Cortex

I Want To Go Back To My Childhood So Much

18 posts in this topic

I want to be a child again, so much that you can't even imagine, this is one of the reasons I want to achieve all of my goals, to feel fully like a child again, I am always trying to be this way and to feel this way, but more and more I get the feeling that I am only going further away, and I must fight to not go away, I want to feel like a child again, all the time 24/7,not just when achieving my pleasures, not just when achieving amazing things, I want this to last all the time forever 

Edited by Cortex
I want to feel like a child

@Cortex I felt like you until I remembered being in school sucked. The best thing about being older and having enough money to do what you want is not having jerks behind your back telling you what you should be concentrating on and how you should act. What's stopping you from acting like a child now? 

“Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:3

The kingdom of heaven is within.

@Colin On the other hand older people have already created the kingdom of hell with their greed and narcissistic behavior. 

Edited by Revolutionary Think

4 hours ago, Cortex said:

I want to be a child again, so much that you can't even imagine, this is one of the reasons I want to achieve all of my goals, to feel fully like a child again, I am always trying to be this way and to feel this way, but more and more I get the feeling that I am only going further away, and I must fight to not go away, I want to feel like a child again, all the time 24/7,not just when achieving my pleasures, not just when achieving amazing things, I want this to last all the time forever 

Good news for you, its possible. I hope one day you discover what it feels like to not know shit and be deeply stuck in the present moment simultaneously.

If you consider that your life purpose may have a strong connection with things you did during your childhood, you may achieve it by investing on self-knowledge.

@Cortex I often think like this too.
Maybe we should ask ourselves what emotions we experienced more of in childhood that we now miss.
Instead of thinking I miss these things, these people, these situations.
What emotions did we get from this that we don't experience much of now? What emotional needs isn't fullfilled?

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

I can totally relate to this feeling. I feel like adulthood came too fast, before I expected. Now there's a lot of expectations of who I should be and how I should act. There's so much duties, I feel like I don't have the time and energy to play and chill around like I used to as a child. I want so much to be free from the duties and expectations. I want to stop worrying and just play and be excited like a little child. Now there's school, work, self-improvement, money and all that jazz instead of just enjoying life stress-free. A friend of mine said once "everything in life should be based around playing" and I really understand what he meant.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't have a bad childhood, not at all. I had a long and safe childhood and that's probably one of the biggest reasons why I wish I could go back. I guess I really should be so thankful for my childhood, not everyone has the same treatment unfortunately... I wish every child could play and have fun as a kid and I think we should make it one of our priorities to make that happen.

Whenever I see a toy laying around somewhere outdoors or when I walk past a kindergarten, I can't help it, I will feel a strong and sad kind of longing feeling inside, making a tear fall down on my cheek. I am not quite sure why I feel this nostalgia so strongly.. but I guess I'm such a feeling type of person then. I know there's no going back. As much as I want to just play around with toys and stuff, I've outgrown this phase of life. I have lost the ability to just play with toys, I've become an adult and the toys have lost the magic they once had and this kinda hurts to admit. Today i looked in the mirror and I suddenly realized that my body has matured a lot, I'm not a child anymore, not even a teen, now I have a body of a grown up man... Time has taken its toll on me.

I have no option but to keep on grinding the adult life and try to stay a bit playful along the way. I need to discover the bright side of adulthood.

Time flies, that's how life is. Good bye childhood years.. I.. think :(

On 8/19/2018 at 4:00 PM, Cortex said:

You want to feel the light of innocence. It is still there.

It is only because we develop more complex ego structures as pre-teens, teenagers, and then adults that we get more and more cut off from the light of innocence. This is especially true if we're very rigid people with many judgment and rules for ourselves and others. That makes the ego air-tight so that none of that light can make its way into consciousness.

The only way I've ever gotten back in touch with that light was through ego transcendence. And the light was even stronger than it was during childhood. 

But make no mistake, it is always there. You never lose it. It just gets buried under so many layers of ego.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

23 hours ago, Speedscarlet said:

@Amy Irene I would suggest that you change your profile photo. I’m sure you can take a better shot of yourself.

@Speedscarlet I can't see what's wrong with my profile photo, I thought it was a relatively good picture of me, so I'd like to know how you came to that conclusion. Can you point me which things exactly are disturbing you in the picture, so that I can learn from your opinion if it is actually constructructive and legitimate? I also wonder how this issue seems to be important enough for you to write about it while you're having the standard "blank screen" profile picture yourself.

I don't intend to derail the topic, but I just really felt like I needed to answer this message that was directed to me. Please, continue from the original topic.

Your's sincerely,

-Amy

Then awaken! You had a feeling of love when you were a child and when you can feel this love again as an adult you feel like you are a child walking around the place, and your memories start coming back.

Namaste.

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

Hi @Cortex Why do you want to be a child again? Do you feel like a child when you achieve pleasures and achieve amazing things? It's great that you do achieve pleasures and amazing things, but I'm curious why you want to be a child again? What did you experience as a child that you don't experience as an adult?

I review self-help courses to find out which ones are good and not good: propelyourwealth.com

@Cortex

I know exactly what you mean. God is innocent. Not an easy one to explain, but I think you’re about to kick some path ass. 

I heard Jim Carrey once say in an interview, that was his big secret. He saw that no one really wanted to be grown up and serious. So he just said he wasn’t going to be serious. Ever. 

Can’t justify seriousness. Can’t be done.

❤️

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE