Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Yellow Examples Mega-Thread

1,197 posts in this topic

24:09 - 45:44 Alan Wallace is fucking brilliant. He is like a supercharged Fritjof Capra.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Billionaire Ray Dalio has released a stage yellowish book about the changing world order 

Edited by Raze

"A truly profound and different insight is the way you begin to see that the system causes its own behavior."

Donella Meadows

Richard Schwartz (IFS Founder)

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

An excerpt from the book "The Fifth Discipline ". Very good for those who want to learn more about systems thinking! ???

"Often we are puzzled by the causes of our problems; when we merely need to look at our own solutions to other problems in the past. A well-established firm may find that this quarter's sales are off sharply. Why? Because the highly successful rebate program last quarter led many customers to buy then rather than now. Or a new manager attacks chronically high inventory costs and"solves" the problem—except that the salesforce is now spending 20 percent more time responding to angry complaints from customers who are still waiting for late shipments, and the rest of its time trying to convince prospective customers that they can have "any color they want so long as it's black."Police enforcement officials will recognize their own version of this law: arresting narcotics dealers on Thirtieth Street, they find that they have simply transferred the crime center to Fortieth Street. Or, even more insidiously, they learn that a new city wide outbreak of drug-related crime is the result of federal officials intercepting a large shipment of narcotics—which reduced the drug supply, drove up the price, and caused more crime by addicts desperate to maintain their habit. Solutions that merely shift problems, from one part of a system to another, often go undetected, because those who "solved" the first problem are different from those who inherit the new problem."

"In George Orwell's Animal Farm, the horse Boxer always had the same answer to any difficulty: "I will work harder," he said. At first, his well-intentioned diligence inspired everyone, but gradually, his hard work began to backfire in subtle ways. The harder he worked, the more work there was to do. What he didn't know was that the pigs who managed the farm were actually manipulating them all for their own profit. Boxer's diligence actually helped to keep the other animals from seeing what the pigs were doing. Systems thinking has a name for this phenomenon: "Compensating feedback": when well-intentioned interventions call forth responses from the system that offset the benefits of the intervention. We all know what it feels like to be facing compensating feedback—the harder you push, the harder the system pushes back; the more effort you expend trying to improve matters, the more effort seems to be required."

Edited by Bernardo Carleial

JP presents concepts from Gestalt psychology and cognitive psychology that deal with perceptual structures, which relates to aspects of construct awareness.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

TITLE: Ray Dalio on inflation, the US-China standoff, his new book. and why nations succeed and fail

I found this video after reading a thread posted by @Carl-Richard about systems thinking. This model is a very reliable source at understanding the child's development , and what is possible to happen with his or her psyche, depending on how well his or her ecosystem (friends, family and society at large ) manages to give them a healthy upbringing in many aspects of human affairs as they age.

It also works for full grown adults as well?.

I definitively loved this video!???

It gives us a vMEME Yellow clear picture on Diplomacy and Geopolitics regarding China's projects on infrastructure in developing countries.

much beyond the gossip/hearsay and fearmongering of vMEME Orange opinionated journalism...

TITLE: God and the State (Mikhail Bakunin) [Full AudioBook]

"I discovered that the reality (we) have is only one of several possible realities."

I don't know who said that quote...

But I find it very Tier 2 non-linear thinking.

I found it in an excerpt from a vMEME Yellow book on management, called "The Fifth Discipline ".

I wonder way Alan watts is considered yellow, meaning I can see how he is considered turquoise but when has he had yellow period in his life ? 

anyone knows of any material or video of him stating yellow values ?

I might be wrong about that... but I have a feeling that this game designer might be at vMEME Yellow when it comes to his field of expertise...

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Stories are made for children to fall asleep, and adults to wake up.