Gerhard

What Stage In Spiral Dynamics Do You Peg Yourself On?

What Stage In Spiral Dynamics Do You Peg Yourself On?   179 members have voted

1. 1. What Stage In Spiral Dynamics Do You Peg Yourself On?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

95 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Mathew Pav said:

Yellow is where radical open mindedness begins to develop. They are starting to become more interested in the truth rather than what serves their ego. They see that no one theory holds the absolute truth and that all perspectives have some degree (even if very minuscule) of truth to them.

Yellow is also the stage at which life is starting to be approached from a place of Being rather than ego. So they can be motivated by curiosity, love, compassion, passion, appreciation of beauty, the desire for truth for it's own sake. They are capable of loving others without needing anything in return. They are able to truly enjoy life and they live more authentically. Tire 1 on the other hand are very egocentric stages and are motivated by egoic deficiency (ie. security, status, comfort, competition, defending/propagating ideologies, tribalism, neurotic impulses, ect.).

Doesn't green also love people just for the sake of loving them? Don't green do stuff like meditation and spirituality, meaning that they are becoming open minded? So what's the difference?

I have permanently locked myself out of my account to force myself to focus on my work. Goodbye.

We are unlimited beings of love, peace and oneness. You can’t define your true nature as the divine by any colour, for it is all colours. Such system can only define your lower self/ego when the moment you choose to focus on love, you transcend all of this. Only bliss permeates your experience, and the love of God as yourself.

Many blessings growing souls. May you realize yourselves now as the infinitely powerful, all-loving, and all-knowing light for which you are, will be, and always were. My love goes to all of you.

Edited by Solace

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

Blue-Orange

I've found myself very slowly, in my thinking, moving out of my old toxic blue-tendencies and finding my own thinking becoming selfish (in a good way) and focused on myself rather than everyone else. I assume this is a symptom of moving into orange. It certainly seems that way when I look at the characteristics of blue and orange

@Ascend I think you're severely overestimating someone in red thinking. I'm in blue (moving into orange I think) and even I have some internal issues with some things that Leo says, I cannot imagine a Red coming on here in the first place, let alone sticking around. Also if it were the case that you were to subtract two then that would mean I would be purple moving into red. Sorry, I just don't think that's possible

4 hours ago, StardewValley said:

Doesn't green also love people just for the sake of loving them? Don't green do stuff like meditation and spirituality, meaning that they are becoming open minded? So what's the difference?

Green is still a very egocentric stage, although a little higher in consciousness than the lower stages. Green will often pay lip service to concepts like love but green is not yet capable of authentic love (except in rare situations) and you will often notice this hypocracy in green since it is preoccupied with fighting with the lower stages, and often does so from a place of anger.

Green will often (not always, each stage can  manifest in different ways depending on the person's  personally, experiences, ect.) create spiritual egos which revolve around projecting a veneer of spiritual practice and climbing the status hierarchies of their spiritual community. They do not partake in spiritual practices for the sake of finding Truth, they do so to maintain a certain ego, green is not yet open minded in this regard, they are unlikely to consider evidence which disconfirms their spiritual practices and will likely see it as an attack to their ego and will use all the same ego-preservation tactics as the lower stages.

I believe there is a qualitative difference in consciousness between tier 1 and tier 2. That is Being vs ego-deficiency perception. Maslow's Toward a Psychology of Being does an excellent job of detailing this difference.

Edited by Mathew Pav

@Solace I love you too.

I have permanently locked myself out of my account to force myself to focus on my work. Goodbye.

5 minutes ago, StardewValley said:

@Solace I love you too.

❤️??

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

@Mathew Pav From what I take, green is basically orange, but instead of money and sex, they like charities and making everyone feel good.

@pluto It’s an honour.

If you want to explore the world of duality then this beautiful and sophisticated model can lead to greater understanding of societies, and the individuals evolution of their lower self. 

Yet if you want to know yourself as big as this universe, use your focus wisely, by always remaining centered in the highest vibration there is, which is love.

What we focus on we become :) 

Edited by Solace

Deep turqouise but with lots of paint on my shirt 

On 17/07/2018 at 1:54 AM, Ascend said:

This forum greatly overstates the stages they're on. I saw a comment stating that whatever stage you think you're on, subtract 2 and that would be more accurate - and I fully agree. Also why isn't there red here? If you don't think there are at least a few reds here, then I recommend you reevaluate your beliefs.

So if I am yellow and I think I am yellow what am I really?

On 16/07/2018 at 5:54 PM, Ascend said:

This forum greatly overstates the stages they're on. I saw a comment stating that whatever stage you think you're on, subtract 2 and that would be more accurate - and I fully agree. Also why isn't there red here? If you don't think there are at least a few reds here, then I recommend you reevaluate your beliefs.

I totaly agree. Unless you've done a LOT of work on yourself you're blue/orange and maybe  a little bit green. That's it. No yellow or turquoise even in sight. Anyone here aside from Leo saying they are turquoise is simply proposterous. (Maybe some mods with over 20+ years of exeperience).

8 hours ago, Feel Good said:

Very nice observation :)

And I agree. It seems strange to me how someone who has done a couple of years work and can claim that they are at the same level of understanding and embodiment as life-long committed self actualizers, men and women in their sixties like Ken Wilber, Byron Katie, Peter Ralston and Deepak Chopra. 

Well since apparently the mind is so tricky it can make you believe you actually exist, by comparison tricking yourself you're high on some colorful conceptual scale which you think you understand is a piece of cake.

Edited by Lynnel

As an example, how do you all know I’m not what I say I am? Maybe I am not. Maybe I am. How can you tell? Are you sure I am not yellow? Why? What would convince you? Can you help me figure out what colour I am? If not, who can? If I can t rely on my judgement then who do I rely on? A guru? Which one? If not a guru then who/what? 

I decided to change my vote to solid green after spending a few days with the most green group I've ever met at a holotropic breathwork seminar and seeing how I fit. I still do have orange ofc., I still work my job as a scients, and I haven't developed that much of an environmental consciousness. I also have enough yellow to be fascinated by Leo's abstract topics. But I'm very emotional, I put a lot of emphasis on relationships, and I seem to thrive in green groups right now, so I think green fits best.

I think we do have more green people on the forum, but Leo's video doesn't quite do that stage justice, so people just don't identify with it. But a lot of emotional shadow work and integration happens in green.

Edited by Elisabeth

I put solid yellow but I have probably touched a little turquoise and am still slightly in green, most likely I have some unsolved issues from other colours. I do not identify with turquoise so far although it intrigues me, I am nostalgic about the past rainbow of my experiences, I think they all had something to offer and something beautiful to appreciate. I must say that I must be in yellow for a long while now though because I remember being greenish/yellowish as a teenager.

leo is easily beige xD

Edited by d0ornokey

My mind can think yellow to an extent but I know emotionally and all the stuff that I feel is bellow "the surface?" You know what I mean? Like where all my problems, deep thoughts, creativity, the roots of emotions, etc.... where all that stuff lies... there I'm orange and green.