Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Turquoise Examples Mega-Thread

648 posts in this topic

Buckley makes stupidity look intelligent, sophisticated, and charming.

A fool's idea of an intellectual, as Trump is a fool's idea of wealth.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 7.9.2020 at 10:17 PM, AtheisticNonduality said:

Do you actually believe this crap?

It's a cool model.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

1 minute ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

@Carl-Richard Cool in the same way wizards and goblins and Jedi are cool?

Materialism isn't the only game in town.

13 minutes ago, AtheisticNonduality said:

@Carl-Richard I guess it's cool and maybe possible. It also happens to have zero evidence.

People who claim it has zero evidence have 1. not read any studies on it, 2. dismissed it based on their gut instinct, or 3. denied the validity of any evidence because of the incommensurability of different scientific paradigms (again, the curse of materalism). https://www.sheldrake.org/research/morphic-resonance

30:16 - addresses the testability question

Edited by Carl-Richard

On 11.9.2020 at 9:14 PM, AtheisticNonduality said:

They get better at crystalizing the element...

Just stop already.

First, I should probably say that angelic magic and Enochian magic are not always the same thing. Enochian magic is an entire system in and of itself that does utilize angelic intelligences, but there are also other systems that use angels but that are not Enochian.

Also, once a person experiences the dissolution of self, which is one of the side effects of high magic, you experience from a first-hand perspective that there are no other entities. There is only one infinite consciousness which inhabits all things. That being said, ultimately there is no division between you and the angelic intelligences. They are one and the same. However it usually takes many many years of practice before we begin to experience reality in this way. All that exists is sacred, and is just a temporary pattern within the divine mind. We are here to evolve, expand, and learn - which is not always going to be an easy process....This is why it’s called “growing pain” and not “growing pleasure.”

--Damien Echols

Channeling usually falls into the domain of mediumship, which is more in the realm of mysticism than magick. Magick - and by magick I mean the original sense of the word, which is astrotheurgy - is more about invoking celestial energies, which can be anthropomorphized as angels. These celestial energies are mirrored on a smaller scale within every individual (as above, so below) and part of the reason we invoke them is to balance those energies within ourselves so that compulsive behaviors are gradually brought to the level of conscious observation and can then be eliminated. When we no longer act on unconscious, compulsive urges, we achieve sovereignty over ourselves and our lives. We become a king. In ancient Mesopotamian magick, the Goetic entities weren’t viewed as “demons” in the fundamentalist Christian sense of the word. They are aspects of our lower, subconscious minds, just as angels are aspects of our “higher self.” The ultimate goal of magick is the union of opposites - by merging our angels and “demons” we integrate them into our psyche and achieve what psychologists would call “self actualization” - wholeness. The practice of magick - astrotheurgy - leads to the dissolving of the tendency to view the world through the lens of duality.

--Damien Echols

Edited by AtheisticNonduality

On 3/2/2020 at 3:33 AM, Cocolove said:
On 3/2/2020 at 0:47 AM, Leo Gura said:

No because none of you here are at those levels and the examples would mostly be wrong.

It's hard enough to get clear Turquoise examples.

I read Ken Wilber talk about meta mid para mind over mind and super mind and I just get confused as to what the hell is going on. Will I have to get to or near those levels to be able to conceptually understand them?

In Wilber's book, Integral Psychology, he compares dozens of frameworks of psychological development and after the equivalent of Coral, it seems that only Sri Aurobindo had more stages ( illinumated mind, intuitive mind, etc.). So it seems that only he could perceive that such further levels exist.

11 hours ago, Thewritersunion said:

@Darren_Everitt What’s Coral?

Coral is the stage after turquoise. My (very limited) understanding of it is that from turquoise to coral: compassion becomes love; life as dream becomes life as presence; and a whole lot of Eastern spiritual terms are used as we run out of understanding and language about it.

I don't even bother with Turquoise in my explanation of SD: https://medium.com/@Darren_Everitt/psychosociological-devlopment-the-4th-person-a5ca589a196a.

The point is that there is plenty more stages of understanding/being here in the relative/dualistic realm - and I think they're best left alone until one starts getting there else the questions make no sense - whereas enlightenment or awakening to the omnipresent absolute/divine/non-dual realm is independent of psychological maturity. To be concise, one's experience and interpretation of such an awakening is determined by one's developmental stage.