Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,121 posts in this topic

Do you do maya mudra on the pillow(if you use one like I do) or do you move to the floor?

I'm not to that part of the book/practice yet, but I'm having doubts that my Talabya exercises are going to lengthen my tongue enough to stick it up there. Hate to be a doubter, and I'll still do them of course, but damn I'm a long ways off from being able to do it. 

@PsiloPutty  Same here. I can't even get to Level 1 of Kechari Mudra. I guess you can always cut the frenulum :P

Edited by onacloudynight

@phoenix666   How blown would our minds be to learn that Gene's tongue is so long because he's an enlightened Kriyaban who had his frenulum cut? And that the original title was "I Wanna Kriya Yoga All Night" but Paul and the rest of them voted to change it?    

Hey guys, I just started doing lesson 1-4 in the book on Leo's List. I noticed during the concentration lesson, while focusing on Bhrumadhya my lower spine started to shake uncontrollably. Then my whole body started shaking and I felt like crying but there was no physical pain occurring. Anyone else experience this? 

9 minutes ago, Sukhpaal said:

Hey guys, I just started doing lesson 1-4 in the book on Leo's List. I noticed during the concentration lesson, while focusing on Bhrumadhya my lower spine started to shake uncontrollably. Then my whole body started shaking and I felt like crying but there was no physical pain occurring. Anyone else experience this? 

Yes, this is normal. Happens to me frequently. It means the practice is working.

Expect a lot of weird shit to happen while doing Kriya. If you haven't seen Leo's video on the dark side of meditation I would highly recommend you watch it. He covers all the weird shit that could happen while doing these type of practices. 

The key with these type of experiences is just to surrender to it and allow it to happen, without making a big deal of it in your mind. It will pass. Definitely don't try to fight or resist it. Accept it.

Edited by onacloudynight

1 hour ago, phoenix666 said:

@PsiloPutty possible side effects of Kriya Yoga:Pnews_1410345667_54102ac36d114.jpg

Ye apropos, has any of the more experienced people here reached lvl 4 khechari mudra? Is it possible without cutting the frenulum? 

@onacloudynight Thanks man!, I was just confused because I just started. It's crazy how fast things start happening with yoga

Edited by Sukhpaal
adding stuff

@PsiloPutty xD

@Sukhpaal yeah, I was also surprised because I definitively felt something going on right where the manipura/4th chakra is supposed to be. I felt something I could describe as a strong energy ball there. I was only 10 day or so into the habit, so I didn't exactly expect it. but yeah, definitively a good sign. it must be working. :)

@DnoReally definitively not. but I already noticed a slight improvement after only two weeks. this motivates me, in the book he is talking over months and years :)

whatever arises, love that

today I felt something like a cold energy around my throat. it wasn't exactly subtle. also a blue light appeared while focusing on Bhrumadhya.

and helpo.O in the last days I felt like energy releases in my abdominal region during kriya. I don't know if this can really have to do something with it, but today I noticed that my skin is peeling off in my navel. I only noticed because I felt a slight pulling/itching around my bellybutton, so I gave it a look. first time I noticed something like this.

can this happen? O.o anyone experiencing something similar?:S

After three weeks into this practise I can feel certain things going on but I cant really describe it yet. But im gently building up these techniques and I got some issues:

Ujjayi pranayama

I have a really hard time with the inhale while doing ujjayi pranayama, in the Book it says 10-15 sec, but then I have to breave really slow. On the other hand I have problem exhaling fast enough while restricting, ending up blowing the last breath out normally. Also ive read that the sound shouldnt be heard by a person sitting next to me.

Asana

My bloodcirculation gets cut off on the leg with the foot closest to the perinium. Am I sitting wrong or am i not flexible enough? 

7 hours ago, phoenix666 said:

today I felt something like a cold energy around my throat. it wasn't exactly subtle. also a blue light appeared while focusing on Bhrumadhya.

and helpo.O in the last days I felt like energy releases in my abdominal region during kriya. I don't know if this can really have to do something with it, but today I noticed that my skin is peeling off in my navel. I only noticed because I felt a slight pulling/itching around my bellybutton, so I gave it a look. first time I noticed something like this.

can this happen? O.o anyone experiencing something similar?:S

I have a zit that is literally right on my third eye. I must be focusing on my third eye too much lol.

I do feel releases in the abdominal region though, especially when I am doing Maha Mudra. In your case, the skin peeling is probably just a coincidence or maybe related. I have no idea. It seems pretty tame to me, so I wouldn't be too worried about unless all your skin starts falling off. :P

Edited by onacloudynight

@onacloudynight there are no coincidences ;) your zit and my skin peeling tells us Kriya is actually moving something.

although - I start worrying about the adverse effects. tongue elongation. molting. we might morph into reptiles?xD

@Sukhpaal yeah man, its totally normal, happens to me too.

just surrender and itll be fun

On 4/13/2018 at 6:25 AM, Paan said:

After three weeks into this practise I can feel certain things going on but I cant really describe it yet. But im gently building up these techniques and I got some issues:

Ujjayi pranayama

I have a really hard time with the inhale while doing ujjayi pranayama, in the Book it says 10-15 sec, but then I have to breave really slow. On the other hand I have problem exhaling fast enough while restricting, ending up blowing the last breath out normally. Also ive read that the sound shouldnt be heard by a person sitting next to me.

Asana

My bloodcirculation gets cut off on the leg with the foot closest to the perinium. Am I sitting wrong or am i not flexible enough? 

Work your way up to the 10-15 sec.. If 7 sec. is all you can get right now, comfortably, then stick with that. On inhale,breathe and expand into the belly first (diaphragmatic breathing),then up into the chest.  This is a full yogic breath. Longer inhale and exhale will come with practice.

Relax the epiglottis just a bit on the exhale for a smoother,relaxed exhalation.  Work on relaxing the abdomen when inhaling and exhaling. The only time there should be abdominal tension is on the emptying of the breath at the end of the exhale. Relax the tension again upon inhale. All this will come with practice. You're learning a new way of breathing,so some tension and clunkiness are normal in the beginning. With time,you will relax into it more and the process will gradually get smoother and more refined. The best advice right now  is not to strain so much. Relax more and make it an enjoyable process.

For the asana,use a small cushion or something similar to elevate the hips a bit. This should fix the circulation problem. Also consider looking into a couple of yoga "hip openers", to relax and open the hips a bit.

Edited by who chit

Ujjayi Pranayama confusion...

The author's description of diaphramatic breathing is... In-breath - 'make sure to expand the chest and slightly pull the abdomen inward'; 'outbreath - 'use the diaphragm to push the air out of your lungs'. This appears to be contrary to my understanding of diaphragmatic breathing - I understood that on the in-breath one should be expanding the belly, not the chest, pushing the diaphragm downwards, then on the out-breath the diaphragm is relaxed and the abs are slightly engaged to push the last bit of breath out. Youtube videos confirm my understanding as correct.

Have I confused what he's trying to say, or is he re-defining diaphragmatic breathing as its opposite, in contradiction with yogic wisdom I've encountered in the past?