beaucoup

Energetic Dangers of Psychedelics

25 posts in this topic

Ever since I first heard of psychedelics in a spiritual context and then finally took one myself for the first time, I believed in their potential as a spiritual catalyst and so on. Lately though, I've been coming across some concerns regarding the energetic effects of psychedelics. The main one being that most psychedelics are so energetically powerful that they have the ability to overwhelm the energetic system of the body and therefore damage it. 

Now, with this post I just intend to gather some opinions. 

Do you guys think there are energetic dangers to taking psychedelics? If yes, do you think that particular substances are more or less dangerous in this regard - and what do you think about 5-Meo in this context? And lastly - if you think there are energetic 'dangers' - what in your opinion would be the practical consequence of that? Not taking them at all, taking them in small doses, doing other energetic practices to open the system, or maybe just babystepping the dosages even more drastically? 

@Nahm If i was to relate it to an organ or something I'd say I was referring to the brain, or the nervous system respectively, yet I wasn't really talking about physical damage in the common sense - rather energetic problems. Here is a comment from Leo that he posted in the 5-Meo megathread a while back that expresses these concerns quite well. 

Be careful with doing big intense doses of 5-MeO. It's very powerful energetically and I'm sure it could mangle your energetic system if overdone. Snorting is more gentle.

As I learn more about chakras and yoga, I'm becoming more wary of opening energy channels up too rapidly. Faster and stronger is definitely not always better. All good yogic systems are designed to gently unlock your spiritual energies precisely because otherwise there will be problems down the road.

What is your take on that, regarding your own personal experience with psychedelics?

Yeah Leo has said in a video that he has scars on his fingertips from a 5-MEO trip (I think it was) from an energetic release. So yeah, start small and be careful with whatever you do.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

44 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Yeah Leo has said in a video that he has scars on his fingertips from a 5-MEO trip (I think it was) from an energetic release. So yeah, start small and be careful with whatever you do.

Can you link me the video?

The psychedelics help us to move the focus attention to the whole body/mind system. 

So for the indoctrinated human being that follows only logic, right path, being good or bad, being inexperienced in knowing the so called "subconscious mind", than the subject will get lost in the process, and maybe hurt him/her selves. 

I would say is safer for a child to take psychedelics than a full grown 50 year old human. Because the body/mind matrix of the child is easier malleable. But i do not encourage children in this, it was only an example. 

Namaste, Mfks! 

Anything is possible. I personally have never experienced issues with energy besides needing to breath more, but I have also never done 5-meo DMT.

At moderate doses I personally haven't experienced energetic damage.

Blasting yourself with high doses of 5-MeO, for example, definitely could cause energetic damage. Once you're in the 30mg+ range, you're playing with fire. I experienced some energetic damage at 30mg, but it was still worth it. And now I'm more cautious.

You have to remember that many spiritual techniques can release energy.

We know that people successfully take mushrooms in the 25-30 gram range. And they seem fine. We also know that people have taken hundreds of doses of LSD and N,N-DMT and they seem fine. So taking a few grams of mushrooms or a few tabs of LSD should be a drop in the bucket for most people.

Of course judge for yourself via direct experience. Your results may be different.

Psychedelics are a cutting-edge field. There's still much about them we don't know and most yogi's, monks, enlightened masters have never seriously used them, so their opinions are not to be trusted.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I think by energetic damage OP means our actual life force/spirit/soul ect... in more scientific term (electrons). People above already have given excellent answers. If i could add anything more i'd say make sure to meditate often and have daily spiritual practice when doing psychedelics so you can be more in-tune with your true self/higher self and energy fields ad bodies and know how to listen to your inner-truth so you have source-guidance and a higher clarity with you at all times.

Physical damage is rare but then again everything physical stems from energy vibrating at a particular frequency thus creation/manipulation of matter.

B R E A T H E

@Pernani I dont remember which it was, youll have to ask Leo, it was a very short segment in the video.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

17 hours ago, beaucoup said:

Do you guys think there are energetic dangers to taking psychedelics? If yes, do you think that particular substances are more or less dangerous in this regard - and what do you think about 5-Meo in this context? And lastly - if you think there are energetic 'dangers' - what in your opinion would be the practical consequence of that? Not taking them at all, taking them in small doses, doing other energetic practices to open the system, or maybe just babystepping the dosages even more drastically? 

I think it's a very real variable, but overall it's low risk if used very responsibly. 

The term energy in this context is kind of vague. Any substantial leap in consciousness is going to have a physiological counter-part that integrates at its own pace over time. Sometimes through brute forcing, bad karma or bad luck people can unleash a whole can of 'energy' which is going to result in anything from mild discomfort to full on psychosis. Of course these things also happen without drugs. No substance in and of itself is creating energy but it's temporarily reorganizing psychic function and often sedating certain aspects of experience which opens the flow of energy centers temporarily. That kind of 'energetic' stuff is usually well managed by your bodies latent intelligence and has an uplifting and purifying effect.

That's kind of different to the overall logarithmic increase of energy within the nervous system as a whole as one raises in consciousness or accesses higher states temporarily. That's the kind of energy that makes you realize why it's not always wise to want to skip a grade in consciousness.

In my personal experience and from observation of shared experiences and general reports, the usual suspects like LSD & Psilocybin do not create excess energy in the system at degrees worthy of concern. I can't speak for DMT or 5meo. 

Edited by Arman

I've spent the last 6 years reading trip reports and watching the community of psychonauts online, and for some reason, this never has really popped up aside from Leo's report.

And from my own experiences, (12 regular trips medium dosed trips, a bunch of weed, and 7x 5-MeO trip or so (highest was 30 mg plugged)), energetic overload it never seemed to be relevant in anyway

Even though I went to states of high energy, close to surrendering, and then going back into ego contraction, which you would think might be difficult, but the energy always attuned appropriately (it is a reflection of your openness/holding on anyways).

I think it's that life is so tuned to this process (like literally, spiritual growth/awakening is the main point of physical life), it just supports you, and if you walk the path earnestly, you'll see the wind is blowing in back constantly.

So taking psychedelics, because you want to open up/grow (as apposed to escaping, using them for ego reasons like looking cool, identifying with experiences), I don't think there's really ever the danger as long as you're not being irresponsible.

And anyways, this is not about physical well being or pleasant sensations at the end of the, awakening is taking you beyond it anyways (though the physical gets nicely balanced and flourishes because of it).

On 26/03/2018 at 6:05 AM, beaucoup said:

Do you guys think there are energetic dangers to taking psychedelics?  

I’ve spoken to clairvoyants and energy healers about the damage drugs (especially psychedelics) can wreak on ones energy field, and there was always one consensus throughout 

- Drugs cause anywhere from small to gaping holes in your energy field (aura) as you grow more and more open

- Expanding ones consciousness without the proper intent can cause unknown/unwanted energy to latch onto your open field

- Always do a cleanse before and after your experience to ensure all unwanted energy does not remain latchched onto your field once you start to close down (become sober) 

Edited by Keanu

11 minutes ago, Keanu said:

I’ve spoken to clairvoyants and energy healers about the damage drugs (especially psychedelics) can wreak on ones energy field, and there was always one consensus throughout 

- Drugs cause anywhere from small to gaping holes in your energy field (aura) as you grow more and more open

- Expanding ones consciousness without the proper intent can cause unknown/unwanted energy to latch onto your open field

- Always do a cleanse before and after your experience to ensure all unwanted energy does not remain latchched onto your field once you start to close down (become sober) 

How would you cleanse yourself from bad energies ?

3 minutes ago, Lynnel said:

How would you cleanse yourself from bad energies ?

There are many ways, food, sleep, period of rest & mediation are a few of the most effective

Though my personal favourite, as it is quick and powerful is using intention of though

An example would be when you feel yourself starting to close back up, speak or think something like ‘I ask of you to cleanse, clear and purify myself, let all unwanted energy go with love and acceptance’ 

You can of course use whatever words you like, as it is more about the intention than the actual words, as they are just a tool

And if you have any grounding Crystals they are always helpful too

@beaucoup This reminds me of all the strategies my ego tried to maintain control. “What if such and such happens”? “What if I freak out or do something harmful?”, “How can I make the experience more gentle and spiritual?” What if psychedelics fry my mind? . . . And on and on. . . 

Psychedelics aren’t for the faint of heart.  If you have anxiety start low and increase. The “harm” of psychedelics is stripping away the facade and exposing truth. That you have no free will and your whole self identity is an illusion. 

Low doses can be fun, fascinating and insightful. High doses are death. As a novice, those experiences were the most terrifying of my life, by far. I was in more danger of killing myself than “energetic damage”. Yet, there is an indescribable liberation on the other side.

@Serotoninluv No free will, for me, would go along with no responsabilities and no purpose of the existence of life. If psychedelics have a tendency to make people think or feel they have no free will, they surely are messing up big times, because our free will is our only true possession in the first place imo.

My perspective is that we have a Will to exercize, and choose which reality to actualize at each moment, building up mindfully our inner and outer reality. Infinite different paths are experientially available, yet, it is up to us to connect with those of our choice. 

Therefore, exercizing our free will in an all-encompassing infinite reality where every potential exists, IS the ONLY game we're playing. It would be a misrepresentation to think that because every path exists, therefore there is no free will. It is, indeed, because every path exists, that we can travel in a unique pattern corresponding to our conscious existence, carving our own personal movie in the Infinite Mind of the All.

I'd be interested to have some comments on that. I've already entertained the thought that psychedelics could, contrary to their apparent benefit, cause underlying energetic issues undermining the exercise of our full will, that are subtle enough not to be researched, unless the case is obvious.

Edited by Shugo

Thanks for the responses everyone!

@Keanu Actually those are exactly the kinds of concerns I was talking about, especially the one with the holes in your aura. Yet, I'm still skeptical about it. How do these energy healers you've talked to know about the damage psychedelics can cause? Have they had clients who were psychedelic users, or even experienced them themselves? And also, I'm a novice to energy fields and just starting to get into yoga, therefore, what really is an aura? And how is it effected if there is a hole in it? Dont wanna sound close-minded, It's just something I have no personal experience of, therefore the skepticism. 

Edited by beaucoup

12 hours ago, Keanu said:

These are the typical new age fears that have no basis in reality, fantasies of 'holes' that make your energy poor out, 'bad energy'.

There is only one energy, it's perfect and there are no holes in it. 

There is only the contrast between fear/contraction/disharmony, and allowance/freedom/flow.

And there's physical caution you can have, which does correlate also with your state of being (being in a disharmonious unpresent state creates a disharmonious reality (for the sake of teaching you to come to your Self again)).

@beaucoup

Your aura is just another form of energy, much like a heat signature, I recommend studying multiple sources of what it is, how to notice it, and what you can do with it, then come to your own understanding from experience, as it will be more accurate and tailored to you than what somebody can tell you.

A hole allows new insights, information and experience to appear, an aura that rarely experiences openings is usually someone who sticks to routine, habitual tasks, their comfort zone or place of security, essentially most humans, growth is inevitable but slow

now taking a psychedelic is equivalent to blasting a hole and ripping your aura apart, allowing infinity to be presented in new and drastic ways, some people can accept and learn from these experiences, others cannot, and need to retreat back to their previous worldview, this is where unwanted energy comes into play, and where having an intention before going into the experience, one as simple as ‘I will accept and see whatever may be presented’ can help tremendously

@AlwaysBeNice

I cannot know what you believe, but since you are an active member here you will be familiar with the concept of infinity, and recognise with that comes no limit

Edited by Keanu