thehero

How do you deal with people thinking you're a nut?

31 posts in this topic

I tried to talk about enlightenment, problems with science and a lot of unconventional topics. Unfortunately, everyone thinks that I am extremely gullible and believe stupid shit. Now, I can't express anything I am passionate about without being shut down or judged (many times I'm indirectly judged). This hurts a lot for people not to trust me or at least be open-minded to what I am saying. I am telling people about some *revolutionary*  shit!! My lifestyle is not understood, my beliefs are shut down, I am unable to express myself... It just doesn't feel good. I am not good yet at making friends. But I guess I have no choice but to find new friends? 

I had a good chuckle at this one, basically the same way that it has boiled down for me - People simply will not understand, the closest friends and family of mine have seen a disconnect in daily activities from my side, lack of ability to communicate and overall just mutual enjoyment. It's hard because you start rejecting offers of all the things you used to say 'fuck it, why not?' and start making choices that seemingly have no logic to people who are so low consciousness that they don't even ponder on WHY you might be changing, but never really understanding that it's your improvement that veers you away from socialization.

What I've been trying to do is just accepting it, I've tried numerous ways of communicating with people that the videos that Leo puts out are life-altering in every positive way. The change is noticeable, even others say that it's very apparent - but even PROOF isn't enough my friend.

This is where I'm trying to fit the model of Spiral Dynamics into my time. To maybe help articulate in such a way that it really digs deep into the mind of lower-consciousness people and really points a spotlight on the issue at hand.

Here's what I have learned:

People don't like being sold ideas.  They will come to them in their own time if and when.

What i have heard from someone else was to give them the facts/evidence etc. and then let them make up their own mind from there

Edited by BjarkeT

1 hour ago, BjarkeT said:

What i have heard from someone else was to give them the facts/evidence etc. and then let them make up their own mind from there

Facts/Evidence means nothing, people don't 'open up' with evidence

@Omni no one said it would be 100% guarantee but it give them a chance to open up to the idea for themselves 

Edited by BjarkeT

I want some nuts now :/

I keep these things to myself,  because normies don't understand nor really want to understand.  I had a friend of mine mine judged as recently as last night for being into horoscopes or whatever that stuff is called. 

1 hour ago, BjarkeT said:

@Omni no one said it would be 100% guarantee but it give them a chance to open up to the idea for themselves 

It's not 100%, nor is it even 50%. Facts don't change opinions. That's as simple as it gets, self delusion and paradigm lock prevent this completely. You can try to logically explain to someone why they should calm down from an overreaction, but the logic doesn't click. You need to have people feel it emotionally, which is difficult to do - because we all have an opinion on something and it varies immensely.

This is why religion and politics sells so well, is because it is fueled by emotion, not logic.

"How do you deal with people thinking you're a nut?" Ask them to help you bust a nut. 

Be open to the possibility you have a strange expression, gait, voice, unusual quirks that simply put people off etc. Maybe you are talking a mile a minute about hocus pocus and people are just looking at you picking up on all the other 90% of communication which is non verbal. I used to experience this, NOBODY paid attention to my words, they just looked at my weird darting eyes and panicked expression which I did not realize I had. I did not realize how fast I would talk when enthusiastic, I didn't even have an accent from my home country I sometimes talked like an american for no reason I can determine,  and I never noticed other people just wanting to not be embarrassed by the weird guy with way too much nervous energy. So if you are someone unknowingly doing all these other types of non verbal communication then you are simply speaking a silent language that regular people understand but you don't.

Only a possibility though, but I suspect actualized has more than a few people that fit into this category. Discovering you are giving out strange vibes through non verbal communication is an incredible gift to a weirdo. I really like almost everybody I meet now that I have learnt how to not force my uncomfortable vibes on others.  

Edited by star ark
impatience

@thehero

On 26/12/2017 at 11:42 AM, thehero said:

I tried to talk about enlightenment, problems with science and a lot of unconventional topics. Unfortunately, everyone thinks that I am extremely gullible and believe stupid shit. Now, I can't express anything I am passionate about without being shut down or judged (many times I'm indirectly judged). This hurts a lot for people not to trust me or at least be open-minded to what I am saying. I am telling people about some *revolutionary*  shit!! My lifestyle is not understood, my beliefs are shut down, I am unable to express myself... It just doesn't feel good. I am not good yet at making friends. But I guess I have no choice but to find new friends? 

Welcome to the journey of self-actualization friend! I believe this is not something you may openly talk to people about unless they ask!! why? because in a sense it's your new value system and it's going to play out similarly to when somebody brings up their new found religion or when they read the bible for the first time.. do you remember anyone doing that in your presence? ...and it being really awkward? 

Lead by example, that's the only way to get people interested…that's where you gotta find the strength to do the work by yourself until you get to the point where you're exemplary to others. ;)

People are Doubting Thomas

They won’t believe until they actually see it

So There’s no way

other than do magic like Jesus 

Or at least live to your own wisdom and people will see how good that life is and will agree with you and follow you. But it’s still unlikely coz Doubting Thomas want to see real deal like real miracles

Brilliant post. I can totally resonate with what your saying @thehero. I've been told I'm following a cult and all sorts. Been called weird etc. Thank god my own dad loves self actualising! Someone so close to me I can talk to about it ❤️

I'm also struggling to find friends into self actualisation, they all want to drink and party and I'm like "Naaaaar" ?

@Charlotte We need selfactualizationcity ?

Sometimes I wonder If I am gullable and following a cult. But then I notice all the good shifts in my life and I am like fuck it I like this cult.

Edited by Shroomdoctor

On 1/8/2018 at 6:33 PM, pluto said:

Meditate and locate the OFF SWITCH :)

B R E A T H E

19 minutes ago, Shroomdoctor said:

@Charlotte We need selfactualizationcity ?

Sometimes I wonder If I am gullable and following a cult. But then I notice all the good shifts in my life and I am like fuck it I like this cult.

@Shroomdoctor haha yes! I wish! It's a shame were all spread out over the globe, can you imagine the friendships we could all make together in person! No your not part of a cult, although at time's I've had this fleeting thought. Just because nobody else is doing it and it isn't what culture/society calls 'the norm' doesn't make it anything 'abnormal' or 'weird'. To be honest I strive to anything that isn't perceived as 'normal" because that means I've stepped out of the society/culture circle and I know I definitely don't want to be part of that clan ?