Slade

How do you know if you’re on the right path?

21 posts in this topic

I’m confused. I want so badly to find my life purpose and live my top values, but I don’t know if I’m doing it right. I don’t know if I’m on the real path to developing myself and making my life better. I feel like sometimes I wake up and I remember how important these things are to me and then I fall back asleep and end up wanting to party or get distracted with the daily tasks of life. I’m doing Kriya yoga, daily learning, affirmations and contemplation about my life purpose, trying to get my hands on psychedelics, but I seriously wonder sometimes if this work is going to get me anywhere. Will I someday find that I’m experiencing all that life has to offer and contributing my life purpose to the world? Everyone is saying to go in a different direction. Meditate, go make a lot of money, go pickup a bunch of hot girls, spend time with family and friends, workout and eat right, read this book read that book, etc... How do I know that the activities I do are actually going to lead somewhere? Theres no fucking way I’ll ever give up but damn this path is difficult. This must be what Leo talks about when he says it feels like your hacking your way through the forest with a machete and walking through knee deep mud, not knowing where the fuck you’re going. I don’t know if any of you can help I guess I’m just venting. Lol #HerosJourney

You are going into nothingness(in the end)before that you need to learn everything about yourself because all knowladge is self knowladge #Brucelee

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

@Slade

On 4/28/2018 at 7:07 PM, Slade said:

I feel like sometimes I wake up and I remember how important these things are to me and then I fall back asleep and end up wanting to party or get distracted with the daily tasks of life.

Right here you already betray that you know what the right path is, and what the wrong path is.

Waking up is the right path. Falling back asleep is the wrong path.

Don't beat yourself up too much about being 100% on the right path. That is difficult and rare. In practice, you will fall off the path and slide into unconsciousness many times along the way. Maybe when you first start, you will only be 20% on the right path and 80% on the wrong path. That is okay. Just keep your eye on the ultimate vision and keep working the right path. Over time you will build momentum and your percentage will increase from 20% to 30% to 40%, etc.

Will I someday find that I’m experiencing all that life has to offer and contributing my life purpose to the world?

You will if you stick to the right path (awakening).

Everyone is saying to go in a different direction. Meditate, go make a lot of money, go pickup a bunch of hot girls, spend time with family and friends, workout and eat right, read this book read that book, etc... How do I know that the activities I do are actually going to lead somewhere?

True growth means expansion in your consciousness.

Life is long. You can accomplish all the above and more. But you need to create a road map, a plan, an order of priorities. And don't confuse material success with true growth. You can still pursue material success, but don't get lost in it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 hours ago, Slade said:

How do I know that the activities I do are actually going to lead somewhere? Theres no fucking way I’ll ever give up but damn this path is difficult. This must be what Leo talks about when he says it feels like your hacking your way through the forest with a machete and walking through knee deep mud, not knowing where the fuck you’re going.

Does Luke Skywalker know he's going to be able to blow up the Death Star and defeat the Empire? No, he's going into the unknown where failure is possible.

The good and bad news is that this is not a unique problem to you. The reality is that no one knows whether what they're doing is right.

There are people though who are at peace with the ambiguity. These are the people who set trends and run the world. While everyone else is looking to be told how to think and how to act, they make decisions.

That's how you want to think of yourself. Not someone who always has the answer, but someone who can decide for themselves anyway.

Another important point is that it sounds like you're just getting started with self-actualization. Your context for how things are going to turn out is very small, which can add to the confusion.

One reason it's a little easier for me to have faith in the process is that I can see how even my lowest moments benefited me. You may not have that luxury.

Nothing to do but stick to the process of the proven things that work. Keep meditating, reading, cleaning up your diet, etc.

@Leo Gura Arent you suppose to be meditating ??

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

Now fight.

@aurum If you dont know better and you intuite that there is better way of living why wouldnt you ask how to think or act many people think for themselves and are deluded into thinking that they have the true way of thinking acting but in reality it isnt the case...

It's you.

Now fight.

9 minutes ago, K VIL said:

leo dropping bits of wisdom this hour. 

?

1 minute ago, NoSelfSelf said:

@aurum If you dont know better and you intuite that there is better way of living why wouldnt you ask how to think or act many people think for themselves and are deluded into thinking that they have the true way of thinking acting but in reality it isnt the case...

There's asking for advice, and then there's wanting to be told what to think and how to act.

The first is what every smart person should be doing. You don't know everything, so of course you want to seek out mentors, guidance etc.

The second is being a sheep. You don't question things or think critically. You just blindly follow people who you perceive as an authority or certain in their beliefs.

@aurum True,then there are most of the people who queastion the mentor authority and come to wrong conclusions going in the wrong way...

It's you.

Now fight.

I'd suggest to read the chapters about "Life Purpose" in Eckhart Tolle's "A New Earth". It really takes into consideration that the primary purpose is the same for everyone and that the secondary purpose can differ, as people differ. For some it might be some "huge" purpose, for some a very "simple" life style. The key is to find the answers within yourself and not just copying someone else's life. Would be really boring to do that.

@Slade Follow your heart and follow your bliss. Do whatever makes your heart sing, but don’t indulge in low-consciousness pleasures. You’ll know the difference by how you feel.

The moment you realize you are nothing, zero nothing-  and your sense of self (the ego) slowly becomes weaker. 

4 hours ago, Pallero said:

@Slade Follow your heart and follow your bliss. Do whatever makes your heart sing, but don’t indulge in low-consciousness pleasures. You’ll know the difference by how you feel.

Right!.. they are really distinct... Once you have designed your theory of your purpose and the path you should take and after you find this idea, this theory able to stand against other ideas, philosophies, after that it is neurotic to be skeptic about it. It is not that you are not convinced with path, it is the ego, the society, your surroundings that make uncertain on a psychological basis.

So to free yourself make a commitment that you would from now drop all these silly arguments with yourself and you will follow you soul. 

just read so good they can't ignore you by cal newport. It gives a pretty good description to know if you are on the right path towards your life purpose.

One tip from the book is that passion doesn't come first(cal says you will be looking for a long time if you think so). Its a side effect of getting good at something you find interesting, meaningful and/or give an impact on the world in some way. 

When you see synchronicity everywhere.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

I felt the same way a few days ago. I became entrenched in the path of seeking by forcing myself to meditate and sun gaze for most of the day, trying so hard to find my life purpose and become enlightened in the process. A then had a big realization that I want to share with you that helped me. What if all of this seeking is taking me further away from my heart? Knowing that my heart contains my life purpose, and personal enlightenment, and all of my greatest dreams once I open it; is my external search for some kind of mystical state that I don't know even exists really where I should be focusing?

To me, the search for enlightenment is a big distraction. I don't know if it's true for you, but for me, the search came from a belief that I couldn't enjoy this present moment until I felt like a God. So, due to my search, I ended up avoiding the present moment by entertaining thoughts of how people will love me once I'm in a benevolent state, and how I can then love them. If love is the state you want to end up in, why not just be that love right now? Why not just love every single emotion that arises in your body like a 5 year old child who is in pain, and needs your attention? Or love your thoughts in this way to? Why not then love the feelings you empath from everyone you see (or that are communicated through their words) by sending them compliments, and blessings?

This is the true spiritual journey. According to Matt Kahn, even if you open your third eye and experience God almighty, if your heart is closed you will feel "incomplete" so to say. That's why I know honor and adore what arises in my heart or mind like nobody has ever dared.

The true spiritual benchmark isn't the insights you gain, or the awakening experiences you have, but how you choose to respond to whatever arises in your perception be it a loved one, a thought, an emotion, or a sound. Then everything will become synchronise, and through your love, your life purpose will naturally find you (although in meditation you can always ask your heart what your life purpose is, and it will tell you through a feeling). The vibration of love you will be in will attract the best versions of all people, and eventually raise your kundalini all the way up your spine to the crown chakra.

You know you are responding to life perfectly when you feel relaxed. And relaxation is how you know you're evolving rapidly. There is a heart in you that needs to be loved, so don't forget that while doing your spiritual practices. Make sure you can incorporate your heart into them, and that meditation isn't distracting you in that regard. Loving your heart can finally release all of the memories when you were ignored or not loved in the way you wanted from your cells, creating a clear vessel for the light of your soul to shine through!

This journey of spirituality is heart-centered, you're kidding yourself if that is not the case, as I learned the hard way. Love you!!

51b49b5f698bc8b42da282ecd637f434.jpg

Edited by Solace

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

@Slade How do you know if you’re on the right path?

Slade. You have emotions. 

What more could you need? 

Just honesty, but, you already have that too.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Solace this is what I need to remember every time I get lost in seeking.. thanks for sharing this beautiful wisdom <3

whatever arises, love that