Zigzag Idiot

Zigzag Idiot and the ladder of Objective Reason

1,793 posts in this topic

This that we have now

Edited by Zigzag Idiot
Added 'that'

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

With some awakening/realization experiences, you know almost right away that you will not share it with anybody. Knowing that there is no way to describe the felt experience of it. Another thing is that you don't want to pollute the experience and make it cheap by trying to describe it. 

@Zigzag Idiot you must have had a really beautiful appointment in the heavenly realm. whatever it was , but you still wanted to share it - at least happiness can be shared ☀️

27 minutes ago, now is forever said:

@Zigzag Idiot you must have had a really beautiful appointment in the heavenly realm. whatever it was , but you still wanted to share it - at least happiness can be shared ☀️

?

?

?  

?

IMG_0569.JPG

mhhh - i guess i’m an an alphabetic in this case. it looks very mysterious though. i love the pink floyd prism. happy unbirthday, to you ?

forever 44

Edited by now is forever

2 minutes

My concentrating at times on the spiritual practice of not complaining or expressing negative emotion I'm afraid can sometimes easily be interpreted as preachy or self righteousness. Especially if you've been one who happens to be "in the soup" at the time. We all go into the soup periodically whether or not we want to admit it. Those who don't go there have usually have done so, so much in the past that they are beyond judgement of others in regard to this. 

Using one's expressing of negative emotion as a gauge of spiritual development is an honest indicator. It's usually not very flattering though because it's a tough thing to do and promoting this kind of assessment is never going to be widely popular.

The other day I used some emoticons in a post on my IPad and when I later read it on my I phone one of the emoticons showed up as a ♂️. Needless to say It changes the whole tone of a post. I had to go copy this one and couldn't even find one on my IPad. In case I've sent you a message recently and this symbol was typed in which made it seemed  peculiar,,,, now you know. I had forgotten about this but now I'm going back to try to figure out which one of the emoticons changes over different operating systems.

as long as it’s this kind of soup.

1DBA3E8E-BFD4-43FC-B608-8B83DA1378BA.jpeg

DD0DA3D4-9C97-4C4C-93B7-44C769B060A8.jpeg

couldn‘t find that sign inside, though.

Edited by now is forever

@now is forever Mmmmm that needs some cornbread with it,,,

I understand Matt Kahn better now. I get him.  Yesterday was a rich experience.

To be lighthearted is key in many ways.

To know means to know all. Not to know all means not to know. In order to know all, it is only necessary to know a little. But, in order to know this little, it is first necessary to know pretty much. (Gurdjieff)

A while back there was an insight/joke here on the Journal forum about spongebob being hung up spending 3 hours writing the word 'the'.  I've had a bad case of it lately. I thought writing about it might help me get past it. One reason for it is an avalanche of ideas coming together. The ingredients here are - the idea of shadow work, forgiveness and love as a focal point in practice, kenosis (letting go), metanoia (reversal), transformation in rebirth, unveiling of essential qualities, 3 Centered Awareness as the result of alchemy.

8 minutes ago, Zigzag Idiot said:

3 Centered Awareness as the result of alchemy.

This one is also very interesting for me. I have some insights on it and I will get to it eventually.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@tsuki Good! Cut loose when the Spirit moves you.

Besides what I mentioned above in helping lately to create a mental traffic jam, the idea of practicing unconditional love has also been bugging me. Particularly as it's concerned with others in ones life and their painbody. Echart Tolle has articulated well how painbodies are especially devilish in relation to those closest to us. Having a close relative or a friend who has an active painbody means that everything they know and also intuitively know about others will be utilized by their painbody in its business of being unhappy and picking fights. There is a genius quality in provoking others in sneaky ways when this is the case. Most of us know all too well the suffering caused by those closest to us.

Another idea to bring in here is that when under the spell of the painbody, people are completely asleep. They may be walking around and interacting successfully with the world but if they are in the game of blaming and finding fault with others or framing themseves as a victim of some kind. They're walking around spiritually asleep or spiritually dead. In other words they are not even responsible because they don't realize what they are doing.

What happens when people like this learn that you proclaim unconditional Love as a standard to live by? 

Their painbodies become as effective as any skilled, ambulance chasing dirty lawyer,  in twisting your words to use against you. The trouble is when you proclaim unconditional love as a personal standard to try and live by. If you do,,, this is what you invite. At the same time, you can't blame them. Not when you understand spiritual sleep.

So my idea is that the more loving thing one can do is to hold that standard but not tell it to the world. Follow the path of the sly man and not arm others painbody with a weapon to use against the well intentioned in the form of a lofty idea.

At the drop of a hat, my inner child can turn into a mean little shit.

@Zigzag Idiot I love you anyway. :x

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

9 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@Zigzag Idiot I love you anyway. :x

?‍♂️?

Leo's words say a lot but towards the end, the tears that well up speak additional volumes because they're tears produced by a full heart.

What it means to come home.

If our attention is scattered. We're not at home.

if the body isn't relaxed . We're not at home

Sometimes the lights are on but nobody is home.

It feels good to be at home. ??‍?

When people wake up, they have no startle response.

When the body is relaxed and the mind is quiet and present, we don't startle. There is no startle response. The startle response only appears in contracted beings.