Ook

Real self and false self

16 posts in this topic

I have a question. If the real me is "absolute infinity", "nothingness" or "empty consciousness", then why am i not aware of myself at all? Why does this hallucination called "life" should occur in the first place? For what really? Does this have a specific reason to it? If not, then..... for what? and why?

@Ook Illusion is useful when it comes to survival. We (and animals) are hardwired from birth to believe in this illusion in order to survive.

Also it's the ego's nature to ground itself on falsehood, because truth kills the ego.

"It is the emptiness within the cup that makes it useful."

Because this hallucination is contained within absolute infinity or it wouldn't  be absolutely infinite would it now?

B R E A T H E

Your subconscious beliefs change the flow of love from your heart. You wanted to experience yourself from every possible perspective. For an infinite ball of possibilities there was no other choice to make other than create and manifest eternally.

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

On 8/29/2018 at 1:36 AM, Ook said:

I have a question. If the real me is "absolute infinity", "nothingness" or "empty consciousness", then why am i not aware of myself at all? Why does this hallucination called "life" should occur in the first place? For what really? Does this have a specific reason to it? If not, then..... for what? and why?

It's pretty obvious, isn't it... i mean you like dreaming don't you...

Now, I wonder what would happen if I....

@Ook Infinity is infinity (awareness). There isn’t infinity #1, aware of infinity #2, nor Infinity aware of a “you”, you’re already it. Thought is the veil. You can’t comprehend “why”, cognitively, but you can know. It’s better to exhaust thought, with self inquiry - to “empty the cup”, and or meditate into samadhi. “Why am i not aware of myself at all?” Because you’re only aware of yourself, there isn’t anything other than you to be aware of, if there was, you’d know something about yourself instantly, by comparison. It’s the obviousness that makes it difficult to see. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Real and false is an illusion of duality, transcend that misperception of the mind which manifests as the concept of real and false to perceive nonduality as it is.

Edited by SOUL

On 8/28/2018 at 9:36 AM, Ook said:

Those are great questions for self inquiry. I think direct experience might be more profound than trying to figure it out.

You are not aware because you have been taking yourself to be the ego-person-body mind. You have taken yourself to be a existent someone separate from for example a rock or another being.  Just the way it is, no one can do anything with it. Transcend this and then become conscious of God, which You are right now this moment. You are just not conscious of it, I assume. It took me years to become conscious of it. Maya (illusion) is strong, but you can overcome it by becoming conscious and aware by self-inquiry and then I mean 24/7.

An example of false self will be the conviction that what is, is something fixed in stone. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

It's like trying to see your own eye, to taste your own tongue or to smell your nose....

I think that's an Alan Watts quote

:P

Also bite your own teeth

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@abrakamowse

9 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

It's like trying to see your own eye, to taste your own tongue or to smell your nose....

I think that's an Alan Watts quote

:P

Also bite your own teeth

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding! :D

@Ook No, I’m permanently 24/7 conscious of God and that only God exists and that I am God. It goes up and down, but never leaves.

@Ook

Because you trust the appearances, especially the voice (thought) that says you are not you.

Let alone other people who trust even more appearances.