WildeChilde

Is This The Highest State of Awareness?

23 posts in this topic

I'm reading a book now by Jan Esmann called Lovebliss: The Essence of Self-Realization, and in it he seems to suggest that there is a higher level of awareness than even sahaja samadhi (classical enlightenment) called Shiva consciousness:

"It can only be reached through Siddha Yoga, which means the Yoga of Shaktipāt. In this yoga, which is also known as Kundalinī Maha Yoga, you get visions of what we call pearls: small luminous dots appearing in your field of vision whether your eyes are closed or open or whether you are meditating or not. In the beginning, they come in meditation, but later also when out of meditation. There is a white, a black, a red and a blue pearl. The Blue Pearl is the highest and seeing it is actually a blessing in itself, even though you may feel no different from it. If you are fortunate enough to enter the Blue Pearl, you enter an infinite cyan-blue space, or infinite void of supreme cyan-blue lovebliss. It fills the entire universe, yet the entire universe is contained in that small pearl. If you have this supreme experience, or reach this state (language fails: you ARE THIS), which is the most supreme any yogi can have, then you by definition become a Siddha: A perfected being."

Jan's language and concepts are a bit arcane, so I'm not sure how prevalent this idea is.  Is anybody familiar with this? Thanks guys.

"You will soon be going about like the converted, and the revivalist, warning people against all the sins of which you have grown tired."- Oscar Wilde

I have a hard time believing anyone has fully cracked enlightenment. 

If we were to say "Oh this was pretty good, yeah that looks like the highest enlightenment to me, that's all of it enough said" that would be foolish. 

You'd be cutting yourself off from any possibility of it going deeper.

Reality is supposedly infinite, right? Therefore there would be no highest awareness, it can get endlessly "high".

A question: Where does that 'blue pearl' arise?/ To whom does that 'blue pearl' arise?

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

3 hours ago, Preetom said:

A question: Where does that 'blue pearl' arise?/ To whom does that 'blue pearl' arise?

Good question! :)

Aaaaw I wish everything was blue love with pearls!! That sounds like unicorn land!

A mind that is alert and yet passive. Observation without a center/self/thought. 

To see what is is the actual.

To understand what is requires a state of mind in which there is no identification or condemnation. 

3 hours ago, Preetom said:

Good question! :)

Aaaaw I wish everything was blue love with pearls!! That sounds like unicorn land!

6 hours ago, Staples said:

I have a hard time believing anyone has fully cracked enlightenment. 

If we were to say "Oh this was pretty good, yeah that looks like the highest enlightenment to me, that's all of it enough said" that would be foolish. 

You'd be cutting yourself off from any possibility of it going deeper.

Reality is supposedly infinite, right? Therefore there would be no highest awareness, it can get endlessly "high".

No. Enlightenment just means end of duality, nothing more, nothing else.

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

2 hours ago, Saumaya said:

No. Enlightenment just means end of duality, nothing more, nothing

Edited by ADD

There are infinite higher states, it never ends.

B R E A T H E

I see those pearls for nearly four years. Everyday. Mostly white. black Pearl's come to a lesser extent   and red Pearl's rarely. Maybe once or twice I have seen a blue one or a purple one for just a sec. White ones are my thoughts black I belive are the thoughts that do not serve me. I'm not sure about red. Maybe they warn me about something. About the other two,They are just devine.the only source I had of these orbs was from abraham hicks who said that they are blocks of thoughts translating into light vibrations... Could you please tell me more about those things and how can they be understood and explored. 

Don't think so, no. I used to follow Jan for a while. The kundalini path is a valid one to an extent I guess but Jan's perspective is limited. All the pearl stuff etc is a distraction from my point of view, chasing of experiences. Very profound ones I'm sure but still.

I don't know, but once I stabilize in sahaja, I'll seriously give Siddha Yoga a try just to see what he's talking about.

Does he say whether it's actually a stage or a temporary state?

If it's a stage, I'd like to hear a better description.  I've heard people in sahaja give a similar description of a universe inside a snow globe or something like that, so I'm not sure it's a higher stable state rather than an experience in sahaja.

Edited by Haumea

@Haumea Basically he said for him it was a temporary state, but for the select few it's a stage.  This is him describing it; it sounds really rather exciting:

"Meeting the Blue Being

Once inside the Blue Pearl and immersed in (merged with) the Blue Infinite Void, you may get the darshan (graceful meeting with) of Lord Shiva. He may appear as Krishna, or whom so-ever you are devoted to, or whom so-ever He chooses. All gods like Rama and Krishna and so on are avatars of this one Blue Being, who is the one God taking a personal form for the sake of His devotee. If you get His darshan, or better: if He makes you One with Him for a few moments, your full enlightenmentis guaranteed and you will reach Shiva Consciousness eventually. If not in this life, then when you leave the body at death. Alternatively, if you have some unfinished business, in the next life.

Shiva Consciousness

If you enter the Blue Pearl and the pearl explodes so that you become permanently One with this Blue Infinite Void, then you become established in Shiva Consciousness. Or rather become Shiva Consciousness. I am not in this state, though I have experienced it clearly enough, so I will refrain from further comments."

"You will soon be going about like the converted, and the revivalist, warning people against all the sins of which you have grown tired."- Oscar Wilde

Awareness integrates with realms of one - awarnessless consciousness. Consciousness reduces itself into 3. and 3 becomes 7

@Haumea Basically he said for him it was a temporary state, but for the select few it's a stage.  This is him describing it; it sounds really rather exciting:

Did he give specific examples of people stabilized in this stage? 'Cause I'd love to pick their ear. :)

I honestly don't understand its implications.  How does it logically progress from lower stages?

I want to say it sounds like a florid God Consciousness experience (i.e. 800s) prior to self-realization, but I don't know, obviously.

I understand the progression of 600 to 1000, let's say: less and less distance between perceived Self And Other, until Other fully merges into The Self.

What more is there after that?

No idea.

OK, here's a link to his map of consciousness.

I'm familiar with everything upto Shiva Consciousness, and he describes them accurately as far as I can tell.

Certainly he gets "Unity Consciousness" and Sahaja right.  No complaints at all.

As time goes by the fluctuations of Unity Consciousness flatten out and you enter a stable state of Unity. Sahaja Samadhi does not have new qualities from Unity Consciousness, it is just that it becomes a completely stable state of constant awareness in your everyday life. "Sahaja" means "natural."

That's right on the money.

So, yeah, very intriguing.

Edit:  I did some research on what he's talking about.

Apparently the first teacher to mention the Blue Being was Swami Muktananda.

He was, like Osho, a pretty colorful guy to say the least.

I don't think he was more self-realized than Ramana Maharshi.

Jan Esmann had this experience while in the 800s/God Consciousness stage, which is pretty funky and such psychedelic experiences are possible.

I see no strong evidence that this is a stage beyond sahaja, so I'm gonna file it under "cool story, bro."

Edited by Haumea

Full Enlightenment is not a state, it's permanent.  You're just as Enlightened when you're sitting on the toilet as you are when you drop 5-MeO-DMT.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Haumea This map is great thank you :) 

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

4 hours ago, Shin said:

@Haumea This map is great thank you :) 

No problem!  Some background: Jan Esmann was a longtime TM meditator, so some of the stage names he uses are from Maharishi Mahesh Yogi's map that I remember from the early 90s (and probably going back a lot earlier.)

E.g. Unity Consciousness is one of these (I call it 1000, or The Absolute) as is God Consciousness (800s - although a lot of people use God Consciousness for it.)

Full Enlightenment is not a state, it's permanent.  

Which is why the whole Shiva Consciousness stage seems very fishy.

Edited by Haumea