Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Yellow Examples Mega-Thread

1,196 posts in this topic

this movie is not my cup of tea... but the plot was very well written,  and touches upon vMEME Yellow concepts of non-linear systems and sensitive dependence on initial conditions, but in a very colloquial way...

Edited by Bernardo Carleial

I just re-watched this gem: the debate that made Mr. Girl famous.

It's probably the best example I've ever seen of Tier 2, because it's distilled to its essence without the highfalutin hyper-intellectualism of the Game B crowd, and you also get to see it interact with a Tier 1 perspective in an organic environment, which creates a great contrast.

Mr. Girl: "empathize with everybody."

Vaush: "SLAY NAZIS!"

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

These Videos require some explanation...

It has to do with the notion of Content vs Structure and Going-Meta, presented by Leo, and how vMEME Yellow is capable of finding solutions to problems by going at the root of the cause.

In that music example: look at how being able to play just these 4 chords allowed those musicians to replicate many other possible songs that are compatible with this simple formula, saving them a lot of time trying to rehash every new song they find...

And the same way goes to Tier 2, they're able to look at the core of the things that they're working on (a.k.a the structure), and remove all the "noise"(content), that are unnecessary to solve a particular problem they may try to solve .

So I find that analogy quite illuminating! And that's why I'm sharing it with you guys!??

Edited by Raze

Great example of Stage Green vs Yellow. Jon Stewart having more of a Green-oriented worldview with Cory Booker taking a more meta perspective and able to hold far more complexity and nuance in his answers. 

TITLE: Democracy in the Next Cycle of History | Jonathan Haidt

TITLE: Expanding Scale of Human Society

TITLE: In Conversation with Ray Dalio | LSE Events

TITLE: Jonathan Haidt | Academic Freedom Conference 2022 | Why it has Gotten Harder to Find the Truth?

“Haha… guess there’s a slim shady in all of us…… fuck it… let’s all stand up…”

This guy gets it. He offers a rich, nuanced and exquisitely balanced Tier 2 perspective. There’s no doubt that he’s up there with the greats: Albert Einstein, Charles Eisenstein, Daniel Schmachtenberger, Leo Gura… Definitely one to watch!

Edited by Oeaohoo

He who bathes in the light of Oeaohoo will never be deceived by the veil of Mâyâ. 

Helena Blavatsky, The Secret Doctrine

This lecture series by Ian Shapiro

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

On 27/12/2021 at 5:47 PM, Happy Lizard said:

I wonder way Alan watts is considered yellow, meaning I can see how he is considered turquoise but when has he had yellow period in his life ? 

anyone knows of any material or video of him stating yellow values ?

He's pretty much textbook Turquoise.

On 05/12/2022 at 9:51 AM, Oeaohoo said:

This guy gets it. He offers a rich, nuanced and exquisitely balanced Tier 2 perspective. There’s no doubt that he’s up there with the greats: Albert Einstein, Charles Eisenstein, Daniel Schmachtenberger, Leo Gura… Definitely one to watch!

Wow! I wonder how you came across such a rare, unknown thinker..............

Me.

<banned for jokes in the joke section>

Thought Art I am disappointed in your behavior ?

The holly grail of strategy games, emergent design!

AI will allow for emergent art design, models, animations, sound... games where the art, animation, sound, interaction space is close to infinity! 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?