Ryan_047

There Is No Reason To Do Anything

42 posts in this topic

@Ryan_047 You have a choice. Have some fun while you're here. Pick subjects / major / career / life purpose according to your interests. Everything don't have to be all mapped out. It could fall into place as you learn to make decisions as you go along. 

I agree that there is no free-will, but there is a choice. You could choose to do your interests or not. You could choose to incorporate that into a life purpose or not. But, we don't really have free-will on our interests. Some are good in science, some in art, some in music, etc. It's by nature.

@Key Elements
On the physical level it really looks like there is no free-will but in my opinion, the more conscious you get the more likely you are to have free-will on certain things because you can just watch and sit out situations that would have always led to action without being conscious.
Also another thing is, if we go more into metaphysics and talk about lifepath potentials which can also be influeced by consciousness itself you see that there is actually the possibility to change your future, this probably happens by shifting into a parallel reality which kind of is free-will in my opinion.

20 hours ago, Shiva said:

@Alexo45 How do you get someone out of the matrix? - You have to go into the matrix and convince him to do what's required to get out.

If I was totally awakened I wouldnt immerse me in the matrix to rescue people for humanitary sake. Its the same like when christian prophets went to turkey and died dilapidated. I'd just only try to convince someone who has a seeker nature, a genuine hunger for thuth.

@LaucherJunge Are you kind of getting into paranormal abilities vs going for awareness / no-self? I bet all these topics are interrelated to metaphysics. I heard that paranormal abilities are labelled as "free-will" and going for no-self is not, but don't quote me on this. I also heard that life is a school, and one has to learn all the lessons in one's lifetime, otherwise there will be consequences. Leo wrote about life being a school in one of his article in his blog. Shinzen Young sort of touched on this topic here. This video is a must watch. We are talking about "The Power of Realm Trap" and the "Observer Trap." To me, Shinzen Young describes it beautifully. After some time and some practice, a person understands it deeper.

(Anyway, it's a very, very interesting / profound topic for me. I won't go into it here cause it may go off topic.)

@Key Elements
I think this has more to do with higher dimensional realities than paranormal abilities but maybe those are the same thing after all.
The only consequence I would presume to be possible is, when you don't manage to shine light of your consciousness into your shadows and they will stay in darkness, but I don't believe you have to reach the state of no-self in order to light up all of your big shadows.
Also in our ever expanding universe it is not possible to ever go back so you actually are going trough the school of life with a result, no matter what.
I don't see ego as the enemy and I don't see the state of no-self as my aim at the moment, I start considering it as the old spiritual paradigm, but who knows. I saw the video you linked already, I agree to the extend that the amount of things to learn if you go beyond our dimension is beyond the 3rd or 4th dimensional infinity, what ever dimension you consider humans to be in the collective. So you have a ton of material to get lost in.

@Ryan_047 I think that you're just trapped in your paradigm :). The fact that the world sucks for you happens just in your mind and it's most probably been unconsciously fed into you. The wonderful thing is that you're capable of choosing and changing your paradigm. You just trust your mind too much and you don't even realize what tricks it could play on you! 

Of course a "good life" differs from a "bad life"! But it's not external circumstances that differentiate them, but your attitude towards those circumstances. The meanings you give to things change. Your life is "bad" just because you think and believe that it's bad. It's all in your head :D.

But it's fine! You might be in a very important stage of development! If I got your current state right, you're very close to really comprehending what I've written above. You see, you, in your current paradigm, might interpret the the things I've written above totally differently than from what I really wanted to say. That's where open mindedness is required. And it's not a thought, it's more like an experience. 

In order to save some time I'm going to try a little imaginary dialogue here. If I understand your state of mind right, than our face to face conversation might look something like:

ME: "Why do you think life sucks?", "Why do you believe it's true?"

YOU: "Well, I feel it. It makes complete sense. Look - I'm sad, because everything is false and existence is pointless. Nothing matters."

ME: "And why do I think that is true?"

YOU: "Because there's no meaning to anything, life is pointless and this is depressing!"

ME: "Why do you think it's depressing?"

YOU: "Because I feel it. It's real. My depression is here, I can feel it."

ME: "And how do you know that this feeling is "real"? It's just in your mind. It doesn't mean it's real. Why do you think the depression is real? Why do you think that it's "bad" that existence is pointless? How did those thoughts even get in your mind? Why sadness is more inherent to life than happiness? Could it be that both happiness and sadness are projections of your mind? And if that's true, isn't it amazing? The fact that you can choose what to project?"

Now here I need your real reply (or is it? :D :D :D). I might've got your position wrong, so feel free to correct me. We can discuss it! :) Cheers.

Edited by Serge

@Ryan_047 This insight was very difficult for my self to accept. I rationalized for years trying to find some way to integrate meaning into life. The concept of meaning is constructed by my mind.

Yet, my direct experience includes what feels like “meaning”. Why not be aware of this and experience it? 

Edited by Serotoninluv

@Ryan_047 Okay, but....

If you could lead a "meaningless" life that is full of joy and happiness, and take huge pleasure in each breath, the sun, the strange looking furry things we call animals, the trees, other human beings, food, walking, talking... would you choose that or would you choose not to exist at all? 

Could its meaninglessness be beautiful? Could its sheer beauty provide lots of meaning to you?

Contemplate this

Edited by RossE

Founder of The Great Updraft: Articles, Courses + More

www.thegreatupraft.com

@Serge What does real really means?What is required of something to be considered real?

I think it's "bad" that existence is pointless because I am going to die and everything will be gone forever.I fantasize about how life could be for me if I start working hard..having a big house,a Golden retriever,high conscious wife and friends,help other people,have a big positive impact on my country..but then I think..what for? They are going to die, so am I so the rest of the human race.I will just spin in a circle for the rest of my life where I'll experience good things and bad things,be happy/sad etc.

My mind is still looking for meaning,for a reason to do something.I want to do things...but the fact that I do them for no reason feels..sad and unmotivating..so I get stuck in doing nothing.I only follow 2 teachers (couldn't find a better word) in the realm of self development and spiritually..Leo and Teal Swan..The way she talks and explains things suggest that there is actually a reason/meaning for our life on Earth...to expand the Universe.I don't know where this knowledge comes from and how it can be proven so I am confused.I don't think that she lies or tries to manipulate..but I just don't understand.

@RossE Of course there is beauty in life..in both good times and bad times..I sometimes think..if I could choose between hell and void,I would choose hell.Yeah,I would suffer for all the eternity,but I still exist.But the fact that this beauty won't last forever..makes me sad.@kieranperez

Your question got me thinking..

And..I came to the conclusion that everything I do leads to ensuring my survival.Why do I eat/drink?Why do I clean myself?Why do I study?Why do I try to do personal development?Why do I want to be happy? Because I want to survive for as much as possible..In other words,I am greedy for life.

@Ryan_047 This is how ego consciousness works. By constructing meaning and reasons and justifications from nowhere, and then not being able to face up to the delusion it created. It THINKS that this is all meaningless, it THINKS that it's all about its survival, it THINKS that it will die. This is just the ego throwing its toys out the pram because it knows it has been caught red-handed. It does so by trying to maintain itself.

Keep doing the practice daily and be patient. The ego will slowly step down from its stolen throne. The life you live will be 10x better than it was.

Founder of The Great Updraft: Articles, Courses + More

www.thegreatupraft.com

On ٢٩‏/١٠‏/٢٠١٧ at 9:56 AM, Shiva said:

Yes, there's no reason to do anything. But there's also no reason to not do anything. 

At the end of the day, you're alive right now. You have to decide how you want to conduct your life. 

Do you want a life full of joy and happiness or a life full of misery and depression?

You're free to do whatever you want. Isn't that fantastic? 

I agree with You

On 11/2/2017 at 3:52 AM, Ryan_047 said:

if I could choose between hell and void,I would choose hell.

You are in The Void right now!

THIS! THIS! THIS! Everything you see around you... that chair, that tree, that cat, that body... IS THE VOID!

The Void is not a black bottomless pit. Reality is The Void! The Void is the thing you love: LIFE!

What you're failing to appreciate is that BEING is far superior to meaning. Once you become conscious of BEING, you'll stop caring about meaning. It's like meaning x10000000, but it's meaningless.

Because you are not conscious of BEING, you feel hollow and broken, so you seek meaning, thinking it will fill you. But you don't realize yet that what you really seek is a connection to BEING, which you have become disconnected from years ago.

Hell is clinging to meaning, which is why you're suffering here.

Everything is the opposite of what you think it is.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The sense of self is uncomfortable with the silent void in the present. It creates fantasies and concepts to avoid. It wants to be a linear entity in time with a past and future

Cold approach Pickup and Amazing sexual experiences feels pretty meaningful to me..?

3 minutes ago, art said:

Cold approach Pickup and Amazing sexual experiences feels pretty meaningful to me..?

thats great until you are not 40 or 50

If anything, you still have to pay the bills if you want to eat, have shelter, & any basic creature comforts while you yet live, such as having a computer or cellphone to post into the forum say....first world problems.