turned off, the second that she laid them in the drawer, the slight tap would be picked up by one and amplified through its little speaker and  would begin a chain reaction in which they would be "singing back and forth to one another in a continual chain reaction of sound.

This is comparable to monkey-mind and of being psychologically unintegrated. Before integration, thinking and feeling are entangled and constantly triggering one another. Integration involves disentangling thinking and feeling. Emotions which are negative are entangled thinking and feeling which can become stored as tensions in the body. Emotions which are positive come from a harmonious blend of thinking and feeling and are expressions of Love.

Psychological integration involves disentangling the intellectual-emotional complex to where they can then be consciously harmonized. This amounts to freedom in being in possession of ones own attention to direct consciously by an autonomous Will. Although this is a process which takes time, it occurs all at once. We can become still and quiet inside.