Zigzag Idiot

Zigzag Idiot and the ladder of Objective Reason

1,790 posts in this topic

Ok, I got you now. I've done that before,,,

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

3 hours ago, mandyjw said:

@Zigzag Idiot That's strange, I just cross-posted, I'm not that strict about posture mediating and even spend a lot of it with my legs hugged into my chest because my hips start to hurt so much. Today I carefully adjusted my posture and had some kind of kundalini energy event. I was googling to try to figure out what it was, ended up finding a thread back on THIS forum where the secret of the golden flower was mentioned. xD

I think I'll try alternating standing instead, I never thought to before.

I appreciate your openness in sharing and hope you have some luck with this. The following is one of my favorite resources concerning Kundalini. I've shared it before on here but it's been a while.

http://biologyofkundalini.com/

Last year I discovered Hans Wilhelm YouTubes. Speaking of synchronicities, I ran into this one again where he quotes Matt Kahn @ 8 :05 which I used as a signature line - "We have to bless the living crap out of everyone". I had never heard of Matt Kahn and didn't recognize the name for a couple of months while I binge watched Wilhelm's videos.

I'm only on page 11 of The Secret of the Golden Flower. I let my reading become sporadic sometimes. It doesn't help that I often get several books started at once,,,,,

By the way, I'm reminded of Bennett's Idiots In Paris, (great book) John tells how Gurdjieff instructed him to stand while sleep deprived and hold his arms out at at ninety degrees for several minutes as a concentration practice. I think sometimes up to half an hour or more. Can't remember exactly but it's mentioned in more than one place,,,, This book was created out of John and Elizabeth Bennetts personal diaries.

IMG_0714.JPG

Edited by Zigzag Idiot
Changed you to we in Matt Kahn quote.

Sometimes being sick is a relief. Since I read Maurice Nicoll's Psychological Commentaries back around 2012 I've observed something within myself. The majority of the time when I get a slight fever, the mind quitens down,,,,

As he put it, the instinctive center overtakes the intellectual center. The body then uses this energy for healing that would otherwise produce neurotic noise.

Also, I get a kick out of when my throat is affected and I develop an extremely bass voice. Its fun to just keep saying over and over - "Guns or knives Butch ?" Having a voice that looks like it should come from Harvey in Butch Cassidy.

"Guns or knives?"

Had an interesting thought a few hours ago and googled

-the sun is a nucleus of an atom

I feel that I understand a part of @tsuki and @Bill W enough to make this claim.

They appreciate and offer community. @ Ero expresses it well.

I think we are experiencing birth pains of bringing forth a more conscious community. Most of us came to this as lone wolves and unconsciously (or consciously) want to keep our old identity. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Yes I liked that thanks. I love these shorter videos that just cut to the chase and deliver the knock out punch early. Loved it. Great message ?

This is only speculative on my part but if you don't like reading then go get a job in a nursing home, to get Realization. If you have children then neither are required. You're already most of the way there,,,,

31 minutes ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

This is only speculative on my part but if you don't like reading then go get a job in a nursing home, to get Realization. If you have children then neither are required. You're already most of the way there,,,,

I should have added, just do two 20 minute sessions of Centering Prayer Meditation a day. It's a concentrated practice of letting go of thoughts.

Besides being an Idiot, my nature has been overburdened with false seriousness and so learning to laugh at everything has been a beneficial practice for me.

"Absence of joy is slow suicide." - Ocke de Boer

In order to help letting go of inner considering, I feel the need to point out my hyperbole and lying in the above post.

My remark about working in a nursing home was sincere but I have no practice that involves laughing about at everything.

I posted a critique by Cynthia Bourgeault on Ken Wilber's interpretation of the Trump phenomenon in High Consciousness Resources. This is around the time right after Trump was elected. A rich snippet.

Orange may be individualistic while green is pluralistic, but both are relying on the mental egoic operating system (“perception through differentiation”) to run their program; green’s “groups”, therefore, are merely “individuals writ large,” (which “co-exist,” not a new holonic unity [which “coalesces”]). Or another way of saying it: green is simply orange looking through a post-modern filter.

I see travel in my future.

IMG_0733.JPG

IMG_0728.JPG

Just out today from Ted Nottingham.

The link to his channel is in Higher Consciousness Resources under Top Christian Spiritual Resources.

There's a possibility that I may start getting gas lighted in a big way . In the near future. When controversy erupts and projections get made there is always a lot of confusion. Each of us can and must decide for ourselves. I'm just given a heads up in case.

I  referred to it as a possibility because from my own experience I've seen where we cast spells on ourselves very often. I don't know what's going to happen 5 minutes from now. But at the moment I feel trust.

On 8/31/2019 at 8:15 PM, Zigzag Idiot said:

This unlocked something in me, a reverse engineered kind of understanding.  Thank you.

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

I'm glad you found some meaning and benefit from it. Behind the idea of cultivating divided attention on a more regular basis helps to overcome the  'terrible plague' of becoming 'identified, as the term is used in spiritual work.

2 short ones that mesh with the first (#1) - 2 minutes and (#2) - 3 minutes