lmfao

Is dairy genuinely unhealthy? What evidence is there to suggest that it is unhealthy?

22 posts in this topic

I usually drink 1-2 glasses of milk a day, and I dont know whether it is worth it to give up dairy.

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

Only children has the enzyme to process lactose, when you gruw up your body stops producing it, what more evidence you want? casein, a protein from milk was used in roman age as GLUE for the soles of shoes. Why would you put glue into your stomach?

If you're a descendant of the Mongols or something (i.e. blood type B ) cow milk is beneficial (or at least neutral) for you.

If, like most people, you're O or A, try almond milk instead.

I don't drink milk because I'm not supposed to drink milk because I'm not a baby nor a cow. Also it is said to be acidic, cause acne, inflammation. Calcium? I think its acidity kind of cancels out the absorption. It has a lot of saturated fat too.

I drink a gallon of raw grass fed milk per day. 

I've been dairy free for almost a month now and I have to say I have waaaaaaaaaaaay more energy, less lethargic after morning porridge, less of a 'heavy' feeling and just more conscious.

I was hoping it would help my acne but unfortunately not. 

@Charlotte  Have you eliminated most of the oils you use?

I eat a whole foods plants based diet and even when eating like this I noticed myself breaking out. Turns out in the dinners I ate was a lot of different oils. When I stopped using these oils for cooking purposes my acne vanished.

Acne’s cause is for everyone different, but trying this out could help you if you haven’t already. :) 

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

@Max_V Thanks for sharing. 

I actually don't think I consume oils... I don't cook with oils ?.

I've put it down to being female and hormones ? I have never in my life suffered with acne until my mid twenties and there's me thinking I got away with it. Funny though, the acne first started at my chin/jaw line it's literally stopped in that area and made its way down to my chest/top of back. 

@Charlotte Could indeed be what is causing it. If you eat whole foods and plant based and keep oil intake low, diet is very unlikely to be the culprit. Unless there is still some foodgroup your body doesn’t tolerate very well.

Do you have a lot of stress and/or emotional craziness :p? 

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

@Max_V

23 minutes ago, Max_V said:

Do you have a lot of stress and/or emotional craziness

On a daily basis (except for the odd day or odd circumstance)

I am calm/neutral/happy/peaceful so I'd say no. 

@Charlotte Mhh, then if you’ve ruled out diet and mental-state, hormones is really the only thing that remains isn’t it?

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

@Charlotte Well I hope it passes soon then, I wish you the best ?

In the depths of winter,

- Albert Camus

If you live in a cold country I would also advice you avoid drinking milk, you have enough “slime” as it is in your throat. 

Edited by Spiral

I think like many other things that could be healthy for some and unhealthy for others, milk is one of them. I have read tons of argument about how unhealthy dairy products are but I my experience is completely different. I know people who are 80+ and have consumed dairy throughout their lives and are quite healthy.

I am an Indian and I think Indians have evolved to digest/process dairy products well, for example in India I have never heard of anything like 'lactose intolerance'. A large percentage of Indians became vegetarian thousands of years ago and started consuming milk in the everyday diet.

So whether dairy products are healthy or unhealthy depends on your genes and probably also the species/breed of the animal whose product you consume and also what its fed,etc.

the evidence is out there and it is incredibly overhwelming. Study after study on pubmed showing harmful effects. 

But since this is a forever ongoing discussion on this forum just like a meat, you'll just have to test it for yourself and figure out how it makes you feel. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus