Mrkvn8

Beware of Dropping All "Low Conscious" Friends

23 posts in this topic

Seeing through this Consciousness lens is really dangerous, and can lead to a ridiculously high standard of perfectionism, arrogance, and close-mindedness in relations; as well as dehumanizing people as egos, in my experience. I dropped all my friends but one, and totally regret it. 

Looking back, even though they did some low conscious activities, these friends could hold good conversations and provide insight. Be careful not to dismiss advice a low conscious person says based upon their actions (drinking, chasing girls, money). 

If you're young (19ish), do not do this hardcore hermit shit yet or waiting for the perfect high conscious people to come into your life. Especially if you are a little ignorant of your self-deception mechanisms, intense isolation from people can lead to a lot of ego-backlash, social unawareness&selfishness, and comfort seeking behaviors.

The ego turned "Lifestyle Minimalism" and "How to Cure Loneliness" as an excuse to not go out and experience life. This demonizing of stimulation/fun/sex and girls was a stick up my ass - that knocked me off the path. 

Remember, SAVOR LIFE, LET LOOSE, and experience - everything is NOT about Enlightenment or being high conscious 100% of the time. Doing otherwise will fuck up your enlightenment and deepen ignorance, perhaps.

Living in a Self-Actualization Bubble is good 60% of the time. 

Experience and Stimulation is still CRUCIAL for PD.

48 minutes ago, Mrkvn8 said:

Seeing through this Consciousness lens is really dangerous, and can lead to a ridiculously high standard of perfectionism, arrogance, and close-mindedness in relations; as well as dehumanizing people as egos.

Its totally opposite you see them with more understanding,you see them why they do what they do.You are seeing threw partial "consciousness" lens assuming you are different then them,you dont drop people when you still want what they want....

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

Definitely could relate to this post. I'm 22, started doing all this personal development stuff and started dropping most of my friends around 19-21. It didn't happen all at once but it all happened sub-consciously. Started seeing the negativity in them, and I felt that they were bringing me down in a way. But I definitely built some kind of ego around all that. I started to think that I was 'conscious' and that everyone else was ignorant. I think that it also created this standoffish behavior in me and I would just sabotage all the relationships that I had. Even with my mom. I went into full hermit mode had basically no one anymore in my life and I fell into depression. I even stopped doing my personal development. All I did was play video games and it kind of felt like it was all supposed to be this way as a result of hardcore personal development, falling into hermit mode.

But now its all getting better again for me. I was out of a job for 3 months during my depression phase, had no human interaction other than my family. Started to interact more with my family again, and depression got a bit better. Then finally got a job and now I'm starting to socialize a lot more at work and my happiness levels are better than ever. Starting to realize that relationships are important in someone's life and its not just all about hardcore personal development. I mean, I do believe that there is a point that we can get to in our personal development journey where you are 100% independent but in the early stages I would say no.

It's all about being able to balance the two and its not about one side of the spectrum.

"Intellectual growth should commence at birth and cease only at death." - Albert Einstein

Been more or less alone since 12. Not really missing people all too much, but you definitely don't want to resent the things they do or you'll find yourself struggling with the same things yourself. Having one or two people to talk to when necessary can be nice, mine are online.

You should definitely be willing to just kick back and watch a football game and drink a few beers.

When an enlightened bud comes to town, we go to the strip club. Enlightenment isn't about being ultra spiritual. Ultra spiritual is how you should be on your hardcore meditation retreats. But in everyday life you want to kick back.

There's really no reason to talk about spirituality with your friends.

As long as the person is positive and gives off a good vibe, you should be friends with them. Definitely don't judge people based on how high they score on your consciousness scale. LOL.

"Sorry bro, your consciousness is at level 495, and I only hang out with 500+"

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I know this one girl, very conscious, but most of all very open and loving. She can tell you all about the ego and its many deceptions, yet when she's around people, its like she doesnt even see it.

In fact, the reason I am on this path of actualization is because many years ago in my most unconscious moments she was the only one that completely accepted me exactly the way I was. Even being around such a person can transform you  because suddenly it becomes so clear to you how unnacepting you actually are. That's what I love about her, she teaches just by being. Even when no words are spoken I end up learning things about myself, just by seeing total acceptance in action. I can imagine that's what being around an enlightened person would be like.

The reason I'm saying this, is that what Ive learned from her is that the most unconscious thing you can do is to create this distinction between conscious and unconscious people. If she wouldnt have accepted me and my unconscious ways, I wouldnt have been able to see it in myself. And that's how love works. Its all encompassing. 

If you arent able to accept the "low-conscious" behaviour of your friends, see that it's you that is unable to accept in that moment. In fact your low conscious friends are your best teachers. Sure, theres a time for seclusion, but ultimately if you cant deal with the world, living in a cave (so to speak) is just another way of running away from your own fears. 

5 hours ago, Mrkvn8 said:

I dropped all my friends but one, and totally regret it. 

I would like to know why?

"Whatever you do or dream you can begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it. "   - Goethe

My Blog- Writing for Therapy

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You should definitely be willing to just kick back and watch a football game and drink a few beers.

I'm glad I read this point. . . I haven't seen my gf for a week. She is visiting me tonight and I thought it would be nice to discuss things like how we inter-relate, how we are mirrors of each other, how we are each a teacher and student to each other, how our energies integrate to form emergent patterns - some of which cannot be explained through language. . . Of course, I would be willing to elaborate on ideas unfamiliar to her.

Your message shifted my perspective and I just texted that I'm looking forward to just kicking back and watching a movie together. . . 

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Lmao.

11 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

When an enlightened bud comes to town, we go to the strip club. Enlightenment isn't about being ultra spiritual. Ultra spiritual is how you should be on your hardcore meditation retreats. But in everyday life you want to kick back.

As long as the person is positive and gives off a good vibe, you should be friends with them. Definitely don't judge people based on how high they score on your consciousness scale. LOL.

Holy shit I needed to see this along with the rest of this thread 

12 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

We can't do that anymore you took us our points !!!

How will I express my inferiority issues now ?

:/

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Leo Gura fucking fuck I wish I would’ve seen this sooner. 

Hilarious haha. Thanks for the wisdom. 

18 hours ago, blazed said:

You've mentioned this before, I'm curious though, why a strip club? why not a regular bar or cafe? What makes the strip club ideal for you? the girls? the boobs? I'm finding it hard why an Enlightened person sees anything "special" in it.

Why not?

Everything is special in its own way. And nothing like boobs to put a smile on one's face.

Those places are filled with negatives vibes, women selling out doing things they dont want to do for some cash, desperate men who mainly objectify women, weird owners, weird bouncers, etc.

You haven't realized God until you can find him in a whorehouse.

P.S. You'd be surprised how many strippers are into yoga and psychedelics.

Its not low conscious people that are the problem its toxic ones that drain your energy. Keep your circle small :)

B R E A T H E

20 hours ago, blazed said:

You've mentioned this before, I'm curious though, why a strip club? why not a regular bar or cafe? What makes the strip club ideal for you? the girls? the boobs? I'm finding it hard why an Enlightened person sees anything "special" in it. Those places are filled with negatives vibes, women selling out doing things they dont want to do for some cash, desperate men who mainly objectify women, weird owners, weird bouncers, etc.

There are no negative vibe in there if you are present enough not to be influenced by them.

And if you are, then it's a good spiritual practice ... everything that you resent is a good spiritual practice.

The best technique I ever found is to do exactly that, but you don't have to stop there, just think of every things that disturbs you, even the extreme case like murder/rape/death or torture.

Face your fears in your mind before having to (and you will) face them in real life.

Most direct path to growth here.

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

23 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This is so accurate and has almost happened to me at least twice during the last 8-10 years of doing this "work". It seems to be just another shadow trap that the sense of self uses to gain by contraction, trying to purge itself of that which might lead to openess or accountability. Very well put Leo!! 

I remember Shinzen Young mentioning that this phenomena of seeing "less spiritual folks" as merely a newb/intermediate step in the path, which will be long outgrown prior to mastery. One masterful teacher whom I work with personally once told me, "Like Christ, we meet people where they are."

For the kidz: If you are a level 90 archmage, it doesn't mean you mock and throw fireballs at a level 20 mage, because you know they are gaining experience and will eventually level up. You worry about your own spells.

29 minutes ago, Mighty Mouse said:

23vpyb.jpg

xD

The first one is inviting you quite loudly to come in «COME IN YOU LITTLE BITCH >:(».

The second one is a bit shy and needs to be gently hugged first «Plz fuck me senpai ... but first some touchy touchy :$» 

TRUESTORY.jpg

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

20 minutes ago, blazed said:

What if the boobs were your mum, sister, wife, daughter on stage though? would it still put a big old smile?

By that logic you couldn't ever enjoy boobs.