Ibn Sina

What kind of problems are you going through?

82 posts in this topic

Got problems with motivation, I currently don't like the place I'm in because fuck collage. I'm trying to see the infinity around me and be happy with living witch helps to some extent + I'm Questioning why I'm doing personal development a lot.

On 2/23/2018 at 3:55 PM, Star Net said:

Hi

@Ibn Sina @Ether @sgn @Saumaya @Preetom @Slade @Rachityczny @Charlotte

Do not call them Problems, Call them challenges and be happy with these challenges in Your life,

Can You imagine a life without challenges ?, a life without challenges can not be called a life,

it is about the mindset.

I have been calling them tests... but yes completely agree with this. I have changed my mind from a negative,victimized mindset to a mostly positive, tested mindset over the last two years. Still struggle with irritability and anxiety , but have made huge strides by learning to be in the present moment. 

18 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

thank you. Sorry for late reply, been off the forum dealing with "Challenges"

hey Charlotte, you are a good looking woman from a 1st world country who probably has a super rich boyfriend so this means all your "Challenges" are actually "Illusions."

Edited by Ibn Sina

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy

1 minute ago, Ibn Sina said:

hey Charlotte, you are a good looking woman from a 1st world country who probably has a super rich boyfriend so this means all your "Challenges" are actually "Illusions."

You've judged me from a picture and where I live. Looks can be deceiving.

For the record, money means absolutely nothing to me. I don't measure my life, success, hierarchy or status by the digits in my or anyone else's bank account. My true success in my life lies in how far I can "jailbreak my mind". All I strive for everyday is more and deeper inner work. 

With regards to my "challenges" yes, they are an illusion I agree BUT that doesn't make them any less of an issue right now unfortunately. I'm suffering with OCD with thoughts, paranoia, anxiety, depression, complete and utter inner turmoil. At this moment in my life I'm working very hard on getting some kind of control over these issues because they are ruining me, my life and my mental health. This "illusion" has gotten to a place where it seems like it is no longer an illusion and with the hard work I'm doing comes a lot of hard emotional labor and what feels like suffering to an extent I've never imagined. 

11 minutes ago, Ether said:

@Ibn Sina @Charlotte Well, all problems are illusions. Can you find them in reality? Aaaaaaaaaaaah i dont want to explain fuck

I understand. I can grasp this with any other problems I seem to face, I shrug them off and laugh at them. I need professional help (which I'm in the process of getting) with these insecurity issues I've been facing for 14 years. 

2 minutes ago, Ether said:

@Charlotte I dont know what will work for you. But i know that 24\7 mindfulness worked for me

I genuinely try to stay mindful all day BUT by doing so I feel like I'm, in a way, repressing thoughts.

Edited by Charlotte
Spelling error

2 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

I genuinely try to stay mindful all day BUT by doing so I feel like I'm, in a way, repressing thoughts.

I feel the same way. What r u going to do for this ? Haven't thought about it 

3 minutes ago, egoeimai said:

I feel the same way. What r u going to do for this ? Haven't thought about it 

I honestly don't have the answer at this moment in time, I wish I did. From my personal experience I think I have to work towards more observation than this feeling of repression but I'm also confused with observation. Is observation still being pulled in by the thought content and then observing you've been pulled in or is it like awareness watching the thoughts whilst the thoughts are happening. 

6 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

I honestly don't have the answer at this moment in time, I wish I did. From my personal experience I think I have to work towards more observation than this feeling of repression but I'm also confused with observation. Is observation still being pulled in by the thought content and then observing you've been pulled in or is it like awareness watching the thoughts whilst the thoughts are happening. 

Yeah, because when we do observe thoughts, there's still a factor in us trying to repress them? I think that happens because the mind isnt used to observe, is used to label and thats why.With a lot of observation experience,  I think we wont have this discouraging thought .

1 minute ago, egoeimai said:

Yeah, because when we do observe thoughts, there's still a factor in us trying to repress them?

Couldn't agree more. Thank goodness I'm not the only one. I am practicing observation through my meditation practice which is frustrating at times but I have to accept that. The mind is so used to being the centre of attention it will take a lot of awareness and practice to perfect mindfulness (or mindlessness in my experience). I have found that mindfulness isn't needed in some situations throughout day to day life because I forget things, I lose things, I think it's about striking the right balance in everyday life. 

Seeing my brothers fighting each other.

Doesn't feel good man ...

large.jpg

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them