winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,474 posts in this topic

@winterknight

3 minutes ago, winterknight said:

end of self-inquiry will be to know that one was already That, even without self-inquiry.

I see you i would agree 

so why do you call it an illusion, when you know it is not an illusion? 

do you just do this because of the teachings you learned from 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Aakash you must discover it is an illusion before you can discover that it's not :x


We must not cease from exploration and at the end of all our exploring will be to arrive at the place where we began and to know the place for the first time.       --T.S Eliot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@Aakash you must discover it is an illusion before you can discover that it's not :x

@Inliytened1 Nice.  It is neither real nor unreal.   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@winterknight

I see you i would agree 

so why do you call it an illusion, when you know it is not an illusion? 

do you just do this because of the teachings you learned from 

The idea that there is separation or ignorance isn't true, yet it certainly seems true to seekers. The fact that it seems that way but isn't is the illusion.

Wait, didn't you decide you were not going to be posting on the forum for two months?


Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@winterknight God can change his mind xD


We must not cease from exploration and at the end of all our exploring will be to arrive at the place where we began and to know the place for the first time.       --T.S Eliot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

@winterknight Shit happens bro, my whole devilish side got destroyed by consciousness xD

my whole mind got destroyed aswell , it can not locate consciousness xD

plus, yeah man. I never expected to become enlightened basically in the last 2 hours LOL 

i recontextualised my understanding of things and realised what you said was right 

but i was confused about your understanding 

until you said to the seeker it is an illusion. 

Which means you understand that there is no such thing as illusion or real, You are in the mid point of duality. 

The collapse of all duality. 

it is neither. 

but i apologise, i never knew the extent to a complete enlightened state, i also couldn't scale the difference between other beings claimed to be enlightened, the way they talked and why they were so different to the way you talked. 

Also your presence was very different. so yeah, its my bad for not being able to scale you into my model. 

@Inliytened1 i come in peace, there will be no more war for now LOL. i promise

Edited by Aakash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@cetus56 @Inliytened1 @winterknight

wait give me 10 minutes, i'm not expressing myself correctly, i would like to do it accurately with love. 

So wait! i need to find a picture to express what i really mean. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Sorry i had to type it up from one of leo's videos 

This is what is in my direct experience and has lead me to no mind. The collapse of all qualities by seeing every "thing" is anakantavada

Anakantavada

All the following seven predicates must be accepted as true for a cooking pot

1)      From a certain point of view, the pot exists

2)      From a certain point of view, the pot does not exist

3)      From a certain point of view, the pot exists and does not exist

4)      From a certain point of view, the pot is inexpressible

5)      From a certain point of view, the pot both exists and is inexpressible

6)      From a certain point of view, the pot both does not exist and is inexpressible

7)      From a certain point of view, the pot exists, does not exist and is also inexpressible

So overall you get no-thing-ness by not being able to distinguish anything with the mind, (no mind) 

We are all in agreeance yes? 

 

Edited by Aakash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Aakash best thing you said all day.


We must not cease from exploration and at the end of all our exploring will be to arrive at the place where we began and to know the place for the first time.       --T.S Eliot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@winterknight  Thank you for sharing your wisdom. I recently viewed some of your videos, and tried to follow the self-inquiry technique. But it all feels so vague, and I have this feeling of being perpetually lost, with nothing to hold on to. I don't even know if I'm any closer to Truth than I was before, or if I'm just deluding myself.

In the initial self-inquiry stages, I'm sort of able to latch on to the "I" feeling --> realize that's not me --> dig deeper. But once I try to go deeper than the mind, I seem to stall, it's so difficult to get past the mind. Is there any method to circumvent this? Am I doing something wrong? There appears to be nothing past the mind, or am I not looking intensely enough?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Aakash indeed as i have said many times in past conversations that reality is absolutely relative.  And the Absolute is both the Absolute and the relative and the Absolute.

Oneness makes it indistinguishable.

But let's not derail this thread


We must not cease from exploration and at the end of all our exploring will be to arrive at the place where we began and to know the place for the first time.       --T.S Eliot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Vignesh Pagadala said:

@winterknight  Thank you for sharing your wisdom. I recently viewed some of your videos, and tried to follow the self-inquiry technique. But it all feels so vague, and I have this feeling of being perpetually lost, with nothing to hold on to. I don't even know if I'm any closer to Truth than I was before, or if I'm just deluding myself.

In the initial self-inquiry stages, I'm sort of able to latch on to the "I" feeling --> realize that's not me --> dig deeper. But once I try to go deeper than the mind, I seem to stall, it's so difficult to get past the mind. Is there any method to circumvent this? Am I doing something wrong? There appears to be nothing past the mind, or am I not looking intensely enough?

Who is it that is noticing that there is a stalling? At every point when you find yourself stuck or unable to go further or dig deeper, or whatever -- aren't you aware of this fact? You are. 

So try to point your attention to this "I" that is aware of it. You have to try and try and try.

And do it in the context of the larger path -- read up and get an intellectual framework and also grow more honest about what you want.  Without that, self-inquiry will be far more difficult than it needs to be.


Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, winterknight said:

Who is it that is noticing that there is a stalling? At every point when you find yourself stuck or unable to go further or dig deeper, or whatever -- aren't you aware of this fact? You are. 

So try to point your attention to this "I" that is aware of it. You have to try and try and try.

And do it in the context of the larger path -- read up and get an intellectual framework and also grow more honest about what you want.  Without that, self-inquiry will be far more difficult than it needs to be.

Of course, I was struggling, but was aware of the fact, so who was actually aware of that? Jesus Christ! That makes a lot of sense.

That's a lot of reading right there, I will try to check it out. Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If suffering is a misconception, is the same also true about peace, joy and other pleasureable sensations? 


"The narcissist becomes one with everything, because the narcissist is everything and everything is the narcissist" -Sam Vaknin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, winterknight said:

Yup

Do you feel good when enlightened? Do you feel anything?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SunnyNewDay said:

Do you feel good when enlightened? Do you feel anything?

That depends on what you mean by "I" and "feel" and "good" and "anything." 

The truth is that the truth about the experience of enlightenment can never be expressed in words, which is why I try not to answer questions about this point. 


Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When one surrenders, what exactly are they surrendering to?  God's Will?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beginner Mind said:

When one surrenders, what exactly are they surrendering to?  God's Will?

You can think of it that way if you want, but the reality is that it doesn't matter what you're surrendering to. Surrender means letting the mind go absolutely relaxed, not worrying about changing anything, going anywhere, intending anything, thinking anything. Not even worrying about watching. Resisting neither action nor inaction.

Just -- going utterly slack mentally.


Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now