cactus

Is there any dark side to beeing awakened?

52 posts in this topic

39 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

There is no your body.  You still got some letting go to do.  Enlightenment is probably much deeper than you think.  Just sayin’.

Can you elaborate on this one?

I recently had an other awakening experience, never has the body gone anywhere, there is just 0 or very little identification of it.

What i think @Joseph Maynor means by saying you don't have a choice, is that if you are ran by your ego, you are following collective unconscious thought patterns(fear&desire) and they are running your life instead of you. And once enlightened you are following the deep divine purpose for your human form.

1 minute ago, ADD said:

What i think @Joseph Maynor means by saying you don't have a choice, is that if you are ran by your ego, you are following collective unconscious thought patterns(fear&desire) and they are running your life instead of you. And once enlightened you are following the deep divine purpose for your human form.

With the ego, you still have a choice. How do you think Buddha freed himself up ;) He still had the ego

9 minutes ago, ADD said:

There’s no divine either.  That’s just a belief.  You guys gotta get rid of all your baby-blanket beliefs about reality.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

15 minutes ago, Richard Alpert said:

Can you elaborate on this one?

I recently had an other awakening experience, never has the body gone anywhere, there is just 0 or very little identification of it.

I think he means that there is no your body. There is a body or sensations that comprise what you think or as the body, but there's no you inside the body or controlling the body. Life is living itself. @Joseph Maynor

44 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I could see how you might conclude that.  I used to think like you too.  The truth is a lot more radical than most people are prepared for.  It’s the complete annihilation of belief in Ego.  What you are in now is the Spiritual Ego phase of the journey.  Been there done that.  That’s not the final stage on the path.

Yh sure..if saying that makes you feel good

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

2 minutes ago, Saumaya said:

Yh sure..if saying that makes you feel good

chucka chucka, never gave two fuck

double rubber

@Saumaya But you really don't have control even if your body in your example of jumping off a cliff wants to jump then again you decide not to jump it's still part of the whole mechanism . you didn't have control .whatever you want to think about it.

Eventually you can't be sure of any of these beliefs nevertheless we tend to lean towards one or the other.

@Saumaya I think you must self-reflect. You allow Joseph Maynor to annoy you because you have a superiority complex against him. I understand you, I believe Joseph Maynor is also on his own trip. He has a firm BELIEF that his truth about the unchanging is the final stage, I certainly dont believe hes even completely uncovered that insight, I think he is mostly just regurgitating it from some other spiritual source.

Anyway, I believe the journey is always longer than one might imagine, the universe is infinite afterall :). Even if it isnt the journey of Enlightenment, but rather growth and wisdom as a whole.

Really appreciate your insights, and lookin up to ur progress :P

@cactus Sounds like what she experienced wasn't enlightenment but depersonaliation disorder. This is like a half-baked enlightenment. A sort of negative infinity. It's definitely an incomplete awakening.

A proper enlightenment should still leave you passionate about participating in life.

Of course something like the desire to get a master's degree might completely fall away -- especially if the degree was in a field which wasn't authentic to begin with. But then new motivations arise -- more authentic ones.

Yes, some enlightened people choose to become recluses. There's nothing wrong with that per se, but it has to be done authentically, not out of fear or depression or lack of passion.

True enlightenment should make you MORE capable, not less. Of course inauthentic parts of your life will fall away. This may be painful or scary at first, but ultimately that's what you want: a more authentic life.

I wouldn't worry too much about this. Depersonalization is rare, and I think it mostly happens with people who don't study the theory enough and don't realize what they're getting into so it can blindside them. They somehow misinterpret Emptiness or No-self as a negative thing, which it isn't. I find my awakenings very motivating, and so do most people I think.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

25 minutes ago, MarkusR said:

@Saumaya I think you must self-reflect. You allow Joseph Maynor to annoy you because you have a superiority complex against him. I understand you, I believe Joseph Maynor is also on his own trip. He has a firm BELIEF that his truth about the unchanging is the final stage, I certainly dont believe hes even completely uncovered that insight, I think he is mostly just regurgitating it from some other spiritual source.

Anyway, I believe the journey is always longer than one might imagine, the universe is infinite afterall :). Even if it isnt the journey of Enlightenment, but rather growth and wisdom as a whole.

Really appreciate your insights, and lookin up to ur progress :P

I don't feel superior in any way. There is no such thing as superiority and inferiority, blah blah blah. Its just that I am quite disappointed in him. I feel like he is serious about his journey but doesnt get such a simple thing. lol i just realised that does make me sound superior haha. Also Im frustrated, I know what joseph speaks is right, that there is no control, and I want him to understand that. Im not saying he is wrong, but there are more nuances to it. When you go back to your everyday life, you still choose, its a paradox. The body still takes my commands, but there is no me.

Thanks, glad it were of use

Edited by Saumaya

There's Only One Truth!

My book on Enlightenment and Non Duality

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BHWCP7H

From glimpses I had choice is there but chooser isn't. You are the choice not the chooser. You are free will itself, not the one who is free. Just semantic though coz u might wanna say that choice=chooser, no p. In the same time it's all predetermined.

2 hours ago, Ether said:

With the ego, you still have a choice. How do you think Buddha freed himself up ;) He still had the ego

Yes, but ego's are driven by either fear or desire. You either act from desiring something or out of fear of something. So that's not really YOU who is making the choices. ;)

The only thing that seems quite dangerous is activating your kundalini in a rush.

It might not kill you, but your life will be unbearable, and you may never recover.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Saumaya You make sense. But that irritation and annoyance at Manor you feel may be the opportunity for you to expand your ability to teach and open people up. Right now Manor is being stubborn, but that may be a key part in his journey, at some point we must all become stubborn and disregard outside speculation to continue our very personal search for truth.

With his devotion I am sure more insights will come over and humble him.

@MarkusR  Touche.

Stubborness and arrogance gets spectacularly burned out of you as you progress and finally notice your egotism.

Like the starwars lines :   Luke "I am not afraid."  Yoda "You will be... you will be."