GabeN

Why does a lot of people laugh hysterically when they get an awakening?

22 posts in this topic

Is it realising that nothing ultimately matters? Is it transcending the ego? Or realising there's no death? 

Curious about your opinions :)

Edited by GabeN

Cos nothingness is really really funny. :)

Remember when you used to laugh for no reason when you were a child? Like, everything was just hysterical? Same thing.

Edited by EvilAngel

Ive heard people say its so obvious that when it happens they laugh because they couldnt believe they were so deluded

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@GabeN Hi Gabe.

I like to use 2 examples, both which illustrate the same thing.

There are many videos online and you must have also had this for yourself where someone scares you from behind an object they were hiding.

You will immiditetly yell or scream, your heart rate goes up and you will be afraid but soon after when the realization kicks in that it was your sibling/friend whoever that just scared you, you might start to laugh yourself as well

another example, you see many pranks online? those candid camera pranks like just for laughs gags

they often present a very serious or awkward situation in which they person they are pranking is afraid, or quite serious or awkward about the whole thing because they think it's a "real" senario being played out infront of them

when it is revealed to them that it was just a sham/fun/prank the whole time, they burst out into laughter

awakening can be equated to that

a lot of awakenings resulting in laughter is of someone going thru deep deep depression or suffering

the moment they have the awakening it is almost as if they are being shown the camera that it was just a prank/for fun

they see the joke of life that it is nothing but a play

they see it to full realization beyond a doubt and similarly, laughter ensues

although, i should add, this laughter a A LOT more powerful than the standard laughters :) 

but you get the mechanics now 

example below, the video plays at a moment of revealing

Edited by SoonHei
video

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

Because you see It's very retarded that you can't find any source of your all sufferings/ego/thoughts/believes/YOU/identity/dreams/images. It's very fucking retarded and everything that you once thought has power over you i.e suffering/depression cannot be found. It's fucking retarded that you cannot find their existence once upon a time you had took them granted and suffered for them. This is retarded and funny to acknowledge. I had a few experiences of this.

Edited by non_nothing

I think its like that scenario where you've lost your phone and you go around looking for your phone for like 10 minutes with no success. And you're just like damn where the hell is my phone, only to realize you were holding it in your hand the whole time.

1 minute ago, SgtPepper said:

I think its like that scenario where you've lost your phone and you go around looking for your phone for like 10 minutes with no success. And you're just like damn where the hell is my phone, only to realize you were holding it in your hand the whole time.

Love it! :)

7 minutes ago, SgtPepper said:

if you wear eyeglasses... then consider that you were looking for your eyeglasses while you've been wearing them the whole time and forgot :) 

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

@Rilles I can imagine 

@SoonHei that is so true, I can only imagine the laughter one might have after realising the ultimate prank of life :)) 

When you have a massive realization it feels so obvious yet you were oblivious to it this whole time.

The laughter for me often comes from that dumbfounded "ah-ha!" moment.

Ha! The cosmic joke - you thought you were a person, in the universe! You thought you didn’t exist, and then you did! You thought you were separate! Thought is very funny. ?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@SgtPepper hahah happens...  I even had it in my hand once, then you wonder how unconscious one can be... 

@Nahm what do you mean by "thought I didn't exist" can you elaborate? :)

1 hour ago, EvilAngel said:

Cos nothingness is really really funny. :)

Remember when you used to laugh for no reason when you were a child? Like, everything was just hysterical? Same thing.

Is it not kind of the same of when you realize you're dreaming,
And the guy with a machete that pursues you, screaming at you that "I will kill you" and you're just like :

Ub-VXd.gif

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Laughter occurs when there is a certain release of pressure. Like when a joke builds up to a punch line, and suddenly at the peak it resolves and everything becomes obvious. Without the build-up, there would be no emotional release and laughter. 

With Enlightenment, you realize that you are not your own self anymore. You see thought the giant trick that your mind pulled on you. You take off the mask and discover reality. It is the ultimate punchline of life. There is nothing left but sit and laugh after you realized that you were never responsible for anything in your life, that everything is just happening on its own and that you are a part of that happening. :D

Edited by Arthur

"Beyond fear, destiny awaits" - Dune

@GabeN Before looking into things, I assumed I started existing when I was born. The cosmic joke says, not so much. It’s a ridulous notion really. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE