Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,126 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, giglio said:

I emailed JC Stevens, the author of the book a few days ago to clarify many of the questions I have and he has not responded. If you have the book his Gmail address is in the very last page so you may want to email him. If enough people email him maybe he will get on here and clarify some things or respond. In Maha mudra, does anyone know if you inhale and exhale through the nose or mouth? I tried inhaling and exhaling through the nose and it's pretty hard when you're doing the exercise. But I've seen videos where people are inhaling and exhaling through the mouth. In the book he doesn't clarify. I did it through the nose because pretty much all the exercises up into this point he specifically says to inhale and exhale through the nose. 

@giglio I got the same issue, and also, do you do the restriction in the throat as well?

Couple questions. I got to om japa in the kriyas but I dont really get it. What is this "ong" supposed to sound like? Is it supposed to be said at a certain frequency? does this frequency change as you up up and down the chakras. It says you'r only supposed to stay at each chakra for like 2 seconds but also talks about "feeling" these chakras. I don't feel anything from them and find myself just moreso conceptualizing their appearance and location. 

Additionally... have you guys ever found yourself just stalling? I had CRAZY deep experiences within my first couple weeks with this book, but within the past month, I've just been having no good results at all.. and by that I mean that I can't get any sort of depth to my meditation. I just sit there and can't get outta my head the whole time. 

@phoenix666@ULFBERHT

On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 1:10 AM, trustyadam said:
On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 1:10 AM, trustyadam said:

@trustyadam Couple questions. I got to om japa in the kriyas but I dont really get it. What is this "ong" supposed to sound like? Is it supposed to be said at a certain frequency? does this frequency change as you up up and down the chakras. It says you'r only supposed to stay at each chakra for like 2 seconds but also talks about "feeling" these chakras. I don't feel anything from them and find myself just moreso conceptualizing their appearance and location. 

Additionally... have you guys ever found yourself just stalling? I had CRAZY deep experiences within my first couple weeks with this book, but within the past month, I've just been having no good results at all.. and by that I mean that I can't get any sort of depth to my meditation. I just sit there and can't get outta my head the whole time. 

Couple questions. I got to om japa in the kriyas but I dont really get it. What is this "ong" supposed to sound like? Is it supposed to be said at a certain frequency? does this frequency change as you up up and down the chakras. It says you'r only supposed to stay at each chakra for like 2 seconds but also talks about "feeling" these chakras. I don't feel anything from them and find myself just moreso conceptualizing their appearance and location.

Pasted it in the wrong spot, but he shows you how to say "Ong." 

I feel really sad that I am not doing this with all of you...logically/ integrally it's just what I need...and from my heart, I feel such resonance...I am terribly ashamed that I don't have a clue how to order a booklist or a book with a computer...

there is a "real yoga" center in my community...I've been debating going there instead.. but... with the exception of community dinners and Kirtan, it's likely too distracting for everyone if I have my child there...

so, I go back to the Kriya plan...but...I have no online banking, or paypal, etc...If it's not too much trouble, can someone please walk me through the easiest process/options to order things... a private message is fine as I'm sure everybody else will already know how to do this stuff....thanks :|O.o:(o.O:P

Is anyone else having headaches while doing mahamudra ?

@Lynnel I haven't had any headaches, but I had to skip some days of kriya. During some sessions, I literally couldn't continue the practice because I would get so aggravated I just had to quit in the middle. I would be filled with so much rage. I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but this practice really seems to aggravate my ego. It makes me feel pissed off at everything lol. Never really felt this much rage with meditation.

Edited by onacloudynight

11 hours ago, Lynnel said:

Is anyone else having headaches while doing mahamudra ?

Not while doing mahamudra as I’m not that far yet, but I’ve had head aches from focusing on medulla during the concentration practice. I think they’re normal when the third eye is concerned. ?

My lungs kinda hurt when I sit cross legged and do the deep breathing. Anyone else experience this in the beggining? I can do deep breathing in a chair but when I’m cross legged it feels like I’m really straining my lungs.

On 4/28/2018 at 9:23 PM, onacloudynight said:

@Lynnel I haven't had any headaches, but I had to skip some days of kriya. During some sessions, I literally couldn't continue the practice because I would get so aggravated I just had to quit in the middle. I would be filled with so much rage. I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but this practice really seems to aggravate my ego. It makes me feel pissed off at everything lol. Never really felt this much rage with meditation.

I think this is a huge sign of progress, heared of sanskaras? it's like boss battles on the way to the final boss: the ego. its deep mental habits that get uncovered after spiritual progress. read a bit about this, dont stop when you start to get agitated, just be the witness of the agitation. read "conquest of mind" its an insanely great book that presents a lot of good information on how to advance spiritually.

I dont understand what to concentrate on during the concentration period.

the author said first on bhrumadya, but then he said not to focus too much on it in the tips, he also said to focus on medulla, and on a bunch of sounds if they appear. i havent heared any sounds yet. what am i supposed to concentrate on?

I always inhale through nose exhale through the mouth

What mantras do you use?

6 hours ago, Viking said:

I dont understand what to concentrate on during the concentration period.

the author said first on bhrumadya, but then he said not to focus too much on it in the tips, he also said to focus on medulla, and on a bunch of sounds if they appear. i havent heared any sounds yet. what am i supposed to concentrate on?

I understood it like this:

Concentrate on medulla (the point where the neck meets the skull at the back) while looking (with your eyes closed) towards the point between your eyebrows, but without straining the eyes.

Then, if you see a light or hear sounds (or feel sensations, I might add), focus on them and try to hold the focus there.

@Pallero Thanks.

I have a question. in Ujjayi pranayama the author tells to expand the chest while breathing with the diaphragm, although challenging, I managed to do that, BUT then, when I come to the first part of kriya paranayama, he tells not to raise the ribcage? is this breathing different from Ujjayi? or did he mean to breathe from the belly since the very beginning?

I am currently integrating Maha Mudra into my Kriya routine. I have some trouble doing the inhale and exhale slowly and only doing the 3 Kriya breaths per set because my body starts protesting when there is that little air coming in. Does anyone have some tips for me ? At the moment i am doing the breaths in like 4 seconds and can barely chant om 6 times before my diaphragm starts contracting and i can hold my breath relatively long. Thanks for reading.

do i have to do kechari mudra during first kriya pranayama? firstly i cant do it, and the limited kechari mudra is very difficult, my tongue starts to ache.

21 hours ago, Mart said:

I am currently integrating Maha Mudra into my Kriya routine. I have some trouble doing the inhale and exhale slowly and only doing the 3 Kriya breaths per set because my body starts protesting when there is that little air coming in. Does anyone have some tips for me ? At the moment i am doing the breaths in like 4 seconds and can barely chant om 6 times before my diaphragm starts contracting and i can hold my breath relatively long. Thanks for reading.

i would guess cut down the duration of the breaths, with time the duration will increase.

@Viking i also can't do kechari mudra. I just close my jaws and flip my tongue back as far as i can without having it distract me during the breaths. Later on the book also gives a routine you should do before bed including yoni mudra and one other technique. It's probably a good idea for both of us to also do 50 more talaba kriya sets before bed. The techniques get quite difficult but it does make for a great concentration practice and it really calms the mind. Good luck with your practice !

On 28. April 2018 at 8:23 PM, onacloudynight said:

bite the bullet and just go through with it. could be a good sign that it's working. don't you guys think?

the last 4-5 sessions I had to deal with a pretty strong nausea. (that's very unusual for me, I'm rarely nauseated) I almost had to give up, once I took a short break. what do you think, could this be an ego backlash or something like that? I just took myself together and went through with the practice anyway, but it wasn't easy, massive resistance.

anyone experiencing something similar?

ps. @Viking  I'm also far from mastering kechari mudra xD I just do it the same way @Mart described above :)

Edited by phoenix666

whatever arises, love that

On 29/04/2018 at 10:20 PM, herghly said:

I always inhale through nose exhale through the mouth

What mantras do you use?

Never exhale trough the mouth ! Only the nose unless specifically told so.

@phoenix666

17 hours ago, phoenix666 said:

bite the bullet and just go through with it. could be a good sign that it's working. don't you guys think?

the last 4-5 sessions I had to deal with a pretty strong nausea. (that's very unusual for me, I'm rarely nauseated) I almost had to give up, once I took a short break. what do you think, could this be an ego backlash or something like that? I just took myself together and went through with the practice anyway, but it wasn't easy, massive resistance.

anyone experiencing something similar?

ps. @Viking  I'm also far from mastering kechari mudra xD I just do it the same way @Mart described above :)

Yeah, I seemed to have had a massive ego backlash from this practice. I really tried pushing past it, but I kept running into massive rage which was causing me to become verbally abusive towards other people, which is why I stopped.

I have been on a 4 day hiatus, but will be resuming tonight. Hopefully without any setbacks!

Edited by onacloudynight