winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

4. Why should I care about politics, other than to not live in a tyrannical/oppressive world (which would also be of my imagining, but I don't imagine that will happen)..

5. What are the best questions I can ask myself ? 

6. Why am I trying to ask questions to define/further understand my own imagination when the truth is that I am alone?

7. How do you know when you're ready to be all alone aka stop dealing with imaginary beings, storylines, and roleplaying? I still want to have fun in imagination land and 'play video games' 

Thanks (me) 

Edited by LeoIsMe69

10 minutes ago, LeoIsMe69 said:

4. Why should I care about politics, other than to not live in a tyrannical/oppressive world (which would also be of my imagining, but I don't imagine that will happen)..

From the spiritual standpoint, it's not that you either 'should' or 'shouldn't' but that you should be honest about what you do care about. If you do emotionally care about politics, pursue it. If you don't, don't. But the point is to be emotionally honest.

5. What are the best questions I can ask myself ?

"Who am I?" Engage in self-inquiry per my guide.

Why am I trying to ask questions to define/further understand my own imagination when the truth is that I am alone?

Because you don't fully understand the meaning of your being alone.

How do you know when you're ready to be all alone aka stop dealing with imaginary beings, storylines, and roleplaying? I still want to have fun in imagination land and 'play video games' 

Pursue what it is what you emotionally want to pursue, only try to engage in self-inquiry, read spiritual texts, and understand the higher reality while you're doing it.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

@winterknight In one of your linked pages you wrote "Surrender is letting go of all your desire for things to be other than the way they are".  When one surrenders to thought, does one surrender to the fact that the thought is happening, or surrender to the content of the thought? For instance, if someone thinks "There is no hope" -- do they surrender to the thought that there is no hope, or surrender to the fact that they're thinking such a thought? I hope I'm making sense.

24 minutes ago, StephenK said:

@winterknight In one of your linked pages you wrote "Surrender is letting go of all your desire for things to be other than the way they are".  When one surrenders to thought, does one surrender to the fact that the thought is happening, or surrender to the content of the thought? For instance, if someone thinks "There is no hope" -- do they surrender to the thought that there is no hope, or surrender to the fact that they're thinking such a thought? I hope I'm making sense.

Neither. Surrender just means you relax the muscle of the mind — the only effort remaining being to stay in that relaxation. There’s no “surrender to” any more than when you relax your arm you’re “relaxing it to” something. You’re just relaxing it. Whatever thoughts occur, occur, but you’re not putting any voluntary deliberate mental effort into anything. 

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

I was doing self-inquiry earlier while lying down. There was a strange instance where I found myself just staring at what was in front of me, not planned out at all (my eyes just felt a need to open gradually on their own). 

The objects that I observed didn’t disappear or change at all, but rather I felt like my relationship with what a I was aware of changed noticeably. It felt as if I was hyper-focused, but at the same time almost like a vegetative state if that analogy makes sense.

What struck/concerned me, though, was my eyes weren’t blinking at all for a good while. I used to have this kind of behavior when I was around 2 years old (we have old videos of me) Same thing, I would just stare at what’s in front of me and not move my head at all. I think it’s worth mentioning, but I was diagnosed with Asperger’s a few years ago; so they didn’t know back when I was 2 why I was exhibiting a few unusual behaviors like that. 

Is this “staring” phenomenonI I explained something that I should be concerned about? Why did I have no desire to blink for such a long time (whereas if I tried it right now it would probably be impossible)?

I tried my best to be as open and curious about this experience as best I could by asking myself “who is staring?” and similar questions that I honestly forgot about. I didn’t get any verbal answer in my mind, and that hyper-aware + vegetative state remained predominantly (with some monkey chatter in my mind, but much less “loud” or ongoing). 

13 minutes ago, AlldayLoop said:

I was doing self-inquiry earlier while lying down. There was a strange instance where I found myself just staring at what was in front of me, not planned out at all (my eyes just felt a need to open gradually on their own). 

The objects that I observed didn’t disappear or change at all, but rather I felt like my relationship with what a I was aware of changed noticeably. It felt as if I was hyper-focused, but at the same time almost like a vegetative state if that analogy makes sense.

What struck/concerned me, though, was my eyes weren’t blinking at all for a good while. I used to have this kind of behavior when I was around 2 years old (we have old videos of me) Same thing, I would just stare at what’s in front of me and not move my head at all. I think it’s worth mentioning, but I was diagnosed with Asperger’s a few years ago; so they didn’t know back when I was 2 why I was exhibiting a few unusual behaviors like that. 

Is this “staring” phenomenonI I explained something that I should be concerned about? Why did I have no desire to blink for such a long time (whereas if I tried it right now it would probably be impossible)?

I tried my best to be as open and curious about this experience as best I could by asking myself “who is staring?” and similar questions that I honestly forgot about. I didn’t get any verbal answer in my mind, and that hyper-aware + vegetative state remained predominantly (with some monkey chatter in my mind, but much less “loud” or ongoing). 

Nope, nothing to be concerned about. Was it peaceful?

There are all kinds of states that can happen when doing self-inquiry, and the response to all of them is the same: if a question about them arises, or any dissatisfaction, turn your attention to the light by which you are aware of these things. It isn’t necessarily a verbal question that’s needed (though it’s fine to use it if you want)... it’s a turning of attention to notice the one that is noticing. 

13 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Nope, nothing to be concerned about. Was it peaceful?

It was peaceful relative to the previous times I’ve entered into a similar state like this. Before I would not be able to even inquire about it; I would immediately start to panic. For example, a month ago I was lying down with my eyes closed, and all of a sudden it felt as if “myself was disappearing”. I literally jumped out of the bed and ran to the bathroom. 

The big issue I am becoming aware of now is that my ego will Immediately claim these experiences for itself after they subside... “yes, I’m so special, look what I was able to do. I’m a 1 in a million hot shot baby!”. Okay... I don’t actually say like that exactly, but you get the point O.o. However, this ego high is followed by obsessive thinking and analyzing the experience with my mind nonstop until I distract myself with the usual human activities again. 

As an aside, I will also say that I’m about 3 months consistent into my SSRI treatment; I feel like my mind is much more stable compared to when I’m not on it. For many years, though, I had a battle with myself on whether or not I really needed to be on them. I would start them, quit after only 1-2 months, get back on then a few months later when my anxiety hits rock bottom, then quit again thinking I don’t need them again, etc., etc. 

As you probably already know there is a  stigma with being on these pills. Should me depending on an SSRI have any influence on the awakening process? My ego keeps trying to convince me that being on them is going to stunt my spiritual growth, even though in my own direct experience it seems to be doing quite the opposite. What is your take on this? I know it’s tricky me asking you about medical advice, but if I explained everything I just did just now psychiatrist he might take me into a mental ward right then and there xD

That aside, I called the psychoanalysis place you referred me to this morning. I will have an appointment soon ^_^

1 hour ago, AlldayLoop said:

As you probably already know there is a  stigma with being on these pills. Should me depending on an SSRI have any influence on the awakening process? My ego keeps trying to convince me that being on them is going to stunt my spiritual growth, even though in my own direct experience it seems to be doing quite the opposite. What is your take on this? I know it’s tricky me asking you about medical advice, but if I explained everything I just did just now psychiatrist he might take me into a mental ward right then and there xD

That aside, I called the psychoanalysis place you referred me to this morning. I will have an appointment soon ^_^

Great :). SSRIs shouldn't be a problem, but as always, look to your own individual circumstance -- your direct experience tells you that it doesn't hurt your spiritual growth. That's what's important. Listen to yourself, observe your own experience, and think. 

@winterknight Sometimes when I go to do a self-inquiry session (in silence; without doing anything else), spontaneous insights about why I behave in certain ways or where it stems from arise in a verbal, but very clear form. I think they sometimes also arise when I find myself reliving past events and then I have an “aha!” moment where I’m able to connect the dots. The insights are profound in that I never get them this deep when I’m in my regular monkey-mind waking state.

Should I just let go the insight and inquire who is aware of it... because I get really tempted to write down that insight. I do convince myself to wait until the session is over, but then I forget about the insight :/ 

Edited by AlldayLoop

6 minutes ago, AlldayLoop said:

@winterknight Sometimes when I go to do a self-inquiry session (in silence; without doing anything else), spontaneous insights about why I behave in certain ways or where it stems from arise in a verbal, but very clear form. I think they sometimes arise when I find myself reliving past events and then I have an “aha!” moment where I’m able to connect the dots. The insights are profound in that I never get these kinds of insights when I’m in my regular monkey-mind waking state.

Should I just let go the insight and inquire who is aware of it... because I get really tempted to write down that insight. I do convince myself to wait until the session is over, but then I forget about the insight :/ 

You can write them down, no problem. Self-inquiry has to be taken anyway from when you do it while doing nothing else to something that you do every waking moment. It is compatible with every other activity. While you are writing, put your attention on who that writing experience is occurring to.

What’s your take on Leo’s comment about you? 

Thought it’d be fair that you knew about this, if you didn’t already ^_^

He made a video explaining his awakening to this. It’s 48 minutes long, but I think it’s worth your time watching since this is making a lot of people confused on here (I say confused because the Absolute Love topic has 200+ posts in less than a week). 

Leo’s claim is that becoming awakened to your true nature is just one out of many facets of this work to become conscious of, and that you’re not fully awake until you are. Do you care to explore about this “Absolute Love”? Does it matter to you that you’re supposedly “not fully awake”?

Edited by AlldayLoop

10 minutes ago, AlldayLoop said:

What’s your take on Leo’s comment about you? 

Thought it’d be fair that you knew about this, if you didn’t already ^_^

He made a video explaining his awakening to this. It’s 48 minutes long, but I think it’s worth your time watching since this is making a lot of people confused on here (I say confused because the Absolute Love topic has 200+ posts in less than a week). 

Leo’s claim is that becoming awakened to your true nature is just one out of many facets of this work to become conscious of, and that you’re not fully awake until you are. Do you care to explore about this “Absolute Love”? Does it matter to you that you’re supposedly “not fully awake”?

In my opinion 'awakening to different facets' of things (including love, as if it's something separate) is a big confusion. There's a single truth (and not even that), which goes beyond concepts, people, facets, angles, degrees, etc.

Though other people are free to believe what they want. 

Edited by winterknight

@winterknight I really commend you for that honest response. 

I am going to now introspect and be on an indefinite hiatus from posting on this forum about enlightenment questions because this is a lot, if not too much information I’m trying to take in at once.

It feels like being awarded a lifetime pass to an all-you-can-eat buffet that you could enter at any time, but instead I’m lost in imagining how tasty the food will be and what kinds of foods will be served. 

I will PM you if I have any serious doubts or concerns (:

Thanks again!

1 hour ago, winterknight said:

In my opinion 'awakening to different facets' of things (including love, as if it's something separate) is a big confusion. There's a single truth (and not even that), which goes beyond concepts, people, facets, angles, degrees, etc.

Though other people are free to believe what they want. 

would you say that there is no such thing as spiritual progression-degrees and that all matters of comparison-measurement-progression-degrees are purely thought-self's attempts at self-feeding?

Do you think "picking up" energy around people is a thing? So my question is this... can you spread mental illness/delusion or a disorder to an unconscious person by simply being around them and spending time with them? I mean from a social standpoint I can see it through being a negative person in your speech, not giving the proper feedback back to that person and being a cold and uncaring person which can rub off on someone and put them in a bad mood or also shape their viewpoint if they are a kid but can you share specific issues with another person? I ask because someone told me you can catch mental illness and specific problems by just spending a lot of time with a person and it seems like a bunch of BS to me but I can see how spending time with low conscious people can keep you there if you are at that level but the specifics of what you then do from your low conscious place and the suffering you make is then determined by your own perspective specifically. 

Edited by SunnyNewDay

2 hours ago, robdl said:

would you say that there is no such thing as spiritual progression-degrees and that all matters of comparison-measurement-progression-degrees are purely thought-self's attempts at self-feeding?

Yes

1 hour ago, SunnyNewDay said:

Do you think "picking up" energy around people is a thing? So my question is this... can you spread mental illness/delusion or a disorder to an unconscious person by simply being around them and spending time with them? I mean from a social standpoint I can see it through being a negative person in your speech, not giving the proper feedback back to that person and being a cold and uncaring person which can rub off on someone and put them in a bad mood or also shape their viewpoint if they are a kid but can you share specific issues with another person? I ask because someone told me you can catch mental illness and specific problems by just spending a lot of time with a person and it seems like a bunch of BS to me but I can see how spending time with low conscious people can keep you there if you are at that level but the specifics of what you then do from your low conscious place and the suffering you make is then determined by your own perspective specifically. 

I wouldn’t worry about it

Just here to wish everyone here a life full of love.

@winterknight deserves a whole heap of it with how supportive and unshakable his abidance in the Self is. Respect and Love. 

Follow his voice and he'll guide you there. 

@SoonHei Long live Winterknight indeed. Suddenly language is no longer a barrier. Love is universal and i perfectly understand you.  Zendebaad shovalie barfi!