winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,534 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Aakash said:

@SoonHei @winterknight  

Yeah my whole life makes sense now thanks 

so basically the only thing enlightenment offers is truth of true self and peace? is this an accurate statement

Strictly speaking there are no accurate statements that may be made about enlightenment


Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@winterknight yeah i've had a 20 minute experience of it just 30 minutes ago. It made me understand the limitations of all teachings and words. 

it doesn't offer truth because it is mysterious itself, nothing can be said about it with 100% accuracy. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Aakash you cannot say enlightenment offers this/that or only truth + peace or just truth or just peace. 

it may also offer a vision. or laughter or nothing.

point is. you know this statement to be true: you cannot capture enlightenment in a concept. and as WinterSoilder said: 

16 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Strictly speaking there are no accurate statements that may be made about enlightenment

why then are you Aakash trying so hard to understand it with a concept?

 

each time you see yourself doing this, remind yourself this: I am trying to taste something I have not eaten by reading about it. reading will not make me taste it.

in other words, it is not possible. you must eat it to taste it. or smell it to know it's fragrances. words can only do so much.

 

 

also this:

 


Just Be Nice
♥Love Is The Answer!
 http://www.instagram.com/Ev3rSunny 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

@SoonHei @winterknight yeah i've had a 20 minute experience of it just 30 minutes ago. It made me understand the limitations of all teachings and words. 

it doesn't offer truth because it is mysterious itself, nothing can be said about it with 100% accuracy. 

Thanks all my existential questions have been answered. 

It's a passion a hobby :)  I love modelling absolute infinity. It will probably continue 

However, i won't be here to see it xD

 

Edited by Aakash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, Aakash said:

@SoonHei @winterknight . 

Thanks all my existential questions have been answered. 

Until...the next imaginary SD stage rainbow or white or whatever becomes the new buzz among the mental masturbator community:ph34r:

😂

Edited by Preetom

''Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather''

- Bill Hicks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

@winterknight

Interested in your take on this verse from drik drishshya viveka.

"When identification with the body disappears

And the supreme Self is known,

Wherever the mind goes

There is the experience of samadhi(perfection)"

 

Edited by Preetom

''Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather''

- Bill Hicks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@winterknight Hello! Question :

I know it's mental mastrubation but bear with me.. 

 

So why is it that I feel consciousness is radiating from particular body - "mind point, which is my point of view, why this particular body-mind? Why is it that my experiences are not your experiences? Even if you are enlightened, you still exist in your own bubble, you can not enter my bubble, by bubble I mean life experience (can be thought as story too I guess). I can I fact understand this misconception of thinking you're just this mind body, but my I can't understand why the consciousness appears to radiate from this particular (my) body mind, is it perhaps mystery? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Preetom said:

@winterknight

Interested in your take on this verse from drik drishshya viveka.

"When identification with the body disappears

And the supreme Self is known,

Wherever the mind goes

There is the experience of samadhi(perfection)"

Well it's just yet another way of saying the same unsayable thing, namely, that when the veil of ignorance constructed by body identification is pierced, the mind is then 'seen' consistently in the context of its Background. That background is Peace, "brahma rasa," (the taste of the ultimate/aesthetic bliss), the 'experience of pure being,' etc. It's what Ramana Maharshi calls sahaja samadhi; it's equivalent to what he says when he says he sees only the Self.

Or is there some other aspect of this that you're wondering about?

4 hours ago, Nemo28 said:

@winterknight Hello! Question :

I know it's mental mastrubation but bear with me.. 

 

So why is it that I feel consciousness is radiating from particular body - "mind point, which is my point of view, why this particular body-mind? Why is it that my experiences are not your experiences? Even if you are enlightened, you still exist in your own bubble, you can not enter my bubble, by bubble I mean life experience (can be thought as story too I guess). I can I fact understand this misconception of thinking you're just this mind body, but my I can't understand why the consciousness appears to radiate from this particular (my) body mind, is it perhaps mystery? 

Right. So you can view this particular mystery two ways. Either you can say: it's something that simply cannot be understood by the human mind, but that God alone can understand. That's one way of putting it.

Another way is, if you pursue self-inquiry to its 'end,' then you will dissolve the ground on which this question stands. The question itself will turn out to be unaskable or in some sense incoherent.


Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, winterknight said:

Well it's just yet another way of saying the same unsayable thing, namely, that when the veil of ignorance constructed by body identification is pierced, the mind is then 'seen' consistently in the context of its Background. That background is Peace, "brahma rasa," (the taste of the ultimate/aesthetic bliss), the 'experience of pure being,' etc. It's what Ramana Maharshi calls sahaja samadhi; it's equivalent to what he says when he says he sees only the Self.

Or is there some other aspect of this that you're wondering about?

Nah makes sense. Thank you :D

 


''Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the weather''

- Bill Hicks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@winterknight I read the website you linked, it's very good and the info resonate with me. Okay, I see that 'I am" is just a thought and there is dimension deeper than that, I can I fact rest in that peace, where nothing is lacking, but yes, the mind comes in and starts to ask questions, gets dissatisfied, cause it has desires. It asks for supernatural things, it desires unexplainable, yet to mind everything seems logical, reasonable and can be explained by thinking, connecting dots. I want to fly like superman in this reality, make fire from my bare hands, fly dragon across sky etc.. But I can't fulfill those desires simply because they are impossible to do. I know it's just my mind creating all these phantasies, yet how can I rest in the Self if the mind still feels dissatisfied and asks for these miracles? Do you think that even if those miracles would be fulfilled I still wouldn't be satisfied, is it really hamster wheel? I imagine enlightenment is ability to detach from my body - mind and enter another body, like yours for e. g. But if that could be possible I would be you. In a way I guess it is happening, just not in my experience, cause the nature of mind is to radiate from first person (one point) view. So if I wanted to become you, I would have to dissaper.. Is it true? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nemo28 said:

@winterknight I read the website you linked, it's very good and the info resonate with me. Okay, I see that 'I am" is just a thought and there is dimension deeper than that, I can I fact rest in that peace, where nothing is lacking, but yes, the mind comes in and starts to ask questions, gets dissatisfied, cause it has desires. It asks for supernatural things, it desires unexplainable, yet to mind everything seems logical, reasonable and can be explained by thinking, connecting dots. I want to fly like superman in this reality, make fire from my bare hands, fly dragon across sky etc.. But I can't fulfill those desires simply because they are impossible to do. I know it's just my mind creating all these phantasies, yet how can I rest in the Self if the mind still feels dissatisfied and asks for these miracles? Do you think that even if those miracles would be fulfilled I still wouldn't be satisfied, is it really hamster wheel?

So relentlessly inquire into who the "I" is that wants these things using the link above. Every time a thought comes up, curiously, relentlessly investigate who the "I" is that wants it. Some people can simply surrender. If you're not satisfied with that, then look into the I. It is not enough that you can rest in the I since you're not satisfied with that. So inquire. That means a concentrated hunt for the source of the I feeling.

And/or pursue the other parts of the path that I mention in the link I gave above (read the whole thing very carefully) on there: get an intellectual framework (read my book, read the scriptures) & delve into your emotional baggage (go get psychoanalysis, a particular kind of therapy).

Be curious about that. Yes, even if the miracles are fuflilled you wouldn’t be satisfied.
 

Quote

 

I imagine enlightenment is ability to detach from my body - mind and enter another body, like yours for e. g. But if that could be possible I would be you. In a way I guess it is happening, just not in my experience, cause the nature of mind is to radiate from first person (one point) view. So if I wanted to become you, I would have to dissaper.. Is it true? 

 

Enlightenment is not this. And yes, you would have to disappear, but that's not really the point. Find the answers to your questions by following the path as I have given it above. Get your intellectual framework, deal with your emotional baggage, engage in relentless self-inquiry.


Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@winterknight okay as I'm intensely focusing on the question who is the awareness feeling all these things and to whom these desires occur I can slowly feel these thoughts of desiring supernatural loose its power, it feels kinda silly, thoughts seem to have very dream like feel, if I continue on this I can see any thought occurring will have no weight at all, kinda like when doing psyhadelics :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@winterknight when concentrating on the awareness in which thoughts occur I feel kind of freedom, there is no problem, there's just awareness and it feels good. Should I stay in that awareness? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@winterknight Not a question, but a probe: tell us something about love, if you please.


To a fox, trickery is truthfulness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Nemo28 said:

@winterknight when concentrating on the awareness in which thoughts occur I feel kind of freedom, there is no problem, there's just awareness and it feels good. Should I stay in that awareness? 

If you can maintain this freedom which feels good while you are doing other things and living life, not just sitting down, yes, you can simply be there. And if a doubt/desire/dissatisfaction comes up, inquire and return to that peace.


Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FoxFoxFox said:

@winterknight Not a question, but a probe: tell us something about love, if you please.

There’s nothing in the abstract to be said about it that’s very useful. The word is used in so many ways. It has cultural meanings, literary meanings, psychological meanings, social meanings, philosophical meanings, spiritual meanings. I could give you a kind of Hallmark quote, something like the ultimate love is just the Self, or something like that, but I’m not sure it’s particularly useful just in the abstract...

I guess I could say that from the spiritual point of view, love is still relational, and the truth goes beyond relation. The truth goes beyond love, hate, and indifference. At the same time, love is kind of reflection of the truth of non-duality.

But still, not very useful.


Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, winterknight said:

If you can maintain this freedom which feels good while you are doing other things and living life, not just sitting down, yes, you can simply be there. And if a doubt/desire/dissatisfaction comes up, inquire and return to that peace.

Is That what's enlightenment is about? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Nemo28 said:

Is That what's enlightenment is about? 

It's much closer to what it's about. Enlightenment is really realizing that there is nothing but that, there's never been anything but that. But practicing that leads to that realization.

Just now, Keyhole said:

Is there a method for remembering to return to this place?

I'm extremely forgetful and prone to daydreaming.

I have little notes around the house to remind me but I forget that they are there.

Sounds like unconscious emotional conflicts that you need to work through. Go get psychoanalysis (a particular form of therapy).


Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.