Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

1,828 posts in this topic

How's everyone kriya practice? Thread is dying!

Sadhguru says its useles to learn yoga from a book and even dangerous, that it has to ve learned from the right person at the right place, he even says he wont teach it in a random place. Leo has referenced him as a hood master but then he inspire us to learn yoga from a book. I guess sadhguru knows more about yoga than leo. 

Im confused can someone with knoledge about yoga explain this. 

Also have you experienced great changes since starting this practices? 

@Guillem12 If Sadhguru said it is useless to learn yoga from a book then Sadhguru is wrong. 

@Guillem12 I'm new to kriya but if many people (including Leo) see great results by doing kriya from books, it can't be useless right.

I shoot vids about health (https://bit.ly/395NEhj)

Hey guys,

I have some question in the book "Kriya Secrets Revealed"

pg 97 “First Part of Kriya Pranayama Procedure: Tongue Raising”

Q1: How to do this? Mouth closed or opened? I think the tongue raising technique is introduced in the later chapters.

pg 99 Bhrumadhya Kriya Pranayama Procedure #1

“This form of Kriya can be practiced at any time, day or night without preparation.”

Q2: Is empty stomach not required for this technique?

pg 99 Bhrumadhya Kriya Pranayama Procedure # 4:

“Hold the breath and then visualize”

Q3: For how long? 3 seconds?

pg 100: Kriya Pranayama

“While breathing, make sure not to raise the ribcage. The breathing should come from the abdomen.”

Q4: While proceeding Ujjayi Pranayama, shouldn't the chest expand? So do I expand the chest for Ujjayi Pranayama during preparation and breath through the abdomen for Kriya Pranayama?

Pg108: Maha Mudra

Q5: Can I breathe between switching legs? After I exhale, I run out of breath and am not able to hold my breath until the next inhale. Is holding breath until I start the next inhale recommended?

Posted (edited)

4 hours ago, byjjr93 said:

Hey guys,

I have some question in the book "Kriya Secrets Revealed"

pg 97 “First Part of Kriya Pranayama Procedure: Tongue Raising”

Q1: How to do this? Mouth closed or opened? I think the tongue raising technique is introduced in the later chapters.

pg 99 Bhrumadhya Kriya Pranayama Procedure #1

“This form of Kriya can be practiced at any time, day or night without preparation.”

Q2: Is empty stomach not required for this technique?

pg 99 Bhrumadhya Kriya Pranayama Procedure # 4:

“Hold the breath and then visualize”

Q3: For how long? 3 seconds?

pg 100: Kriya Pranayama

“While breathing, make sure not to raise the ribcage. The breathing should come from the abdomen.”

Q4: While proceeding Ujjayi Pranayama, shouldn't the chest expand? So do I expand the chest for Ujjayi Pranayama during preparation and breath through the abdomen for Kriya Pranayama?

Pg108: Maha Mudra

Q5: Can I breathe between switching legs? After I exhale, I run out of breath and am not able to hold my breath until the next inhale. Is holding breath until I start the next inhale recommended?

Page 97 -

I think you are referring to Kechari Mudra or limited Kechari Mudra. If you cannot do a complete Kechari Mudra then you can do the limited Kechari Mudra where you take the tip of the tongue and place it on the soft palate of your upper mouth, you have to travel to the behind part to find the soft palate. Once you make that connection you have reached limited Kechari Mudra.

Mouth closed.

Page 99 -

Since you are holding the breath, maybe it's better to do it on empty stomach.

Duration - after 10 to 20 seconds of holding it, then visualization.

Page 100-

Abdomen breathing is better for Ujjayi too I feel.

I am sorry I haven't started with Mahamudra.

Edited by Pacific Sage

Form is emptiness, emptiness is form.

What you resist, persists.

On 4/3/2020 at 4:44 AM, herghly said:

How's everyone kriya practice? Thread is dying!

Hey @herghly!

My practice has stayed the same for a while now, Nadi shodana, ujjayi Pranayama, talabya, om japa and KP.

How's yours going?

@byjjr93 Hi sir, I'm new to kriya but I think we should keep the exhale when switching legs. I have the same problem but you don't have to hold the exhale for a long time, you can just switch the legs rapidly, that's what I do.

How do you guys deal with shakiness and involuntary movements while doing kriya? It gets really intense during and after Kriya Supreme Fire for me

@Villager Albert 

I don't know if it could be excess of energy to the system or the core of the body is unable to handle energy. 

Either ways you could try strengthening your core and check in two or three weeks if the shaking reduces.

Just thinking out loud of solutions 🙏

Posted (edited)

@Villager Albert

How many seconds do you take for one round of inhale and exhale during your practice, before doing supreme fire Kriya?

Edited by Pacific Sage

23 hours ago, Villager Albert said:

How do you guys deal with shakiness and involuntary movements while doing kriya? It gets really intense during and after Kriya Supreme Fire for me

That's supposed to happen. Is not a bad thing lol. Don't try to suppress energy release!

2 hours ago, Pacific Sage said:

@Villager Albert

How many seconds do you take for one round of inhale and exhale during your practice, before doing supreme fire Kriya?

I started doing supreme fire before kriya pranayama, right after maha mudra. Pranayama's typically 24-36 rounds, 50s each round.

Thanks for the tips by the way, I think my core is strong but I might be wrong, will incorporate more core exercises.

@Villager Albert

Omg are you serious?

Do you really inhale for 25 seconds and exhale for 25 seconds?

I mean is this for real? If it is, hats of to you man! It definitely is a big feat! Good going.

@Pacific Sage Thank you man :) I didn't know it's supposed to be hard, I'm probably doing something wrong then :D

I think you were right about the core strength, I've added some more planks and stuff into my routine, hope it'll help :)

@Villager Albert

It indeed is a big feat for me personally😄

I can get 10 - 11 seconds each inhale and each exhale. Do use Ujjayi Pranayama to extend the inhale and exhale so much? It's really quite interesting for me that you are able to do that. That's almost like one breath per minute. Super amazing. Am quite happy with my current 3 breaths per minute.

@Pacific Sage I think VO2 max plays a huge role. It's highly genetic but you can probably double it in a single year if you're very active.

3 breaths per minute is nice if you can breathe like that outside kriya cause most people take like 16 breaths per minute :)

Do you also struggle with KSF or am I the only one? I've heard you're supposed to hold it for 2 minutes and most days I'm happy if I can do 90 seconds.

Posted (edited)

7 hours ago, Villager Albert said:

@Pacific Sage I think VO2 max plays a huge role. It's highly genetic but you can probably double it in a single year if you're very active.

3 breaths per minute is nice if you can breathe like that outside kriya cause most people take like 16 breaths per minute :)

Do you also struggle with KSF or am I the only one? I've heard you're supposed to hold it for 2 minutes and most days I'm happy if I can do 90 seconds.

Yea I try 5-6 breaths a minute frequently through out the day.

Ah no, the reason I haven't started with KSF is because I can comfortably hold my breath for about 45 seconds and I can push it to above a minute but that's uncomfortable. I am still working on my breath retention. 90 seconds is pretty good for KSF I believe.

Edited by Pacific Sage