thetrut11

On why "Killing the Ego" is just pure scam

17 posts in this topic

So let's analyze this idea of killing the Ego and how it develops or what you specifically should do.

If you have already experienced awakenings or enlightened by meditating or using lsd or another drug,  ‘you’ would know that there’s no particular you running the show but that everything happens spontaneously in one infinite moment (time and space illusion unveils)  and everything is nothing but just one substance (including all the Egos that already exist). You still exist after this experiences but as the observer of the Ego and not identified 100% as the ego itself. So why if you are not the Ego, you  actually are pretty convinced that you are? because of all the beliefs system you were grown with, all the histories of your family, college, neighborhood, university, etc. But once you start practicing meditation or related techniques then you notice "you" where never doing anything but just observing how everything is constantly changing and transforming itself.

So with that on the table how is it even possible to "kill" something that you are not even in control of? in my opinion is more just about observing and comprehending the behavior of your own ego rather than killing it.

54 minutes ago, Dream said:

He's using this kind of language to reprogram your brain so you actually kill yourself in real life.

If you are contented with your present life, meditation is not for you. Unless the old mind is destroyed utterly, the new will not be born.

1 hour ago, thetrut11 said:

how is it even possible to "kill" something that you are not even in control of?

You can't kill and control darkness but you can bring light to remove darkness. Awareness brings light.

22 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

You can't kill and control darkness but you can bring light to remove darkness. Awareness brings light.

That's true man.Ego does not exist to die.When we talk about ego death we mean we are becoming conscious that this mechanism does not really exists by simply observing and asking it questions.

2 hours ago, Dream said:

I'm not going to unveil his complete tactic here but become aware of the fact that he's actively working in getting you to kill yourself.

I could see how his speaking techniques are influencing, I think Osho had something similar (maybe). But I don't get how meditating (something he suggested) is actively getting myself to die, I mean unless your talking about ego-death, then yea.. I guess sitting and doing nothing is a horrible thing... 

Also don't assume because someone's influencing, they're automatically evil. Though it does seem shady.

@Dream

Why bro, why?

Don't believe Leo, but also don't believe anyone else.

Leo actually promotes life. He accepts what is, and advises you to do so.

Leo can't kill you remotely through a "screen". In fact he said that you don't have to worry about others deceiving you, you have to worry about you deceiving yourself. That's not just Leo, that's the Truth.

In purist terms, the ego does not exist so asking for example, what is it or how does it comes about,  is delusion. But if this fact is not in your direct consciousness, you must admit that and give the apparent reality to it, so that you can go on a fools quest to "kill" it, in order to realize that there is nothing to kill. If this was not the case, everyone would be naturally enlightened in dualistic terms. 

Edited by molosku

@Mikael89

Don't cling to literalism.

When Leo talks about death, he doesn't mean physical bodily death. He means the death of ego, AKA self-image, the idea that someone is living inside of your body behind the scenes, it's just an idea. There's no one there, that's what we mean by life equals death, there's no 'self' living or dying.

Ye I wouldn't go so far to say that Leo is trying to get ppl to kill themselves but I agree that the language he uses can be very harmful to people who take it the wrong way. Granted there are a lot of things that are just as harmful to that kind of person.

But that is his way to frame the path and it seems to work for him and people who think like him, just listen and truly understand what he is saying and take away the things that you resonate with.

@Dream @DreamBe carefull of what you are doing there. To me that sounds like a huge conspiracy-like obsession about @Leo Gura and his work, drawing deluded conclusions and interpretations about words and their meaning. 

If you really are making a documentary about that, which I doubt, do share it here. I would gladly watch it, but as I said, I suspect your house is full of used tinfoil tubes. 

Edited by molosku

17 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

To all you who see real suicide as a really bad thing:

I find it very interesting. 

Most of you agree on that death doesn't exist, there is no self, and this is a dream. So most of you agree on that you don't need to fear death.

But when it comes to suicide then you suddenly think that death is a horrific thing.

Why do you think that?

Maybe you should contemplate that ;)

Careful there...How many of the things you state as facts have you actually experienced? Am i right to assume that you haven't made any direct experiences of the concepts you talk about? Otherwise you would realize that you can convince the mind as thoroughly as you want, but your fear of dying, your identity as a small self will still remain. It's like trying to talk a person who is scared of dogs out of his fear of dogs.

Edited by Aimblack

12 hours ago, Dream said:

I run the audio files of his videos in a compressed mp3 format and look for repeating words, negatives and language rewriting methods and i have come across a lot of them so far.

@Dream That's only the tip of the ice burg. If you play the audio backwards you will find hidden messages there too! Best of luck!

@Dream If you would only invest a little of your time and look and listen closely enough, you’d realize, there is nothing there. You’d be free of this altogether. Nihilistic trolling is a waste of your life. It’s yours to waste. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@cetus56    I listened to the self deception videos backwards and found out I do exist, everything is real, and my mom is right about everything. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

13 hours ago, Dream said:

He's using this kind of language to reprogram your brain so you actually kill yourself in real life. I have downloaded and archived all of the videos leo has produced over the years for analysis. Even in his "innocent" videos he's using what i call meta-language to get you to actually off yourself. 1wHm87

I plan on writing a book & making a full fledge documentary on this guy called Leo Gura and expose his tactics. You think he's truly talking for 2 hours straight without reading a script? The script he's reading his carefully crafted, words are placed in a very specific order to trigger certain mechanisms in your brain.

I'm not going to unveil his complete tactic here but become aware of the fact that he's actively working in getting you to kill yourself.

I run the audio files of his videos in a compressed mp3 format and look for repeating words, negatives and language rewriting methods and i have come across a lot of them so far.

Unsubstantiated assertions. Leo's videos are in alignment with Buddhism and Yoga, which have liberated people for over a thousand years. This is nothing new.

@NahmYea I heard that Too! Did you catch the part where he says  "I buried Leo"?