mmKay

Horror Movies?

53 posts in this topic

Best horror movies imo:

1. Possession

2. Alien/Aliens

3. The Thing

4. The Fly

5. The Shining (there's so many "The x" movies haha)

6. Jacob's Ladder

7. Pulse

8. The Seventh Seal (not horror but deals with horrific concepts)

9. In The Mouth of Madness (it's just fun)

10. Berserk

11. Saint Maud

12. Hereditary

13. Midsummer

14. 28 Days Later (personal favourite cause I'm British and biased)

15. Obsession

16. The Mist

17. The Descent

18. Get Out

19. Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me

20. The End of Evangelion

21. Come and See (the horror of war, very profound film)

22. An American Werewolf in London

23. The Exorcist

24. The Witch/Nosferatu/The Lighthouse (Robert Eggers is brilliant)

25. Candyman

What all of these have in common is that they all have well written characters. Horror without good characters, is just schlock, mostly...


I expected you. 
We have business, You and I...

https://youtube.com/@vivec?si=6no4qYSFDuPQpP6Z

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching Final Destination Bloodlines ;)

Professor Leo Death in the Family Final Destination.jpg

i'm on a horror binge now :D


𝐵𝑒𝑎𝑢𝑡𝑦 𝑖𝑠 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑎𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑 𝐼𝑛𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑖𝑡𝑦 𑣲⋆。˚

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“I wanna know who I am looking at. I wanna know who I am talking to.” @Joseph Maynor

xD 

Edited by Yimpa

𝐵𝑒𝑎𝑢𝑡𝑦 𝑖𝑠 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑎𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑 𝐼𝑛𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑖𝑡𝑦 𑣲⋆。˚

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are really flopped up. I remember my older brother getting them out when I was 13 with my parents, because they were R-rated. They'relike comedies now.:D Just don't take psychedelics while you're watching them.

The Entity

 

Edited by Jehovah increases

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont watch horror movies generally, but recently I really enjoyed Obsession. Intelligent horror and manages to be genuinely funny and genuinely scary at the same time without much unnecessary brutality (although a bit).


“The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you truly are.”

― Carl Gustav Jung

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 16.7.2026 at 2:47 PM, Vynce said:

I recently investigated the horror movie ice berg. As someone who never really got into horror at all. Interesting experience. I suggest you don't do that light heartedly. Because this stuff will fuck up your mind profoundly. 

Btw. at some point I got the the question of "can God ever be traumatized?". Because trauma is just a "unfinished, unprocessed, non-sensical disturbance of mind" so to say. Which, if you're omniscent cannot really be. But then God being Infinite could open up the possibility of God being traumatized as well.

Anyhow, I made a small list of movies that I would want to watch some day.

EDIT: don't look up the two last stages. These are not really movies. These are just gore clips of real wars and violence cut together by some dark net weirdos / or just strange fetish porn. So no artistic value in them at all. 

 

Screenshot 2026-07-16 at 14.43.55.png

Damn Hostel is stage 2. This is the darkest Ive watched when this stuff had a weird draw on me in my teenage years.

I once worked in a restaurant where another guy in the kitchen told me he would watch gore everyday and it would be good to do that to "toughen" yourself up and be prepared and not shocked if anything happens in reallife. Which was really weird rationalization for somewhat pathological behavior. 

Edited by Cireeric

“The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you truly are.”

― Carl Gustav Jung

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not my genre but, if I enjoyed one, I liked It (2017). A monster that attacks you based on what you’re afraid of is a cool idea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2026 at 1:40 AM, Leo Gura said:

I don't like jump-scares though.

Since a kid I thought some people were addicted to this, it’s like a drug , they enjoy the jump scares lol. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I mighta told yas bout one i like recently with the Basque ppl and the two young lesbians, and theres events or occurrences of folktale'esque sht which leads to their cult grandmas getting together to pay a visit to one of the lesbians (at one point, one of them is possessed by something... long story) though the grandmas want to recruit watchamakalit into the secret cult against her will... nd that is an upsetting part of the story for the protagonist... long story short, her, and the other cult members, they are flying around n sht, some butt naked, some on brooms, etc., and towards the end the other members start to chill out, and they initiate a giant orgy w eachother again, whilst flying around as well... as they enjy flying round). The story is not about any of  that, But its one of those movies that you cant give away or else you spoil the movie, But ya, theres orgies goin on, kinda like in that Al pacino keanu reeves movie, the Devils advocate, they have the painting that starts moving, And its not giving away anything to talk about the painting. Thats sortve wat im doing, im jus talking bout the paintings, which i often do to summarize a movie / anything, and that gives yas a brief idea of wat its about. Just search "Basque Folk movie, 2026".

Edited by kavaris

Non ci sarebbe lòta o dolaur sanza sé separato,  "There'd be no struggle or pain without the separate self" — Predilection to get us on andèda, a trip to the greater, u(oo)ch path, a finalé ... of a liberating sense and source.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now