Primentex

Why should I avoid suicide ?

23 posts in this topic

After meditating, I had this thought : why should I avoid committing suicide, this entire life is an illusion anyway. I know that suicide isn't a bad thing to do in dreams, but If life is a dream, then why is it bad to do it there ???

Man, there's been a lot of suicide talk here lately.  :|

Do you think you've gone as far as you can in your life? Nothing more to figure out? You're here to learn.

6 minutes ago, PsiloPutty said:

Man, there's been a lot of suicide talk here lately.  :|

Do you think you've gone as far as you can in your life? Nothing more to figure out? You're here to learn.

To be honest, I don't even why I should be learning, I don't even know why I should seek "enlightenment"/personnal development, I don't know why I'm meditating...

Edited by Primentex

I think you're trying too hard. Taking life too seriously in some ways....maybe not seriously enough in others. I don't know you, so I won't assume. What are the biggest worries you have currently? Hard to help without knowing what's going on.  :)

Because you can't taste this life after you die. You want to stay in this life for a bit longer. Be patient.

Your ego is an illusion, but illusions exist. Illusion is a higher-order phenomenon in my theory.

Take human body for example. A human body is the sum of human cells, but it is more than a mere sum of human cells. A human organism possesses properties that mere cells don't have. A human cell is a first-order phenemonon. A human body is a second-order phenomenon.

If pure awareness is first-order phenomenon, your ego is probably a second-order phenomenon.

Edited by CreamCat

You'll just be catapulted into a new life anyway. Reincarnation man. And in this new life you might not be aware of actualized.org and that suicide is really not that much of a problem. Better work a bit on your (illusory) karma while you have the chance.  

The ego self created by tought content is surely an illusion, but as you find out the illusion you also should find that which is real, that which is true (The Self). The problem is not the illusion, it is how you perceive it.

1 hour ago, Primentex said:

I know that suicide isn't a bad thing to do in dreams, but If life is a dream, then why is it bad to do it there ???

Life can be sheer joy, a beautiful dream. People think of committing suicide because they don’t know how to beautify it.

you are right, I can only agree

there are many things you are right about

which are the things that make you feel good? that make you feel nice?

Edited by Arkandeus

Stellars interact with Terrans from ÓB (Earth’s Low Orbit).!

I've always thought that if someone is wondering about the meaning of life, the only true reason for this is that he is unhappy. The problem is not that you don't know the meaning of what you do (and there is none), it is that you don't enjoy it. If you were enjoying it, would you ask 'What is the purpose of this?' ?. 

Not that I'm 100% happy with my life right now, but I understand that it is my responsibility to make myself happy. It is not life's problem, it is my problem. Don't resist life, enjoy every moment, however hard or dark, as much as you can.

Edited by GreenDragon

@Primentex Went to my friend’s funeral yesterday, who committed suicide. Some reasons off the top of my head not to do that; his mom, his sister, his friends, his niece, his nephew, his coworkers, his uncles & aunts, his cousins, his grandma, & that he could have gotten the help he needed and lived a happy and amazing life (he was 23). And I don’t mean he shouldn’t have done that for the sake of those people, I mean he could have realized he had all those people loving him already, and he could have loved them. He probably would have seen that life typically get’s easier in just a few years from 23. 

Also, if you actually were aware (realized) that this is an illusion, you wouldn’t be thinking about nor asking about suicide - that reveals you are in the duality of believing you are alive. Upon realization, there is all the love & joy in “life”, as there is in “death”, as they are actually the same, with regard to You. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm that's rough man sorry you had to go through that.

This topic is coming up so much, suicide is not the answer - and I believe you will just get dumped into another miserable existence when you do until you learn your lesson and achieve enlightenment, however many lives that takes.

4 hours ago, Nahm said:

@Primentex Went to my friend’s funeral yesterday, who committed suicide. Some reasons off the top of my head not to do that; his mom, his sister, his friends, his niece, his nephew, his coworkers, his uncles & aunts, his cousins, his grandma, & that he could have gotten the help he needed and lived a happy and amazing life (he was 23). And I don’t mean he shouldn’t have done that for the sake of those people, I mean he could have realized he had all those people loving him already, and he could have loved them. He probably would have seen that life typically get’s easier in just a few years from 23. 

Also, if you actually were aware (realized) that this is an illusion, you wouldn’t be thinking about nor asking about suicide - that reveals you are in the duality of believing you are alive. Upon realization, there is all the love & joy in “life”, as there is in “death”, as they are actually the same, with regard to You. 

I always find it silly that people automatically assume that if someone wants to suicide , it's surely because he doesn't know people love him.
like : "oh why do you want to kill yourself ? your mom loves you , your father loves you , everybody loves you ".
why do you assume that any suicide related question is about love somewhere ... lack of love , or lack of awareness about the love he receives ?
Maybe someone just want to end his life , because he doesn't see any meaning in it ... maybe he got the feeling that life being an illusion , it has to be a joke, a bad joke filled with non sense.

Just look around you. Is there anything that you see that is not calm and quiet?

Have you see the trees wondering about comitting suicide? Or a chair? Or a rock?

If you are observant there’s only one thing that is not satisfied with what is and that is the voice in the head having these kind of conversations with itself. 

Are the entire universe wrong or is it something you haven’t figured out yet? 

If that voice is not there you will see that everything around you is perfectly fine with being what it is. 

@Nahm ♡♡♡

59 minutes ago, cirkussmile said:

If you are observant there’s only one thing that is not satisfied with what is and that is the voice in the head having these kind of conversations with itself. 

This!

Unfortunately, some voices in the head are louder and more self destructive then others.

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

Oddly I was thinking of something similar to this 2 days a go.

5 hours ago, Nahm said:

Actually read it is possible for a "woman" with male DNA to give birth.  As a male has XY chromosome and a female XX chromosome. There is a certain incompleteness that allows for creativity, perhaps even truth itself.

------------------------------------------------

http://www.strange-loops.com/philtruthwoman.html

Supposing truth is a woman - what then? Are there not grounds for the suspicion that all philosophers, insofar as they were dogmatists, have been very inexpert about women? That the gruesome seriousness, the clumsy obtrusiveness with which they have usually approached truth so far have been awkward and very improper methods for winning a woman's heart?

That line starts Friedrich Nietzsche's Beyond Good and Evil (translated by Kaufmann), and is one running theme of the work: that truth may not be as straightforward as we think, that it may be as elusive and coy as a woman pursued by a fumbling man. Through most of history we've only fumbled with truth, with a pathetically simplistic, straightforward and naive notion of truth. Nietzsche elaborates in section 192:

-----------------------------------------------

There is no truth. - Can "no" refer to anything but a particular? 
There is truth. - Perhaps truth is all encompassing however incomplete.

6 hours ago, Nahm said:

:)

“You don’t have problems; you are the problem.”

– Swami Chinmayananda

Namaste ? ?

@Primentex

There was a time when I thought the secret to life was suicide. I'm not sure why, but everything around me was pointing to it.  I wasn't depressed or anything. It just seemed to come to me like an insight or something.  Suicide seemed to make sense on so many levels. 

At the time I had been really diving into teachings of enlightenment and was expanding my mind at a really fast rate.  Back then there was no internet, no forums, no one to discuss my experience with that understood. So it was a very lonely journey. 

Instead of ending my search for understanding and allowing suicide to be the answer, I kept going deeper.  Until I found myself in a place of  a gratitude and wonder.

Reflecting back on it, I think I was misunderstanding most of what I was reading and experiencing.  I was taking everything too literal.  

I think suicide is a very self centered trap on the road of self development. I think it's healthy to contemplate death and to practice accepting death.  Life is a paradox.  So considering life to be an illusion or dream, doesn't make it any less real. 

I don't know if you play video games but you can think of it this way... you know the game isn't real but it's fun to play! If you kill your video game character, he really dies in the game.  But the point of the game being created is to play it through until it's end not to just kill your character and stop playing.  You're here now in this beautiful/ugly illusion, why not use the opportunity to explore and play!