winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,534 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Good-boy said:

Do you think it is possible for an individual with ocd, bipolar disorder and addiction attain enlightenment?

I mean addiction and lower neurotic behaviour run in their genes. 

Yes, if there is a strong desire for it.


Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

nvm

Edited by Mu_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@winterknight  Hello winterknight, I have 2 questions. 

I read that you once said something in the lines of „psychedelics users often just chase mystical states“. Could you elaborate on that point? For example what is the main difference between meditation/yoga and psychedelic approaches.

When I am trying to overcome negative emotions, I am trying to dissect the sensation in the body and the thought about it and then it kind of redirects my awareness to a more peaceful state. But also, there is this part of understanding emotions and psychoanalysis, how does it really help?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bejapuskas said:

@winterknight  Hello winterknight, I have 2 questions. 

I read that you once said something in the lines of „psychedelics users often just chase mystical states“. Could you elaborate on that point? For example what is the main difference between meditation/yoga and psychedelic approaches.

Well, someone else actually said that, and I said that might happen sometimes. Psychedelics give you mystical experiences, but enlightenment is not a mystical experience. Mystical experiences start and stop. They end. Enlightenment is about something that never ends, and in fact that is already the case right now.

Quote

 

When I am trying to overcome negative emotions, I am trying to dissect the sensation in the body and the thought about it and then it kind of redirects my awareness to a more peaceful state. But also, there is this part of understanding emotions and psychoanalysis, how does it really help?

 

Psychoanalysis is a specific kind of therapy that helps people deal with their unconscious baggage. It quiets the mind so that you can engage in self-inquiry with more continuous focus and intensity. Understanding emotions - same deal. Otherwise your unconscious issues will keep coming up and bothering you and prevent you from inquiring.


Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mu_ said:

nvm

what made you change your mind?


''Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather''

- Bill Hicks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are your thoughts on nature?  People often ascribe some sort of spiritual significance to nature.  How do you see it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do all gods lack of ?


“Hell is empty and all the devils are here.” x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Beginner Mind said:

What are your thoughts on nature?  People often ascribe some sort of spiritual significance to nature.  How do you see it?

It's spiritually significant only inasmuch as it can, for some people, quiet their minds temporarily... and maybe give them a glimpse of their underlying nature. Other than that, there's nothing extra special about 'nature' as compared to anything else. Or really, everything is nature, including culture. Humans create culture as naturally as spiders build webs.

3 hours ago, Aeris said:

What do all gods lack of ?

I don't understand. Can you rephrase this question?


Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just had a bit of a scary experience while listening to one of @Leo videos on what reality is.

I felt completely alone and for a moment I started to experience what I think was "source." It is a sort of empty feeling where I felt absolutely  alone and like nothing else existed except what I was directly then, mind was almost silent, there was no time, only felt this way before on psychadelics. Lasted about 3 seconds. Pulled myself out of it cause I don't think I'm ready to push, intensify and explore these experiences too hard. 

Any ideas or thoughts on such an experience?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, winterknight said:

 

How can you be so sure that you're enlightened ?

If all ideas are delusion does it makes your idea of enlightment real ?

Is the non aware enlightened aswell to the master ? 

What kind of power enlightment has given you ?

Could I say that enlightenment is a perpetual process. Or that is corruption of the meaning ?

Did you take any form of egoic pleasure from this kind of work ?

What is the point for you to speak to the non-enlightened ? 

Am I enlightened ? If not what should I do ?

 

Edited by Aeris

“Hell is empty and all the devils are here.” x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

What is God? 

How is creation possible? 

What is the reason behind creation?

Description of The Void? 

What is Consciousness? 

What is perception? 

What is time? 

What is space? 

Origin of Consciousness? 

What is limitation? 

Edited by zeroISinfinity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, SunnyNewDay said:

I just had a bit of a scary experience while listening to one of @Leo videos on what reality is.

I felt completely alone and for a moment I started to experience what I think was "source." It is a sort of empty feeling where I felt absolutely  alone and like nothing else existed except what I was directly then, mind was almost silent, there was no time, only felt this way before on psychadelics. Lasted about 3 seconds. Pulled myself out of it cause I don't think I'm ready to push, intensify and explore these experiences too hard. 

Any ideas or thoughts on such an experience?

Sounds like it was a glimpse of the truth. Doesn't change the need to follow the path by learning, purifying the emotions by getting therapy, etc. & doing self-inquiry.

17 minutes ago, Aeris said:

How can you be so sure that you're enlightened ?

If all ideas are delusion does it makes your idea of enlightment real ?

Is the non aware enlightened aswell to the master ? 

What kind of power enlightment has given you ?

Could I say that enlightenment is a perpetual process. Or that is corruption of the meaning ?

Did you take any form of egoic pleasure from this kind of work ?

What is the point for you to speak to the non-enlightened ? 

Am I enlightened ? If not what should I do ?

 

I don't speak about my own experience because it's always misleading. Enlightenment doesn't give powers or anything like that.

It sounds like you need some of the basics of enlightenment -- like why you would believe in it, and what it even is. I'd recommend reading my book as a start. If you read it and have questions, let me know.

13 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

What is God? 

How is creation possible? 

What is the reason behind creation?

Description of The Void? 

What is Consciousness? 

What is perception? 

Same advice to you. Get the basics of an intellectual framework. Read my book and then some other books on my recommended reading list. Giving you one-sentence answers to these kinds of massive philosophical questions here is not going to help you much.


Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you give answer atleast on this question? 

 What God is?

It is quite simple answer if you are enlightened. There is no need for "intellectual" and philosophical answer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Can you give answer atleast on this question? 

 What God is?

It is quite simple answer if you are enlightened. There is no need for "intellectual" and philosophical answer. 

God is what is when you stop thinking.


Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

during a day asking who i am is same effective as sitting in meditation pose and doing self inquiry?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, sidaz10 said:

during a day asking who i am is same effective as sitting in meditation pose and doing self inquiry?

self inquiry should be done at all waking moments, not just in sitting meditation. Sitting meditation is only useful at the very beginning, just for a little practice.

And 'asking who am I' is not really anything -- self-inquiry is tracing the I feeling. Read my guide very carefully and follow it.

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No mind state achieved.. Ok empty perception with no cognition. 

But somehow it Just feels it is not IT

What are sensations? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

18 minutes ago, zeroISinfinity said:

Who am I ask you this questions? 

 

you aren’t who you think you are

you aren’t who I think you are 

you are who you think i think you are 

9_9

 

Edited by DrewNows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.