How to be wise

Leo’s shopping video is very misleading.

38 posts in this topic

In that shopping video, Leo lists the top five problems as: wheat, dairy, corn, soy and artificial ingredients. 

And yet, he missed the most dangerous food of all: fast food. Fried chicken, fries and cheeseburgers are the cause of most obesity in the world. And yet, according to Dr Leo, if you stop eating wheat and sugar, gaining weight will be very hard. I would suggest that you stick with the advise given by doctors and well known health professionals, for your own very safety. 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

I was even more shocked seeing Leo having chicken and bacon in his Hawaii retreat video

All we need to do is eat whole plant based foods. Simple as that. Keep it varied otherwise you’ll get bored. Stay away from all animal products. Really we are frugivores so the ideal diet is just fruit but this is incredibly difficult to maintain. 

I thought the video was good with some good information, and I’m glad he’s doing some videos that get to the basics and don’t involve him talking about his awakenings on drugs, even though they can be quite interesting!

Could anybody please provide me with the evidence that "modern" wheat is problematic? Has there been research?

@Elisabeth

Wheat is problematic, because it's plain energy that's hard to digest and lacks nutrients. And that's a problem, because your body has evolved in such a way that it can't, by itself, reuse or synthesise all the molecules needed to sustain perfect health and body performance. Every organism has evolved to consume certain types of food that were accessible at the time and it turns out people are incompatible with wheat just as dogs are with chocolate.

@Elisabeth https://www.marksdailyapple.com/the-problems-with-modern-wheat/

that website is a great resource for all things healthy living. It's based on the premise that humans are animals and our genes have evolved to be adapted to a hunter gatherer lifestyle. Also see the book "Wheat Belly" for further info about wheat, also the following is a good video:

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

Most fast food has at least one of wheat soy added sugar corn or artificial ingredients/chemicals. If it doesn't have any of these, it should be fine to eat (for example, a plain salad at McDonald's)... of course the ingredients will likely be the lowest quality they can get you to pay for.  

“Curiosity killed the cat.”

@How to be wise Whatchu up to here? You doin ok man?  I know you to be mich wiser than this.  The illness of fast food is a given, that’s common and implied wo needing mention. Or am I eating in a bubble?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

What about 100% whole wheat?
What about wheat berries?

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

I respect Leo but I think he’s wrong about what to eat to be healthy. A plant based diet won’t give you the nutrition that your body needs. We need things like raw meat, raw eggs, and raw milk and lots of them. Plants can be used to detoxify but not to build a strong body. Just like with spirituality, you can’t expect the most juicy information about nutrition to be mainstream like veganism is. The real masters of nutrition are hard to come by. If you want to learn more about a raw diet I suggest reading We Want To Live by Aajonus Vonderplanitz. 

Those are definitely bad but wheat and dairy cause more problems in humans than meat. Fried food is cancer, sugar is cancer, anything that is not whole, fresh and provided naturally by nature i would avoid. Most of us do not notice the damage because they're bodies have become used to it but if they ever do a fast then try introduce something like those mentioned above you are going to feel like hell.

I don't agree with soy though, if its non-gmo and sourced elsewhere from US and grown organically its one of the healthiest most complete and nutrient dense foods known to man. Similar for corn if its grown organically and sourced in small areas in less popular and contaminated/polluted countries it can be very healthy.

Nothing beats fruits and vegetables though but even those are sprayed heavily so you either shop locally, buy organically or grow your own.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

@Spacious try having a Big Mac at kfc and try to stay lean. (It has no wheat or sugar). 

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

7 hours ago, Slade said:

A plant based diet won’t give you the nutrition that your body needs.

What is it the body needs that you can't get from plants? (except b12)

Edited by sgn

"Maybe aliens is sitting somewhere up there looking at this at like a video feed and jerking off to it. You don't know!" - Leo Gura, 2018

@Spacious how about the ‘mighty bucket for one’ (without the drink). Shall I follow Dr Leo’s advise and not hold myself back from the quantity. 

12 hours ago, Slade said:

I respect Leo but I think he’s wrong about what to eat to be healthy. A plant based diet won’t give you the nutrition that your body needs. We need things like raw meat, raw eggs, and raw milk and lots of them. Plants can be used to detoxify but not to build a strong body. Just like with spirituality, you can’t expect the most juicy information about nutrition to be mainstream like veganism is. The real masters of nutrition are hard to come by. If you want to learn more about a raw diet I suggest reading We Want To Live by Aajonus Vonderplanitz.

I am starting to think that you come up with all this pseudoscience and going against rational mind for the pure pleasure of pissing people off. Are you a troll?

Edited by Michael569
wording

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

24 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

I am starting to think that you come up with all this pseudoscience and going against rational mind for the pure pleasure of pissing people off. Are you a troll?

Only the close minded get angry. Tread carefully. 

@Slade Can you answer me what is lacking in a vegan diet?

@Spacious check out this video:

Can I really have how much I want?

1 hour ago, sgn said:

@Slade Can you answer me what is lacking in a vegan diet?