MarkusSweden

What's the easiest way to end mental masturbation?

49 posts in this topic

Philosophizing is a poison, meditation is the antidote. Meditation means the very anti approach , anti to philosophy.

Focus on the heart until it replaces your perpetual focus on your head that empowers all thoughts.

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

@MarkusSweden In each moment focus more on your senses than your mind. Make triggers in your daily life that remind you to be more mindful, like a doorway trigger.

There are a bunch of Mindfulness techniques you can use that will help you stop listening to your thoughts, so I recommend you do some research about it. 

@MarkusSweden

It’s simple to understand, but often not so simple to actualize....

If there is falsity in your thinking / understanding, you’re unresolved, the thinking will continue running, trying to resolve the falsity in thought, with more thought.

When there is no falsity in your head, there is nothing to think about, no questions, nothing to resolve. 

So if you have monkey mind, root out your falsities.

What seems to be the hard part, is the honesty. Simply being honest with what you have directly experienced to be true, and what the ego implies is true. If you settle for what you think is True, you have settled for thinking, and monkey mind will continue. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Funny how personally attacked I feel by this thread.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

2 hours ago, tsuki said:

Funny how personally attacked I feel by this thread.

?

7 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

In each moment focus more on your senses than your mind

??

To focus on one part, (senses) is a movement of thought itself. As long as this exclusion is in movement so will be registration, recollection,(identification), thought-thinking, which is one and the same movement of the known-thought-thinker with its accumulation which it then creates questions and seeks answers. 

It is only with this accumulation-thought, that we invent questions and pursue answers to them. Self feeding loop. We invent and pursue what we invent.  “We” also be an invention of that accumulation. 

Edited by Faceless

Thought tends to exclude by its very nature. This is called concentrated attention-focus. 

3 hours ago, Nahm said:

What seems to be the hard part, is the honesty

Fear evading itself. Psychological preservation. 

Edited by Faceless

7 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

Philosophizing is a poison, meditation is the antidote. Meditation means the very anti approach , anti to philosophy.

You mean passive awareness meditation? 

One moment while meditating  I realized a thought that appeared had no more relevance than a bird chirp that appeared.  Afterwards, it became easier to let go of grasping thoughts 

34 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

One moment while meditating  I realized a thought that appeared had no more relevance than a bird chirp that appeared.  Afterwards, it became easier to let go of grasping thoughts 

i searched the forum for "bird chirp" and found many posts... majority by you...

i love the simplicity of what you're saying there with the bird chirp concept...

can you elaborate more on how you "realized" this... i understand this intellectually but I presume I must realize it in a deep insight like way to truly understand and start applying it? @Serotoninluv

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

47 minutes ago, Nahm said:

You see the gift in that?

@Nahm To 'me' that felt attacked? No.
The gift was the attacked 'me' for the embodied self-awareness to unpack.
The feeling was just the paper that I found myself wrapped in.

Thank you for your question.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

1 minute ago, tsuki said:

To 'me' that felt attacked? No.
The gift was the attacked 'me' for the embodied self-awareness to unpack.

As in Observation of fear (awareness) ? 

8 hours ago, MarkusSweden said:

images-12.jpg

Take a break from this forum for 21 days and go attend a meditative retreat. Don't talk to anyone much in the retreat and don't read anything either, just meditate... The temptation to mentally masturbate should go away or reduced after 21 days.. 

Vipassana retreat is a good option..

Edited by Shanmugam

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

@MarkusSweden close mouth and meditate. You'll realise that there is nothing that you know. 

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

@tsuki If you self inquire why you felt attacked (there is no assertion), then you can liberate. A ‘personal attack’ wether passive or blatant, is a gift to help you realize the internalization  / identification of your own false understanding. 

@Faceless Faceless got under my skin when he first came around, and I’ll admit, I skipped over a few of his post arrogantly. Then I realized what I’m trying to communicate to you now. Then I spent like 5 days trying to understand what he was saying, what this language of his, which seemed foreign to me (huge clue in hindsight lol) was saying. Once I got it...well...honesty is critically important, and one could say all roads lead to surrender & acceptance. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE