SFRL

High Sensitive Persons

16 posts in this topic

Does anyone else here identify as a High Sensitive Person? 

What are your good and bad experiences with it? 

I guess it is not always bad but it can get very tiring and a little too sobering at times.

Like the ability to see trough all the little lies and half-truths of people all the time. Not like a High Sensitive Person really has a choice in that matter. 

Today I noticed that my two year old daughter probably is a High Sensitive Person as well. It made me feel proud of her in a sense, but also I feel like it is not a good thing because she will have to pick up on cues that will make her life more difficult then if she would just be oblivious to them. 

Edited by SFRL

What do u mean sensitive? Sensitive as in alert, sharp, observant, quiet, but attentive of body language and expression? 

If so 

It’s a good thing. But she must be protected psychologically. I understand your worry. I to have 2 year old and I think about that often. It’s our job to help the child become innocent. Innocent in the sense of incapable of being hurt psychologically. This is true responsibility when having a child. To help them learn how to navigate the conflicted nature of thought in relationship others and themselves.

Eduction, family life, and other interactions must be watched closely. 

This is what I feel is necessary anyway. 

oh yes , i would consider myself a highly sensitive person as well and it is so nice to meet other people who are ....

I think highly sensitive people may be introverts , 

they use their intuition as if it is a psychic ability. that is what I would say is a very very good part about being sensitive, also being sensitive may make us feel compassion and empathy for other beings.

The bad part is that being highly sensitive may limit us in some ways .....

I mean sensitive as in appreciating quiet and not needing constant stimulation. An in this freedom from the reactions in stimulation this make for a clearer mind. And in this quiet mind not burdened by those reactions there is a sense of peace. And when there is peace comes compassion. 

Education for my son is an issue that I am going to have to get at.

@SFRL

I condiser myself to be highly sensitive. I had this ability since I was a small kid and due to the highly disfunctional family I grew up in, I repressed a lot of emotions and developed serious neuroses and suffered a lot. I am 21 now and I’m in the process of healing myself .

During my youth I always had a great sensibility but I used my ability to see inside others mostly against my own well being.

I think that when I will be fully healed I will be able to use this ability for my own happiness and for the one of others.

I also think that for highly sensitive people it is possible to find a deeper emotional connection in intimate relationships, if both people are conscious and healthy . 

Observe reality as it is, not as you would like it to be 

@SFRL
I am probably even further on the scale than most others. The challenge for me has always been, that I was basically falling in love instantly and could never let go, my whole life was just about that one person at the same time my intuition made me know them so well after some time, while I couldn't even manage to really talk to any of them. So I was lovesick all of my life pretty much, with the added sensitivity it really was hell for me.
Now that I think about it, this probably is the reason why I don't really enjoy to socialize because I sense when someone bullshits me and in the past I was really sensitive about that and would get triggered easy and just start ignoring those people.

But luckily now everything changed, the most important thing that I just recently grasped is, that you have to fill your own cup. Only you can love yourself, nobody else can do that for you. I recommend the book "Shadows Before Dawn" from Teal Swan to anyone who struggles with similar problems, just learn to love yourself and your sensitivity will for the first time in your life become purely a gift instead of a curse.

@SFRL , @Faceless Me too, my 4yr old child too...(sensitive emotionally, and intuitively)...I also see the value and the challenge...once the children are 4, the things they pick up can be voiced to others that may not be prepared to hear them... for sure....I used to filter my speech much more, but now I don't always do this...and kids can't really be expected to do that...if they notice someone is trying to manipulate etc, they may call it...etc...this may cause a little drama sometimes....but if these subtleties were out in the open all the time, people would realize what they are really doing/ saying and how it effects others more...it seems like a difficult thing, but a good thing to me...but who knows....

I am an HSP. It is a scientificly proven trait. You may test it here: http://hsperson.com/test/highly-sensitive-test/ For me it was quite eye opening because I always assumed other people were just mean but when I read about it I realised that they simply felt differently than me :D I read the book, saw the film, my daughter is also sensitive, makes me understand a lot of things better now.  

Same here probably. The thing is most time of my life I was trying to numb myself down, also I had (have) almost zero self awareness. I tended to assume that life is just meant to be hell.

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it 

- A Course in Miracles

Yes. Likely. I do not fit all of the traits - I don't have high social intuition, in groups I'm really clueless, also easily tricked by manipulation. But I'm really really sensitive to my own emotions, and I'm also easily overwhelmed both by loud and busy environments. Also sometimes I can sense really well what's going on with the person I'm in a relationship with. 

I've suppressed my emotional sensitivity when I was a child - I guess it was really too much to take so I disconnected. I had to rediscover that I'm this sensitive person in my early twenties when depression hit me hard. 

I'm still learning to use this trait to my advantage. I'm having to put up some strong boundaries, but when I do that, I can let my sensitivity unfold and the world is a much more interesting place. 

On 29. Jänner 2018 at 2:43 PM, Timotheus said:

The thing is most time of my life I was trying to numb myself down, also I had (have) almost zero self awareness. I tended to assume that life is just meant to be hell.

this resonates with me a lot. I also tried to numb myself down for most of my adolescence. distractions were huge. all that repression led to a lot of suffering.

I guess the best method for healing is raising our awareness.

whatever arises, love that

Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it 

- A Course in Miracles

On 1/1/2018 at 4:39 AM, SFRL said:

Does anyone else here identify as a High Sensitive Person? 

What are your good and bad experiences with it? 

I guess it is not always bad but it can get very tiring and a little too sobering at times.

Like the ability to see trough all the little lies and half-truths of people all the time. Not like a High Sensitive Person really has a choice in that matter. 

Today I noticed that my two year old daughter probably is a High Sensitive Person as well. It made me feel proud of her in a sense, but also I feel like it is not a good thing because she will have to pick up on cues that will make her life more difficult then if she would just be oblivious to them. 

Whats up though ?  

You may just be highly empathic. It can be both a blessing and a curse at times, how you choose to be and live by it results in if it becomes a blessing or a curse :)

B R E A T H E

Yes, we are about 15-20% more enlightened human beings in the world than the average. This is a great opportunity and a great tragedy if one is misunderstood and mocked all the time by insensitive people (a.k.a my childhood).

Take care of your daughter and bring her up in a school of highly gifted students. The highly sensitive excel in any field if given the opportunity or is easy to break a young highly sensitive to become a depressive human being. 

Edited by Quanty

I change my sensitivity to things like energies and emotions from time to time depending on what kind of people I am able to surround myself with